News Article: Yzerman fires longtime scout Merkosky, hires his own brohter

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Dramatic headline, no one on the pro scouting side of things should be comfortable right now - they've been making bad decisions for years now
Just to clarify, the scouts make the recommendations, but it is the GM that makes the decision.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
It's weird tho, because our pro scouting at the AHL level has been excellent for a while now.

I wasn't overly impressed with some of the pickups last offseason but they always seem to find good quality veterans that mesh well with the team.

I know Ryan Martin runs that team for the most part. Do we have pro scouts specifically for the Griffins? Or how does that work?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
nah you just misread it

they were saying that Washington is one of the best

as for Vegas the Tatar trades(both of them) aren't pretty but they did essentially build their entire team from scratch via pro scouting with the expansion draft

I mean, that's really not at all fair.

Vegas had a clearly defined list of players that they could take. They had some clearly good players that they got for the sole reason of taking on bad money which they could afford because they literally had no existing commitments and they had other teams falling over themselves to deal Joanthan Marchessault to be rid of Reilly Smith. I would say the fact that they're rammed directly up against the salary cap and having to shed money for nothing two years after coming into existence is a terrible indicator of their abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->