Yzerman's name won't be on the Stanley Cup under Tampa Bay

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I didn't realize Yzerman getting his name on the Cup as GM of a different franchise would get people's knickers in a twist.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Realistically I don’t really care if Tampa wins the cup or not, but I’m glad they lost.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Why **** Tampa? They were actually fun to watch. I mean **** Toronto, or **** the Pens, but, not sure why **** Tampa.
Honestly if you remove some of their fanbase here from the equation, I can't even say f*** Toronto. They're a fun team to watch. And now with Kadri suspended it's even easier not to hate them.

Reactions: Oddbob

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Didn't win a playoff game in 5 out of his 9 seasons as GM (really 5 out of 8)

I'm so excited to have the opportunity to get this guy as GM.

Reactions: ShelbyZ and Fynn

Fynn

Apr 23, 2017
I don't think it's hate, but the boner everyone gets over Yzerman possibly coming to the Wings is over the top. He was a legend when he played. But we're not getting a 25 year old Yzerman back on the ice. What he will bring this team as a member of the front office remains to be seen. As was correctly pointed out above, Yzerman's tenure as GM can't really be looked at as a success. He made plenty of good moves, some not so good. But the bottom line, they didn't win. Not only that, they were spectacular failures when the were expected to succeed.

Reactions: izlez

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I don't think it's hate, but the ***** everyone gets over Yzerman possibly coming to the Wings is over the top. He was a legend when he played. But we're not getting a 25 year old Yzerman back on the ice. What he will bring this team as a member of the front office remains to be seen. As was correctly pointed out above, Yzerman's tenure as GM can't really be looked at as a success. He made plenty of good moves, some not so good. But the bottom line, they didn't win. Not only that, they were spectacular failures when the were expected to succeed.

If they win in the next few years, sure, his name won't be on the cup. But make no mistake, he built the team that wins.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I don't think it's hate, but the ***** everyone gets over Yzerman possibly coming to the Wings is over the top. He was a legend when he played. But we're not getting a 25 year old Yzerman back on the ice. What he will bring this team as a member of the front office remains to be seen. As was correctly pointed out above, Yzerman's tenure as GM can't really be looked at as a success. He made plenty of good moves, some not so good. But the bottom line, they didn't win. Not only that, they were spectacular failures when the were expected to succeed.

Same here. The Jim Harbaugh like messiah hype train is cringey, especially among fans on Facebook and other social media platforms.

I'm going to laugh if/when Yzerman comes aboard, gives Blashill a vote of confidence and simply continues what Holland has been doing for the past 3 seasons. :laugh::laugh::popcorn:

Reactions: izlez

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
If they win in the next few years, sure, his name won't be on the cup. But make no mistake, he built the team that wins.
except a certain 2-time Rocket Richard trophy winner and a certain Norris Trophy winner

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
As were the Wings until they won the Cup in '97 yet people only credit Holland for helping build that team and not for the team underachieving in the playoffs for multiple years. And that was in the non-cap world.

I can understand growing weary of people thinking Yzerman will be our savior as GM, but it's a stretch to put Tampa's collapse on him.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

His time in TB was an overall success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad