Youtube yourself.

Selanne08*

Everyone on hfboards seems to play so lets get some youtube videos put up here. Get a friend or parents to tape like a minute of you playing.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com

I have ONE lamey short 21 second video I shot with a digital regular camera that shot avi by sitting it on a kitchen chair I brought out to my backyard rink. I make a rink every year weather permitting.

Okay the video needs a setup ... I had a nice big rink in the backyard that usually looks like this ....

l_47ef3ab8db1c58f5a9d04b66442e240b.jpg

And I am here using it like this ...

l_ded66b7a7b6e063bfc5e8eb455b19bad.jpg

Ummm I put the digital camera on a puck for an ice level shot :laugh:

l_3283c9824085dffc36ef16bdbb30592c.jpg

Now why does the video need a setup? Well because I shot it just after doing a quick repair when we had 2 60 degree (Fahrenheit) days of heavy rain which washed the rink away AND 70 mph winds that ripped up my huge sheet of poly which ripped it to all unholy heck.

So this was a quick repair job to give me a bowling alley sized lane to shoot pucks in for practice basically. Living in Maine is good in the winter but sometimes that southern flow brings rain from down south and warm weather which makes outdoor rinks a difficult task to maintain sometimes.

But this video is THE ONLY one I have of me doing anything at all ... I want to get game footage from the team I play for but I own an analog VHS video camera .... I know right ... SUPER LAME-O!

Last edited:

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
ahh man to have a rink in my backyard would be awesome...i'd actually consider moving to Minnesota or or Michigan or somewhere up north to be able to have something like that.

Short vid but looks like your a good skater and your comfortable with your stick so i can tell your probably pretty good on a full sheet of ice (as you should be with a rink in your backyard!;))

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
ahh man to have a rink in my backyard would be awesome...i'd actually consider moving to Minnesota or or Michigan or somewhere up north to be able to have something like that.

Short vid but looks like your a good skater and your comfortable with your stick so i can tell your probably pretty good on a full sheet of ice (as you should be with a rink in your backyard!;))

You're in Cali huh, maybe some mountain area in nortern Cali can support ice in the winter? I was thinking about starting a website for home made rinks and have people contribute and offer ice time to people where they live for pickup games and stuff. It would be cool if someone in a Cali mountain area had a frozen lake and you hooked up with them for a couple of roadtrips in the winter time from your warm climate.

Yeah a backyard rink is nice ... I'm 40 soon to be 41 too (I've slowed a little bit with age) and am 6ft 4 235lbs and kinda have a lumbering style of skating like a Lucic maybe or whatever. Not a pretty skater but I get the job done I guess.

I just lost 35lbs too so the video of me is 35 lbs heavier than I am now so I am a little quicker these days. In that video I am almost or about 270 lbs.

I like the videos posted above by VivianMB ... I need to get some game footage with the team I play with.

Last edited:

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
im in southern cali and i live about 30min away from probably the best ski and snowboard spots here and its still gets way to warm in the winter. Sometimes, when we're having long cold spells it'll stay cool enough but those dont last very long.

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
You're in Cali huh, maybe some mountain area in nortern Cali can support ice in the winter? I was thinking about starting a website for home made rinks and have people contribute and offer ice time to people where they live for pickup games and stuff. It would be cool if someone in a Cali mountain area had a frozen lake and you hooked up with them for a couple of roadtrips in the winter time from your warm climate.

Yeah a backyard rink is nice ... I'm 40 soon to be 41 too (I've slowed a little bit with age) and am 6ft 4 235lbs and kinda have a lumbering style of skating like a Lucic maybe or whatever. Not a pretty skater but I get the job done I guess.

I just lost 35lbs too so the video of me is 35 lbs heavier than I am now so I am a little quicker these days. In that video I am almost or about 270 lbs.

I like the videos posted above by VivianMB ... I need to get some game footage with the team I play with.

way to go Hockeyfan 68!i LIKE the rink. i will post my rink later.

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
and here's last years in winnipeg.(natural ice,no liner) we didn't do one this year because i discovered that i can bring the kids to the local park four blocks away that has THREE outdoor rinks. all their friends go there. so it was easier.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
here's the one we had when we lived in connecticut(before filling it).

Dude that rules it! I use a garden hose too, takes a long time though with that. I wish I had a fire hose on the hydrant on the street.

nice job ... that other picture with the kids playing is awesome.

I play at other outdoor rinks too a lot .... the home one is for practice and the others are for pickup games.

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
thanks.
yeah i don't have the time anymore to tend to a rink . the one in connecticut was made with a liner. the one in winnipeg was ntural. ..much harder to maintain. thus we just go up the block now.

UserName

Jul 4, 2003
Visit site

This is just some footage of myself at various stick and pucks. Just fooling around hence the lack of equipment and relaxed atmosphere.

Started playing ice hockey when i was almost 18. Have been playing for almost 3 years and I'm still improving :D

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com

This is just some footage of myself at various stick and pucks. Just fooling around hence the lack of equipment and relaxed atmosphere.

Started playing ice hockey when i was almost 18. Have been playing for almost 3 years and I'm still improving :D

Hmmm you can't play anywhere here in Maine without a helmet. I thought it was odd to see someone playing without a helmet indoors.

Cool video in any case :)

The Kult

Dec 15, 2008
Colorado
Hmmm you can't play anywhere here in Maine without a helmet. I thought it was odd to see someone playing without a helmet indoors.

Cool video in any case :)

Helmet? Hell you have to have pretty much full pads for stick n puck here, except maybe shoulder pads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->