Youth Competitions

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax was absolutely demolished by Bayern. Only finished 1-3, but it could’ve been 1-8.

Not sure about their chances anymore. Their roster is just too inconsistent. Players move up or down way too often.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Anyone have odds for the UEFA youth CL favorites? Who are considered favorites going into the R of 16?
It's too hard at this level. The teams are so inconsistent; even the ones with top talents. On top of this they often have changed teams because of different obligations, call-ups, etc.

If you go by the group stages though I'd say Liverpool, PSG, Real Madrid and Ajax (depending on line-up) are the 4 with the most potential to win.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Monaco has immense potential too. Most of the team was on the bench or even on the pitch for Monaco because they had 15 injured players on the main team.
But they'll go back to the youth team now.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As mentioned by @Ajacied the u17 Euro started today. Belgium drew the Czechs and Netherlands play Sweden soon.

Is Kenneth Taylor still injured? Couldn't find the info. Missing Ihattaren and Gravenberch will be too bad or I'd say they could win again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm kind of surprised that Moukoko is not with Germany.

I'd be interested to see a top 10 list of 2000 or later born prospects. I have to imagine he's considered the best at this point.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Also, the fact that Xavi Simons isn't with the Oranje U17 squad worries me. He's either not been good enough or there’s something brewing regarding his double nationality.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also, the fact that Xavi Simons isn't with the Oranje U17 squad worries me. He's either not been good enough or there something's brewing regarding his double nationality.
Honestly from what I've seen of him I would question whether he actually has the elite potential he's been hyped up to have. I've only seen a couple of full games, and highlights, but there are definitely some questions there. He doesn't stand out the same way that Moukoko, Unuvar or say Cherki do against their peers. Obviously still a lot of time to go though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
First half all Netherlands. Unuvar with a nice touch and turn to slot Brobbey in and Maatsen with a nice goal from outside the box.

Also have to think if Unuvar had stayed on instead of Bannis it would be 3 or 4 - 0.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Bannis has been pretty dreadful since he came on. Taabouni is the best player on the pitch, IMO. I like Rensch once again as well.

Sweden might not get a point this tournament.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hansen was pretty quiet. Rensch, Taylor and Salah-Eddine stood out to me. Thought Maatsen did really well in the DM role also.

England vs. France should be an entertaining match.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That was a nice little dive by the English defender to prevent a dangerous French attack.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So first half thoughts...France should feel pretty hard done by. The reffing has been very one sided in favour of England. Madueke looks the only dangerous English player, and was the most dangerous player on the pitch by a decent margin, but England should be feeling pretty happy to be ahead at the half. Agoume looks great in midfield and Rutter looks very talented but a little too selfish in the first half.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Deserved tying goal, but the french starting XI was all wrong. Team finally showed control once Aouchiche came on. And he tied the game. Now Lihadji comes in, hopefully to win it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah...2nd half was all France; they should have won probably 3 or 4 - 1, but lacked the finish. I can't see England posing a threat to the Netherlands in this group...they only have one dangerous player and he looks injured now, but you never know with youth games.

2nd half France worries me though that would be a really good game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
First half was pretty bad, with France being slightly better but down after a laughable penalty.
Second half was all France. They should have scored 3 or 4 goals. England nowhere to be seen in that second half. Difference was the bad team selection by the french coach. He adjusted too late. Had they started with the good XI, this wouldn't have been a contest.
Anyway, that's too bad because England is going to lose some games in this group and France might have to beat Sweden and get at least a draw against Holland, depending on the other results.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Mhm...Italy looks pretty listless. Spain destroyed Austria 3-0.

Maximilian Beier looks interesting so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad