Yzerman no longer optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
shadoz19 said:
He basically says that he's given up all hope and doesn't see hockey happenning this season. Said he might retire if hockey doesn't start by fall. I realize he's played a long career (longer than most), but this is really starting to **** me off.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/wings/0501/30/D01-74443.htm
He doesn't have to go out like this, he has the power to make a call to Goodenow or Linden, and tell them to make a deal, the best deal they can get for the good of the game and the fans who pay for all this *****...

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
BLONG7 said:
He doesn't have to go out like this, he has the power to make a call to Goodenow or Linden, and tell them to make a deal, the best deal they can get for the good of the game and the fans who pay for all this *****...

Perhaps he already has. I'm sure more than half want to play, instead of holding out for something they may never get in the long run. There's a few who are obviously be very stubborn on both sides and won't relent, no matter who's for it or against it. Frankly, it's now come to a point where this is all about egos and pride, and not the money.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
These types of quotes from various players almost have no meaning to me. He could have said the same thing in October. It's all the same rhetoric we’ve been hearing for months and means very little to me. I'm sorry that I feel so jaded but at this point I am numb to anything except and announcement of a deal or the cancellation of the season.

AdvDave

Jan 27, 2005
This is propaganda.
Rhetoric.
Whatever you want to call it.
Every player knows the cap isn't the reason why there is no deal.
About the only thing I have believed recently from a player is Mario's statements, simply because I could tell he had no ulterior motive in what he said. He didn't point fingers at anyone.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Yes - BS.

Look why he's no longer optimistic... he says its because he thinks the owners would move off the cap.

Lets think about this... the owners have never bluffed on the notion of cost certaincy, so let him go overseas.... he OBVIOUSLY has no idea what's going on with regards to the lockout and nobody should believe what he's saying because of this.

Hemooli

Jan 25, 2005
www.csfbl.com
futurcorerock said:
Yes - BS.

Look why he's no longer optimistic... he says its because he thinks the owners would move off the cap.

Lets think about this... the owners have never bluffed on the notion of cost certaincy, so let him go overseas.... he OBVIOUSLY has no idea what's going on with regards to the lockout and nobody should believe what he's saying because of this.

I agree.

blueliner

Tough Building
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
Yzerman still hopeful season could be saved...

"If you read into what (Bettman) said, it sounds like there is still an opportunity to get things done," Yzerman said. "The principles are there to make a deal, so I still think something can happen in the next day or two, because we're really not that far apart."

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/8201525

perhaps it's just pangs of wishful thinking from a guy who's staring down the barrel of retirement, i personally think it's a lost cause but take it for what it's worth...before anyone gets their hopes up, same article features a more conventional take from Devil John Madden:

"It seems we are as far from getting a deal now as we were in September,"

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
blueliner said:
"If you read into what (Bettman) said, it sounds like there is still an opportunity to get things done," Yzerman said. "The principles are there to make a deal, so I still think something can happen in the next day or two, because we're really not that far apart."
Correct, you are not that far apart.
All you have to do is can Goodenow and accept the league's last offer and maybe they'll listen.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Yzerman...hahah. He thinks killing the season was just a negotiating tactic...

A Good Flying Bird*

RangerBoy said:
It's too late Stevie.It's over bud :(

I think Stevie knows what he's talking about.
He's pretty plugged in with players, media and ownership.

SENSible1*

The only way this happens is if the PA totally caves and throws Goodenow under the bus.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

The players HAVE to be asking themselves some very tough questions this morning and if they look at the answers and realize the best deal they will get is still available you will see some action.

Stevie has to take a harder stance in making the deal happen. He is the kind of leader that could step up, thank Bob for his past service and call for a vote on the owners proposal.

The PA would follow his lead.

Let's hope Steve is up to the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->