Speculation: Yzerman's first move.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
For Gator and Glendening you still saying no? Leafs won't take that return obviously but to say No to Nylander without even knowing what the price will be is also very foolish.....

The price for Nylander 100% excludes all players on deals over 4 million AND all young players who are expected to command healthy raises in the next 12 months.

If the leafs trade Nylander it's for picks or high end prospects(zadina type)

Only reason to move him is for cap space and to continue building for down the road

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
The price for Nylander 100% excludes all players on deals over 4 million AND all young players who are expected to command healthy raises in the next 12 months.

If the leafs trade Nylander it's for picks or high end prospects(zadina type)

Only reason to move him is for cap space and to continue building for down the road
They need to get better defensively and team is cup contender

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
My guess would be if they really liked a certain player

Probably the exact reason why any team trades up on the draft floor, no?
Sure, a team COULD fall in love with a guy. But considering so many fans are saying "there's not that big of a difference between 3 and 12, we should trade down", it's unlikely that any teams are that aggressive in trading up. I sure haven't seen any fanbases excited about trading up.

Reactions: lilidk

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Sure, a team COULD fall in love with a guy. But considering so many fans are saying "there's not that big of a difference between 3 and 12, we should trade down", it's unlikely that any teams are that aggressive in trading up. I sure haven't seen any fanbases excited about trading up.

Yeah, that's basically it. Every fanbase and team ever wants to trade down and get more assets and their guy. Is there anyone that you'd be motivated to trade up for if you were picking at 12? That's the question to ask when you're considering a move down. Have to have a partner to tango.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Something innocuous like signing an undrafted CHL player who has little to no fan fare

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
For Gator and Glendening you still saying no? Leafs won't take that return obviously but to say No to Nylander without even knowing what the price will be is also very foolish.....
They just gave him a big contract .. no way they will give up on him so easily and especially not for 3rd-4th liners like Gator or Glendening.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

Have you ever seen a fanbase demanding their GM trade up in the 1st rd before and then that manager do just that?

If not, then not sure what the fanbase on here thinks warrants any consideration...

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
look at some solid prospect that Tampa get :
Palat : 2011 208 overall , got in 2010-2011 season 96 points in 61 games in Q
Point : 2014 79 overall , got in whl in 2013-2014 season 92 points in 72 games
They didn't draft them from nowhere, but they have solid predraft seasons

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
His first move will be drafting a player at sixth overall. I don't expect to see anything happen before that time.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Smaller trade with TB, for a lesser known TB "prospect" that Steve Yzerman is higher on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad