Speculation: Yzerman's first move.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I’d seriously think about it but trading Veleno hurts too much and we’re jammed on the wing

Yep.

Too many wingers if we get Ehlers. We could unload those older half-centers like AA+Helm which will match better with Jets core age, and keep our own prospect centers (Veleno) which are needed for the future.

Just reasonable. Why make it complicated.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Why not? It's your home in Trouba case.

Ryan Suter liked to play LIVE in front of his dad (in Minnesota) who had dedicated his life for his's son's career. It was a big factor for him.

Is there any report he wants to come back here? Just because one player did does not make it so that all players want to come back to where they are from. That is a flawed contention. Now if there's evidence backing that up then it carries weight. Other than that it's just a logical fallacy.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Is there any report he wants to come back here? Just because one player did does not make it so that all players want to come back to where they are from. That is a flawed contention. Now if there's evidence backing that up then it carries weight. Other than that it's just a logical fallacy.
There have been stories in the media. I think he wore a Pistons hat at his last interview.

Reactions: LazyT

plymouthmi

Jan 17, 2015
Chicago
I believe there were rumors a few years ago about a potential trade to Detroit when he held out and requested a trade. I haven't heard any specific rumors more recently about him wanting to come here.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Lol. If Detroit's going to give up the assets it would take to get Nylander they should be doing it for Trouba.
It will be arm and leg for Truba. Nylander had bad season, got blamed for everything, so I was thinking we can still him

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It will be arm and leg for Truba. Nylander had bad season, got blamed for everything, so I was thinking we can still him

Lol, yeah. No, you can't.

And we don't need to give up assets for yet another winger.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

Shouldn't want Nylander all that bad, he seems to be the guy that derailed their season. The Leafs were playing quite well, and then they were a mid pack team after he came back. He is also overpaid, and I don't see him as the bus driver type, but more a passenger to the bus driver. He definitely has a lot of talent, but I can easily see him being a major target (of hate) player if he doesn't perform well if he came here.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think we might be focusing too much on the extremes with Trouba. It feels like one camp thinks he's practically said he will only play for Detroit, so don't bother giving up anything in a trade and just wait for him to come home, while the other camp feels like the Wings would have to deal for him now, or have no shot later on.

My best guess, just shooting from the hip? I think Trouba is done in Winnipeg, and has a handful of teams that he would prefer to play for, including Detroit, and each team is a different mix of pros and cons.

So the Wings definitely have a shot, but it's neither a done deal nor long odds. Detroit is just one team among the group. The smaller that group, the better, since it will reduce the bidders, but it would still take a quality return to land him. But I think it will play out slowly this summer, maybe until right before free agency.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I think we might be focusing too much on the extremes with Trouba. It feels like one camp thinks he's practically said he will only play for Detroit, so don't bother giving up anything in a trade and just wait for him to come home, while the other camp feels like the Wings would have to deal for him now, or have no shot later on.

My best guess, just shooting from the hip? I think Trouba is done in Winnipeg, and has a handful of teams that he would prefer to play for, including Detroit, and each team is a different mix of pros and cons.

So the Wings definitely have a shot, but it's neither a done deal nor long odds. Detroit is just one team among the group. The smaller that group, the better, since it will reduce the bidders, but it would still take a quality return to land him. But I think it will play out slowly this summer, maybe until right before free agency.

My guess is Trouba has like 5-6 teams he is interested in playing for/signing an extension with and whichever of those teams trades for him this offseason will end up re-signing him.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
My guess is Trouba has like 5-6 teams he is interested in playing for/signing an extension with and whichever of those teams trades for him this offseason will end up re-signing him.

I don't know, everyone thought Karlsson was going to re-up with the Sharks after getting traded, and he hasn't yet. Not saying Karlsson doesn't resign with them, but not having a new contract yet, for someone like him, usually means they want to test UFA waters. Trouba seems like he either has a place set in stone he wants, or my guess is on, he wants to hit UFA so the choice is fully his.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yeah, that's basically it. Every fanbase and team ever wants to trade down and get more assets and their guy. Is there anyone that you'd be motivated to trade up for if you were picking at 12? That's the question to ask when you're considering a move down. Have to have a partner to tango.
Absolutely true that's why I hate when teams do not use EVERY SINGLE SECOND when they are on the clock. (Hi Detroit lions) even if I know who I want I will still wait to possibly get a "godfather offer"

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Because both of those facts are irrelevant if he decides to go anywhere else, or signs long term, or gets signed then traded.

If ANY of those happen then he clearly did not want to play here so who cares...

If he wants to truly play here he will. If it's only about who gives him the most money first than au revoir Trouba.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
If ANY of those happen then he clearly did not want to play here so who cares...

If he wants to truly play here he will. If it's only about who gives him the most money first than au revoir Trouba.
Exactly. Trouba doesn't make us a cup contender I'm willing to wait til 2020 and if he doesn't come who cares. Not giving up a boatload of assets because of impatience and FOMO....

Last edited:
Reactions: dj4aces

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Hopefully Tampa trades us their first in a sweet heart deal to say thanks for the quincy trade.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Hopefully Tampa trades us their first in a sweet heart deal to say thanks for the quincy trade.

They will have a cap problem with Callahan after the Brayden Point extension...

So... Callahan + 1st for ... ?

Lower pick? More effective + cost controlled Darren Helm?

We could take that shitload for 1 year.

Who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad