Speculation: Yzerman To Detroit?

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Yzerman is attending the closing ceremony for Joe Louis Arena, probably negotiating his contract with them for next season.

I think there's a pretty good chance he leaves for Detroit in the off season. Lightning rebuild is done, Detroit is in need of help and he's a HOF Red Wing. It sadly makes sense.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Lol no. This is like speculating Espo is going to broadcast for the Rangers instead because he showed up at some alumni event.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Could not decide which one to use to describe my thoughts on this.

zGHQb4O.gif

Vq7G_f-maxage-0.gif

jaguars-fan-cant-believe-it-nfl-fan-gifs.gif

XoYBv.gif

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Stamkos to Toronta as well while we're at it.

For Babcock :sarcasm:

Lol no. This is like speculating Espo is going to broadcast for the Rangers instead because he showed up at some alumni event.

That would be for the Bruins, not the Rangers. He's be more well received back there in Beantown than Manhattan. Chief is going back to Philly to do color there too

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yzerman won't leave till he wins a cup in Tampa with a team he has built since 2010!! He has everything he wants in Tampa right now.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Is their a possibility? Never say never.

Vinik is classy enough that he would probably let Yzerman out if he wanted to go.

Yzerman is too classy to leave before he is finished. I don't think he would do that. He will hoist a cup here...then? Detroit is fair game.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Never say never but the timing makes it rather unlikely. Firstly the Lightning is a top-notch organization that enjoys a great popularity in the Tampa Bay area and beyond. Then would Yzerman leave Tampa when it's time to reap the benefits of his efforts on one hand ? only to go where it will take many years to rebuild a declining franchise ? Last but not least, when people get older, they go to Florida, not Detroit. More seriously, it's coming one day, Yzerman leaving to Detroit makes too much sense, but not today.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Ya'll need to re-watch some of the videos from back in 2010 when Vinik and Yzerman were introduced to us.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Wings fan coming in peace. You guys don't have anything to worry about, at least until Yzerman's contract is up. You guys know the type of man he is from the last six/seven years. He's not gonna jump ship when there is still a job to do.

Once his contract is up, all bets are off. But until said time, we have Holland and you have Stevie Y. We love him just like ya'll love him. We want him home, but he's too principled a dude to skip town to have it happen, particularly to jump ship from a good young team to a rebuilding, old, crappy team.

Emotions were high for one night when our glorious dump of a stadium that he filled with a generation's full of memories was getting closed down. That's it.

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
I do know the Ilitche's asked Yzerman to not sell his Michigan home when he left for Tampa........... Moving into a new arena. Holland's contract is up next season...... Do the math

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad