You're John Davidson -- Do you back up the NYR statement to NHL or distance yourself?

?

• I agree with the statement and its condemnation of Parros

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • I distance myself from statement, breaking company ranks

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
If you don’t agree with your boss on this sort of issue, and he happens to be the owner, you’re not going to make it much further in the organization.

If I’m the president of the team I would stand up with the owner. Otherwise what are the values he is upholding?

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
If I want to keep my job, yes. If this is true, he had to know it would not go over well. You back up the organization that is paying your bills.

I like Davidson, and think the punishment is excessive. But, I can see why Dolan would be angry here.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
If you don’t agree with your boss on this sort of issue, and he happens to be the owner, you’re not going to make it much further in the organization.

If I’m the president of the team I would stand up with the owner. Otherwise what are the values he is upholding?
That's the funny part, isn't it. Gorton and Davidson "scurried" to distance themselves but it was never clarified exactly what they were distancing themselves from.

Were they distancing themselves from criticism of the NHL, criticism of Parros or were they distancing themselves from defense of their star player? Not a good look in any scenario.

Last edited:

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Wasnt Davidson fired for backing up Gorton ?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It came from over his head and supposedly he said that he wasn't aware of it until it was released. Since it's normally his job to speak for the team, my first thought was that he was simply clarifying to people that he didn't write it. That could just be the literal truth and he agrees with the substance of the letter. Or maybe he was actually more eager to make sure everyone knew he wasn't involved, which I'd agree is a bad look. We can't tell yet from the info we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad