Youth movement out in full force for Carolina Hurricanes

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
</p>
brett_pesce_carolina_112015.jpg
Photo: Brett Pesce is tied for fifth in rookie scoring among NHL defencmen, with 15 points in 59 games. (Courtesy of Ben McKeown/Icon Sportswire)

</p> The Carolina Hurricanes have surprisingly stayed in the playoff hunt into March, a feat that would have been impossible without the contributions of several rookies who have performed beyond expectations for a franchise in the midst of a rebuild.

Much of the team’s success has been due to a youthful infusion on defense, led by three just-out-college first-year players who have gone above and beyond in their first professional season, and a forward who impressively carved out a spot in Carolina’s top nine.… read more

The post Youth movement out in full force for Carolina Hurricanes appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It's been great to see the young guys play well this season. Gives us all something to look forward too next season.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I probably like Di Giuseppe more than most. I know he's limited but he's got a lot of early-career Andrew Ladd in him. Glad to see him get a shout out here.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I probably like Di Giuseppe more than most. I know he's limited but he's got a lot of early-career Andrew Ladd in him. Glad to see him get a shout out here.

I'm also a PDG fan. I think he's a lot more skilled than most give he credit for. He does seem to take about 2 or 3 games to get the pulse of his linemates. But once he does he seems to click with just about anybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->