• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
Like this super janky version?
Yellow background on the troll faces...and maybe rotate the 2nd one to face the other way just for something different (or so they’re sorta...ya know...back to back)?

Then, instead of JR after three (sorry), I would like the Penguin/3elive frame that Ugene Malkin has. There could probably be two versions—one with the gif, and one that’s static for those who don’t like the movement. And then a cup logo frame, unless that’s too long. I’d be worried about leaving that last frame out and messing with tradition, though ;) .

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Things are not finalized and you might have loaded the wrong one. You can steal it directly from my avatar if that's the one. It works, obviously.

I'd still wait for final confirmation of final decisions from vote or Cole/Degen.

This one I 3elieve. Yes. I checked. I have so many loaded up I forgot which one.
152319095562340858_zpsw2na4nsn.gif

This is pretty damn good.

Extra ones could be added in if needed, with the Troll face and something before it?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
FYI - DegenX got the official info from our admin:

I asked about this the other day. Per Sniper ...

The software will downscale any graphic to 96 x 96 regardless of the dimension you upload.
File size is quite a bit bigger though ... Moderator/Golden Parachute/Sponsor is 102KB and the limit for Regular Posters is 51KB.

I haven't played around with it yet. He also said if it can't downscale it should throw an error message. Basically, less real estate but more content, or, if you prefer, think of it as less space for text but more frames and/or colors.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yellow background on the troll faces...and maybe rotate the 2nd one to face the other way just for something different (or so they’re sorta...ya know...back to back)?

Then, instead of JR after three (sorry), I would like the Penguin/3elive frame that Ugene Malkin has. There could probably be two versions—one with the gif, and one that’s static for those who don’t like the movement. And then a cup logo frame, unless that’s too long. I’d be worried about leaving that last frame out and messing with tradition, though ;) .

Fun fact. The JR one wasn’t supposed to be in there.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Smug Sullivan after the look who’s counting and that would be perfect!

I'm so beyond any smugness. I really couldn't stand it back when DB was here, and now it's surfaced for a guy who brought more to the table. I just don't get it. Especially this time around. The issues are letting guys go, injuries, and not replacing them, plus playing so much hockey, but they did keep everyone for the two runs.

This is just starting a new cycle of retooling.

I'm giving in on the 3blieve because it looks like it can really be a nice add to the subject matter, but smug Sully doesn't fit. Smug/believe don't mix well. If anything, it'll confuse everyone.

Do you believe or are you mad?

Sully didn't have many options, and in a serious way on D he still doesn't. I'm not faulting Sully for not being able to replace guys sooner. That's on JR.

If the Pens fail it's because they forgot to build from the goal out first. Chicago won their final cup on the back of a top 3 D-corps. Doesn't mean the Pens should try it.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
FYI - DegenX got the official info from our admin:

I asked about this the other day. Per Sniper ...

The software will downscale any graphic to 96 x 96 regardless of the dimension you upload.
File size is quite a bit bigger though ... Moderator/Golden Parachute/Sponsor is 102KB and the limit for Regular Posters is 51KB.

I haven't played around with it yet. He also said if it can't downscale it should throw an error message. Basically, less real estate but more content, or, if you prefer, think of it as less space for text but more frames and/or colors.

So it doesn't matter the individual on graphic size, everyone is 96x96. How much more do you really need file size wise? Before, Mods/Sponsers had 50KB with not an issue. 102kb is just overkill.

They should have been able to support the old 125x125 for everyone.

Last edited:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I'm so beyond any smugness. I really couldn't stand it back when DB was here, and now it's surfaced for a guy who brought more to the table. I just don't get it. Especially this time around. The issues are letting guys go, injuries, and not replacing them, plus playing so much hockey, but they did keep everyone for the two runs.

This is just starting a new cycle of retooling.

I'm giving in on the 3blieve because it looks like it can really be a nice add to the subject matter, but smug Sully doesn't fit. Smug/believe don't mix well. If anything, it'll confuse everyone.

Do you believe or are you mad?

Sully didn't have many options, and in a serious way on D he still doesn't. I'm not faulting Sully for not being able to replace guys sooner. That's on JR.

If the Pens fail it's because they forgot to build from the goal out first. Chicago won their final cup on the back of a top 3 D-corps. Doesn't mean the Pens should try it.

And I'm so beyond cheesy slogans like 3elieve that were cooked up in a boardroom. Smug Sullivan is the perfect final frame for that avatar. Bonus points if his eyes start glowing.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
What about the original count pictures (minus the Ah Ha! frames), and then the above without the count? It just seems like a kinda weird throw-in on the last frame here.
I didn't do that one 'cause Degenx is working on something.

The Count Drac frame is the 1st frame.

I combined two different ideas, and for the cup lifting portions take up 4 frames for each number.

Not enough file size.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Yeah, so this is the modified mock up.

wqku4V2.gif

Yellow background behind Sullivan, Sullivan2 is flipped, borders added to Sullivan, 3ELIEVE at the end.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

wqku4V2.gif

Yellow background behind Sullivan, Sullivan2 is flipped, borders added to Sullivan, 3ELIEVE at the end.

I think I love it. If it moved slightly faster, we'd be in business. If we want some personalized, we can add a slide like "Volek says no" or something like that. For those who just want a general one, we can just put the believe symbol there.

EvGeno

Looks like a basketball player!
Jul 11, 2009
Phoenix via Pgh
I didn't do that one 'cause Degenx is working on something.

The Count Drac frame is the 1st frame.

I combined two different ideas, and for the cup lifting portions take up 4 frames for each number.

Not enough file size.
Hmm. Can you take still pictures from the gif? Arms down, and Cup up? Then you could use those (1up, 2down, 3up)...not that I know how any of this photoshop stuff works, haha

wqku4V2.gif

I like it, but why is the last picture blurry?
We could also have the Cup logo instead of a personalized frame… Like I said, I don’t know that we should be changing our traditional way of doing things ;).
I was also thinking it would be funny if the troll face popped up from the bottom on a last Cup logo slide (instead of being on the frames before that…then those who don’t want to be smug don’t have to use it). Isn’t that what we did with Kunitz’s face last year?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think I love it. If it moved slightly faster, we'd be in business. If we want some personalized, we can add a slide like "Volek says no" or something like that. For those who just want a general one, we can just put the believe symbol there.

Weird, that was the speed I liked when I was playing around. So the earlier one was 3000 milliseconds, the first in this post is 2500 and the second is 2000.

bo4o6ZJ.gif

3gMTF17.gif

I'm torn on the border around Sullivan. It's a lot of yellow without it but the other frames don't have one.

y1xqbPM.png

If this is more or less the finished version I'd love to get the original frames from whoever did them. Degen (The Count) and UM (Believe with the Penguin lifting the cup)? The ones I used were some late night snipping tool work because It made sense at the time. And the last frame looks like a slightly darker yellow than the ones before it.

Personal could also be something like angry/focused/cup lifting Crosby/Malkin/Murray/Kesse/lHornqvist etc.

Could I get a version where the last two frames are smug Sullivan nodding and there's no 3elieve? That'd be swell.

I can try but I'd assume I'd make a mess of making it nod.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I can try but I'd assume I'd make a mess of making it nod.

No worries if it's too much trouble. Maybe there's another picture of Sullivan looking straight at the camera where he's being smug that would be easier to make nod, or maybe one of him looking slightly up and then one looking slightly down would work.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Hmm. Can you take still pictures from the gif? Arms down, and Cup up? Then you could use those (1up, 2down, 3up)...not that I know how any of this photoshop stuff works, haha

I like it, but why is the last picture blurry?
We could also have the Cup logo instead of a personalized frame… Like I said, I don’t know that we should be changing our traditional way of doing things ;).
I was also thinking it would be funny if the troll face popped up from the bottom on a last Cup logo slide (instead of being on the frames before that…then those who don’t want to be smug don’t have to use it). Isn’t that what we did with Kunitz’s face last year?

I didn't have the original. The true travesty is that it's a darker yellow than the others because shrinking it down more isn't going to make that less noticeable and it's probably going to be harder to fix.

If people don't want smug Sullivan, idk, he could be replaced with different Sullivans. Angry Sullivan, happy Sullivan.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
No worries if it's too much trouble. Maybe there's another picture of Sullivan looking straight at the camera where he's being smug that would be easier to make nod, or maybe one of him looking slightly up and then one looking slightly down would work.

Just looking at it, it's probably one of the better Sullivan pictures to make nod. Head on would be more bobbing than nodding. I would just have to figure out how and then not spend time making it "perfect" before getting frustrated. Someone else might be able to knock it out fairly quickly. Then there would be the file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->