Youth Competitions

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ups & downs. Though he enjoyed more ups than downs as compared to Geiger...who really had an unfortunate season with health & performances. Can't really complain too much with Maier; as his growing pains haven't been hideous and I don't think Hertha's style of play benefits him nearly as much as our NT should. But I started going back to school, so haven't watched nearly as much non-Eiserne or BMG football this past season.

I don't think I've ever seen Richter play in possession prior to his appearance on the U21s...and Oztunali's brainlessness always helps make our other attackers look much more clever...so I just don't know what to make of Richter at this tourney at all, even if he has a phenomenal showing :laugh:

The thing with JoJo is that he's done quite well as a joker for Werder. So I think he could make a big impact off of the bench whenever we stumble in one of these group games...as we inevitably will with this front 3. So if that happens in the next match, I would expect him to start the third one.

Can't blame the coach sticking with Waldschmidt and Richter the way they're scoring now, already 3-0 up.

Reactions: cgf

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Wan-Bissaka benched, Boothroyd thinks he's distracted by his potential United move. Foden also on the bench, must have a knock because it doesn't make sense otherwise. Dowell, usually an AM, in for Choudhury. Kenny, Mount, Barnes and Calvert-Lewin start.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
0-0 ht. Romania look dangerous on the counter. They've had the best chances, one off the post and a couple saved by Henderson. England had more of the ball but taking mostly long shots.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
England were on the brink of elimination, as Hagi skillfully scored, but England hit back immediately.

And then Henderson fumbles one in.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
4-2 Romania. All the goals in the last 15 minutes. 4 in the last 5 minutes. Crazy ending. England hitting the bar. Draw would've been fair but either team could've won. Mistakes from Tomori and Henderson leading to goals. Silly tackle in the box by Kenny although it was well sold by the Romanian. Great strikes by Gray and Coman. Boothroyd is a terrible coach. Not sure how Abraham didn't start either game.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
French U21 NT will see changes in its lineup for the next game after a somewhat disappointing game against England (even with the 3 points).
Bamba of course is out for the tournament afte rhe got butchered in the box. Thuram will replace him in the lineup.
Also out will be Aouar who was really not good and Ballo Toure who suffered defensively. Ntcham and Malang Sarr will take their place.

Has Sarr played much as a left back, interesting to see him there. I also don't see Ntcham really as forward, so I wonder how France will eventually set up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah he has played LB, but I can't say he's convinced me there.

Dembele opens the scoring.
Ntcham replaces Aouar in midfield.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
There's also the older Belgian guy, who plays in China or whatever. I would think it would be wise to pick up a distinctive name once you look like making it to the big leagues. Same with the Brazilian names, much better to be known as Robert Firmino, than dozens of Diegos, Juans, Fabios, Lucas, Freds, Luis or Oscars.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
6 goals in under 20 minutes? I need to find the video. Is it like that game where both teams were firing it into their own nets?

The defending certainly grew...lackadaisical towards the end, but it was a fun match that deserved a 1-1 tie heading into half time, and could've easily been 2-2 before the goals actually started falling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad