Youth Competitions

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Germany looks pretty suspect defensively though. Italy have been coming more into the game and you can't really say that goal was undeserved, despite the deflection.

Neither of these teams looks particularly strong though. I'm gonna probably switch to the Portugal game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wow, Portugal lost to Hungary which is a little surprising. Italy ended up beating Germany 3-1...but not as surprising since they were growing into the game when I switched and Germany didn't look particularly good.

Reactions: John Pedro

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Netherlands vs. England off to a fast start...1-1 already, but I can't find the video so I'm pretty annoyed.

EDIT: Seems like a crazy game so far...Netherlands go into the half with a 3-2 lead thanks to a late goal from Hansen. England have scored off a corner and a penalty.

Just looking at the line-up, without seeing the game, I think Netherlands need to bring on Salah-Eddine and move Maatsen back to the DM role as they looked really good that way against Sweden.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
The game is not streamed at all. Seems like UEFA only does two a day.

Maatsen is a pure LB. He only played DM because Oranje is stacked on defense and are a rather thin at DM. I thought he looked limited there vs Sweden. I'm pretty surprised they've given up two goals, even though both were from set pieces.

EDIT: Salah-Eddine has come on now in and they are playing in the same formation as they were playing with vs Sweden.
EDIT II: 5-2 now. Brobbey (2x), Unuvar, Bannis and Hansen with the goals.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Maybe coaches are starting to follow me on here. First Klopp with Wijnaldum up front and now the u17s taking my advice to switch around. :P

Yeah, turning into a romp which is more what I expected after watching the two teams on opening day. Still wish they streamed this one. :(

Also I thought Maatsen did well as the DM against Sweden. Nothing special, but composed, made the right moves without doing too much (though he did have one really nice dribble through like 2-3 players in the offensive end) and has a good long range shot (which led to Bannis' goal in this one as well I think).

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Oranje already resting some key players (Unuvar, Taylor). Pretty much dominating England:

Hansen nearly tightened the screw there, a deflection taking the ball over from point-blank range. England now looking more to limit the damage than to find a route back in against a lethal Dutch team.

Brobbey could and perhaps should have added a sixth. The Netherlands are not settling just for five here.

I'll think they will rest key players vs France as well, as Oranje is through to the knock out rounds now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Oranje already resting some key players (Unuvar, Taylor). Pretty much dominating England:

I'll think they will rest key players vs France as well, as Oranje is through to the knock out rounds now.
I was hoping they wouldn't; that game could be really good. I was coming here to post that it sounds like since a little bit into the 2nd half they've been all over England.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Rutter finally gets one.

It's been one way traffic in the 2nd half. France clearly a class above Sweden. Surprised they scored 2 at all.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Netherlands vs. France in the u17 Euro today. Unfortunately we won't see a full strength game as the Netherlands are resting most of their key players as they have already qualified for the knockouts, but France have it all to play for because of their draw with England.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I told Curt that Aouchiche should have started when France was down 1-0 against England. Turns out he scored the tying goal in the second half, scored 3 on Sweden in the second game and scored in the first minute of this one.
He's a midfielder too. 5 goals in less than 180 minutes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
2-0 after 10 minutes. France on their way to win the group.
Would have liked to see Oranje field a full strength team for this reason, but I understand wanting the rest as well (personally I think momentum is better without the rest but it is a short period tournament).

Also why are they not showing this game also? What a weird choice of streams from their channel. Both Netherlands vs. England and Netherlands vs. France not televised when they're two of the bigger games in the group stages.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Knockout round is set now.

France vs. Czech Republic, Netherlands vs. Belgium, Italy vs. Portugal and Spain vs. Hungary.

Some interesting match ups. France and Netherlands looked the two best teams in the group stages, but Italy is interesting and Hungary won all of its games.

Portugal and Belgium have some pretty bright talents (Doku and Brazao specifically) and could really cause problems. Italy has done a really good job with its countering style. Pretty open tournament as expected at this level.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France leading Czech Republic 2-0 at halftime in the QF.
Aouchiche scored his 6th goal in 4 games. Millot with the other.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aouchiche has just scored another hattrick. He has 8 goals in 4 games, and in fact 3 games and a few minutes since he didn't start the first game.
And he's not even a striker, he's a midfielder.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I might have to change my first priority bid from the other frenchman we discussed. :P

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
But we have an agreement! :o

That said finally got around to watching the Netherlands vs. Belgium game. Completely dominant from the Oranje; two incredibly nice goals from Salah-Eddine and Hoever, but they could have easily scored 2 or 3 more (Brobbey and Hansen both missed some pretty 'easy' chances).

It's too bad that France and Holland will have to meet before the final as I think they're pretty easily the two best teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad