Yzerman Grilling Prospects at the Draft: So I Heard You Smoke Weed

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Players are so coached up and rehearsed in interviews these days that you need to try and shock them out of their canned ready responses to get a more real conversation.

One reason I suspect Yzerman liked Seider is that the kid seems so comfortable in his own skin and who he is. That he played in a grown men's league and took a lesser role and didn't have to be alpha leader.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Why? Seider is very mature and laid back. I doubt there were any "spicy" things said. German people are not very passionate about talking about themselves.
Becuase Seider is very personable and it would probably be entertaining despite not having any "spicy" moments.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Christien

May 1, 2010
Why? Seider is very mature and laid back. I doubt there were any "spicy" things said. German people are not very passionate about talking about themselves.
Why? Because he's a funny mfer and would make for a pretty entertaining interview

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
These interviews are done prior to the draft lottery.

Err, no. The combine is after the lottery. But the interviews have to be scheduled beforehand (which is why multiple teams will end up interviewing the consensus number 1 pick).

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
You guys know Yzerman was messing with him...right?

Dach even says in the interview that Yzerman said at the end "Ya I know you don't, I'm just f***ing with ya"

This is a perfect example of the problem of edited quotes.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
How Steve Yzerman 'Grilled' Draft Prospect: ‘So I Heard You Smoke Weed'
"I sit down, I’m like, ‘Nice to meet you' -- hockey legend so I’m being respectful," Dach said. "(He) sits down, ‘So I heard you smoke weed.’"

Yzerman has no chill.

upload_2019-11-9_6-35-0.jpeg

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad