Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Would have liked to have seen

Richter - Waldschimdt - Oztunali
Dahoud - Amiri
Maier/Egge
Henrichs - Anton - Tah - Klostermann
Nübel
With JoJo/Nmecha coming on for Oztunali after 60-ish minutes of leading our press & running like he's never run before. The risk may have been higher but we would have been much better set up to push spain off with our own ball-control & possession and to pressure them.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The spanish player tried to turn away and he wasn't the last man back. It was a deserved yellow, but a red would've been harsh.
Players can't go in that high, studs first, with force and go through an opposing player. It is an extremely dangerous challenge. If the German players foot is planted at the time of impact then there is a good chance that does very serious damage.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention because it didn't look that bad on the first replay :dunno:

E:
It is worse than I thought, still would've felt like a red was harsh

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Really feel for these kids and wish Kuntz had put them in a better position to succeed, but that was a deserved win for Spain.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
How the hell did he end up in Croatia of all places, as much as I can’t stabd them credit to Dinamo in getting him from Barcelona

His father was pretty savvy. He saw that he wouldn't get enough playing time in Barca and sent him here. They were patient, let him pay his dues in youth club and then gradually promoted him to the 1st team. I wish our "wunderkinds" would do the same, and not run towards money first chance they get, I'm looking at you Alen.

As for Dinamo's youth school, given their budget and talent pool, better schools are few ad far between. I hope more kids like Olmo follow his example.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
My favourite youth competition, the U19 Euro, is starting today.
Here is the calendar :

14 juillet
- Arménie – Espagne (16h45)
- Italie – Portugal (19h)

15 juillet
- Norvège – Irlande (16h45)
- République Tchèque – France (19h)

17 juillet
- Portugal – Espagne (16h45)
- Arménie – Italie (19h)

18 juillet
- République Tchèque – Norvège (16h45)
- Irlande – France (19h)

20 juillet
- Espagne – Italie (19h)
- Portugal – Arménie (19h)

21 juillet
- France – Norvège (19h)
- Irlande – République Tchèque (19h)

Mercredi 24 juillet
Demi-finales (16h et 19h)

Samedi 27 juillet
Finale (18h30)

I consider this competition as the more telling because many of these players are very close to stardom, but not there yet.

France will have a decent team, with a few highlights on each line :
On defense Badiashile, who's now starting for Monaco is a stud.
In midfield, Claudio Gomes is really good, but Maxence Caqueret has all the making of a class superstar midfielder. If you can catch a game with him playing, focus on him. Passing, tackling, positionning, he has it all.
Up front, Charles Abi should be the most dangerous french player.

Also keep an eye on Ferran Torres and Felix Correira.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I didn't see the official French squad at the UEFA website, is it out yet? Don't know many of the players, but Spain does seem to have some well-known players. Also Inter just agreed to pay 9 Mil € for Eddie Salcedo, interesting to see how he does here for Italy.

Edit: Ah, I see it's there now.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
LOL, looking at the Norway squad, they have named only two defenders. Either they are trying to fool their opponents or we can expect some extraordinary tactics.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Norway has one excellent defenseman from City whose name escapes me though. So maybe he's Captain Tsubasa stuff and can do it all by himself :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
After a clear and easy win against Czech Republic (3-0), France is up against Ireland right now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
France through after a 1-0 win. They were easily the best team but had trouble scoring that goal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
3 wins out of 3. Unconvincing 1-0 over Norway with the backups mostly.
France-Spain and Portugal-Ireland will be the semis. Ireland seems frankly not at the required level. Other 3 can win the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->