Which would you rock?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Realistically we are really struggling with having our members join in for the photoshop aspect of creating playoff avatars, so i figured let's simplify it down to 2 choices where we can all use a similar avatar. I thought both choices are solid enough and would fit our sarcasm + we would look uniformed in our journey to 3peat.

While there were some amazing requests/ideas, we just don't have our vets who joined in on the photoshop. Personally I really wanted the "Making History" idea, but we realistically do not have the capacity to take requests this year because all of our members who helped in years prior are not here with us today. That could be from the migration or maybe we are all just getting older and have families, work, etc. to deal with.

So all I ask is please stay positive and let's try to make this the best we can. If anyone feels that can contribute or wants to contribute - feel free to send me a PM. We can do a mock up of "Making History" and add it as a last minute vote.

But for now:

Choice #1: The Count - 3

We could make a small adjustment and all use this gif. I would say let's take out the personalized frame and add the "3elieve" logo to the "cup logo frame". It makes it easy... it's actually really solid. We'd all have the same one, but it makes sense, is nice to look at, and it fits.

Or in the personalized frame we could add "Let's Make History" and the next frame be the 3elieve logo from below.

3jUKmbh.gif

This would be added to the "Cup logo frame"
DZqxqkTWkAA8v4C.jpg

Choice #2: The Troll

Frame 1:
t6a7CPD.png

Frame 2:
giphy.gif

Frame 3:

DZqxqkTWkAA8v4C.jpg

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I do want to add - we've been so blessed over the 10-15 years (i spent a lot of years lurking before joining) as we had some great members such as @shureshot66, @DegenX , @WVP, @Big McLargehuge , @vabm8 , @Ugene Malkin , and just so many more. I could easily create a list of 100 people. From GDTs to the first goal pick 'ems, we've been so blessed around here that people gave back their personal time to our community to help make it better.

For about a year or two, we've really been needing that next wave of members to step up. Photoshoppers, GDT makers, hell even just simple thread starting/ideas. I just ask to those in the community who may have more down time, please feel free to give back as this board will remain only as awesome as make it. I give my personal time here because this is a great getaway from life and I get to talk hockey with some great hockey minds. Let's keep that going to the next migration. :laugh:

If you want - please feel free to send me a PM if you want to join in on anything. Or even if you just have ideas for the board. It would be greatly appreciated. Let's keep this going until the Pens have 10+ Cups. :yo:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lmao, the Troll man, the Troll.

Smug Sullivan is what I am rolling with but I always crack up when I see it in my links of pics to post here. I can't help bust post it each time.

$

Reactions: KIRK and Zirakzigil

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I obviously liked the history idea trying the 125th anniversary of pro hockey in Pittsburgh with the attempt to make history again with a 3-peat.

But I understand completely that the help is volunteer and people have lives which limit the ability to do individual avatars.

I suppose of the two, if it is only going to be those two, the Count with the 3elieve one works best for me as you mentioned the making history part in it.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I'm set.

I'll vote on your options anyway though.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Kind of a late submission, but if being the villain/pissing people off is the agenda, I propose making this

Frame 1 - Tom Brady with superimposed Pens jersey on

Frame 2 - Carrie Underwood with Pens Jersey

Frame 3 - Bettman with Pens Jersey

Frame 4 - Pens logo and phrase “Everybody Loves Us!”

Hits the sarcasm button pretty good, and is sure to piss off a lot of fan bases.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Troll could be good

No forward depth?

Troll

Sign Guentzel etc.

That sort of thing.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Are we getting a personalized frame for the Troll?

For either actually. It was implied in one sentence in each version but then said that we would have a set avatar for everyone as we did not have volunteers to make these. That was why making history is not an option I thought Cole said.

So I am not sure if we get to customize a frame of whatever is chosen or not.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Are we getting a personalized frame for the Troll?

Unfortunately some of our vet photoshoppers have moved on, have families, live in Upper St Clair, and read newspapers only anymore :laugh: so we are down to using a theme that we all have to share. The board has always evolved through time with other members stepping up but in the last 2 years we hit a spot where it hasn't happened. That's natural in life, though. But we do not have 2-3 members who can take requests and do the avatars for everyone. So unfortunately, this year, we can't do that.

Hell speaking just on GDTs alone. @Syrinx was a live saver for coding. @SCUDeriMISSILE was our life saver in 2009. I haven't seen @Mischa around for quite a while.

Maybe @DegenX and myself can create a troll avatar and a count avatar and we can just use both. We can try to make them look similar enough and just use both. I'd like us to all use the avatars because there is nothing cooler than going on mainboards and seeing Penguin fans flooded everywhere.

Reactions: Bumpus

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Unfortunately some of our vet photoshoppers have moved on, have families, live in Upper St Clair, and read newspapers only anymore :laugh: so we are down to using a theme that we all have to share. The board has always evolved through time with other members stepping up but in the last 2 years we hit a spot where it hasn't happened. That's natural in life, though. But we do not have 2-3 members who can take requests and do the avatars for everyone. So unfortunately, this year, we can't do that.

Hell speaking just on GDTs alone. @Syrinx was a live saver for coding. @SCUDeriMISSILE was our life saver in 2009. I haven't seen @Mischa around for quite a while.

Maybe @DegenX and myself can create a troll avatar and a count avatar and we can just use both. We can try to make them look similar enough and just use both. I'd like us to all use the avatars because there is nothing cooler than going on mainboards and seeing Penguin fans flooded everywhere.

To be honest, I read this board for a long long time before finally create an account. I would be pleased to help the community for some other tasks (I suck at photoshopping).

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
To be honest, I read this board for a long long time before finally create an account. I would be pleased to help the community for some other tasks (I suck at photoshopping).

GDT making or if you have any ideas, feel free to join! If you want, send me a PM with some ideas. Time + migration really set some of the older vets to retirement, so whatever we can do to keep moving forward would be awesome. Example - the pick 'em challenge is awesome every year. @Burgs and his prospect poll in the summer is awesome (@molon labe). @HandshakeLin used to do an offseason music thread. Anything can help.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Going to have to go with The Troll.

Goalie Controversy? - Troll - 3ELIEVE.

Is that the type of thing people are thinking of?

ChrisKuuuunitz

4 time champ
Jan 14, 2015
there
I'm too new here understand the avatar thing... What's the deal?

for he playoffs teams on this forum try to use a set theme to show some unity for the fan base, last years were really good and everyone used them, "kunitz was there" will forever be the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->