Yzerman/Forsberg vs. Sakic/Fedorov

Imagine all these players at their peaks and healthy, which duo would you take for a playoff run?

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Tbh i think at their peak for a playoff run give me both Col players first. I prefer Sakic to Forsberg in this context - but also have Yzerman 3rd so this is tough

Probably pick Sakic because i like him most.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Yzerman was consistently better than Fedorov during their careers. While Fedorov had one great peak season, Yzerman’s peak season is the highest scoring of all time outside of Gretzky and Lemieux.

Forsberg and Sakic were neck in neck their entire careers, with many feeling Forsberg was slightly better at their respective peaks.

For me it’s Yzerman and Forsberg.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yzerman was consistently better than Fedorov during their careers. While Fedorov had one great peak season, Yzerman’s peak season is the highest scoring of all time outside of Gretzky and Lemieux.

Forsberg and Sakic were neck in neck their entire careers, with many feeling Forsberg was slightly better at their respective peaks.

For me it’s Yzerman and Forsberg.

I also picked Yzerman and Forsberg but I'm pretty sure Fedorov actually outscored Yzerman more often than not during their time together and was also even better defensively for the most part. Yzerman's offensive prime was basically ending once Fedorov peaked though. I also believe his 155 point season was largely a product of the era, but still a great one, just not sure if it was any better than Fedorov's 1994. Realistically though I would choose any combination of Forsberg and whoever else here if they were all at their peaks, he's the only one who I feel was clearly better than the rest at their best.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I also picked Yzerman and Forsberg but I'm pretty sure Fedorov actually outscored Yzerman more often than not during their time together and was also even better defensively for the most part. Yzerman's offensive prime was basically ending once Fedorov peaked though. I also believe his 155 point season was largely a product of the era, but still a great one, just not sure if it was any better than Fedorov's 1994. Realistically though I would choose any combination of Forsberg and whoever else here if they were all at their peaks, he's the only one who I feel was clearly better than the rest at their best.

Fedorov outscored Yzerman in his peak from '94-'96, then again from '01-'03, but he only had a better PPG during those peak years and in '03. So outscored him in 6 of 13 years and had a better PPG in only 4 of 13

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Whenever there's a Yzerman/Sakic poll Yzerman always loses, but I always vote for Yzerman.
I'm a huge Federov fan, but I take Forsberg over Federov so I guess you know where my vote goes.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Fedorov outscored Yzerman in his peak from '94-'96, then again from '01-'03, but he only had a better PPG during those peak years and in '03. So outscored him in 6 of 13 years and had a better PPG in only 4 of 13

Someone here recently must've had a false post then, or maybe it was just playoffs where he outscored him more.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Fedorov played many games as a defenceman in 97, 01, and 02 though.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
In part because he wasn't producing as a forward

In 97 Fedorov played as a defenceman because Detroit was 0-3 against the Avs and Bowman wanted to switch things up last minute for that famous March game against Colorado. Detroit won, Fedorov has two points as a D so Bowman kept him there until partway through round 1 of the playoffs.

In 2002 there was no official reason given but Detroit hit a losing skid and Fedorov (who had played at the all-star game) spoke his mind about how the team had gone off the rails “like against LA last playoffs” and Bowman punished him for it by moving him to D for a month.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
This is Yzerman/Forsberg to me IMO. Sakic and Yzerman are a wash while Forsberg's the best of the bunch with Federov barely behind the other 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad