Yzerman candidate for Flyers GM job

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Would help to include the link you found the story from.

Report: Red Wings great Steve Yzerman a candidate for Flyers GM job

Detroit Red Wings legend Steve Yzerman is a candidate to become the next general manager of the Philadelphia Flyers.

The Flyers, however, don’t think they have much of a chance to lure Yzerman to Philadelphia.

"I spent some time in Detroit, and I know Yzerman a little bit," Dave Scott, CEO of the Flyers' parent company, Comcast Spectacor, told Philly.com. "My sense is he's pretty committed to someday getting back to Detroit. I think his family is still there. He really put roots down there, and (Red Wings GM) Kenny Holland is getting to a point in his life he's probably going to do different things someday."

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yzerman is a candidate for any available GM job. Why would he leave Tampa to go to Philly?Makes no sense. Because it will never happen. Unless Philly gives him 100M deal. It's Detroit or nothing.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think I'll file this article under:

x0som.jpg

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Hire me then I will appoint all of you as advisors. We will run polls and discuss here on our subforum. We will build a ****ing dynasty.
I will pitch into a Kickstarter for this. Only 55% kidding.

Wondering if "wisdom of the crowd" could work in a general manager setting.

Reactions: Bench and mantha39

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I will pitch into a Kickstarter for this. Only 55% kidding.

Wondering if "wisdom of the crowd" could work in a general manager setting.
I think it could work very well in the facets of brainstorming and troubleshooting, since multiple (engaged) opinions in those areas are almost always a win. But other aspects of the job are inherently best managed by a single decisive voice - media relations, representation amongst other GMs, etc. - and groupthink would suffer there.

Fun to ponder, though.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
If he takes a job in Philly, then it tells me that his departure from TB was a personal one, and it's not to be closer to his family, but rather be away from TB.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Reactions: Syckle78

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
I doubt it happens considering the circumstances but I'll probably cry if he goes anywhere but Detroit

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
(insert your favorite supermodel here) is a candiate to be my next wife.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Am I the only Wings fan that wouldn't lose sleep if Yzerman did actually become GM of a team other than the Red Wings?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Am I the only Wings fan that wouldn't lose sleep if Yzerman did actually become GM of a team other than the Red Wings?

I mean, I'd be disappointed. Yzerman not only is one of our most legendary players, but he has created a Cup contender in Tampa. Even if you take out his Detroit status, he's still one of the most qualified GMs in the business.

So he's not the only one who could help this team, but it's also hard to imagine a better fit.

Reactions: avssuc

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
{ring ring - ring ring}

Stevie Y - 'Hello...Yzerman residence'.

Holmgren - 'Hello Steve...This is Paul Holmgren of the Phil'.

CLICK

Holmgren - 'Hello?..Hello?..Steve you there?'..

Reactions: Henkka

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Problem is Yzerman is a class act and would never consider taking Holland’s job unless he was 100 percent okay with stepping down. Pretty sure this has been planned and Yzerman will take over in Detroit though but whenever that is who knows

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
No, you're not.

It's intriguing to have him come back but there's also something to be said for him preserving his legacy as a player and not coming back here to try and deal with this dumpster fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->