Your vote for Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award

Extra Effort 2021

• Total voters

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I voted for Fox. Felt that growing up an NYR fan, this might have extra-special meaning for him and his consistency has been nothing short of remarkable.

Lindgren is very deserving. Also Buch for his overall play including picking up PK duties.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Also, kind of interesting that Lindgren better fits the definition of the award as it "used to be" with guys like Prust, Callahan, Ortmeyer winning it.

Then Zuccarello kind of broke the mold a bit. Zibanejad REALLY broke the mold by winning it the last two seasons. Feel like it is trending more towards being a "fan favorite" award. Fox much more in thei vein.

CTRanger

N9Y4R
Jun 20, 2006
The Gold Coast
Fox is going to win the Norris. That's plenty.

Give Lindgren his due.

that would be so awesome and well deserved. I would be shocked if Hedman didn’t win the Norris again. It more than any other trophy is all about vets who have paid their dues and deserve it. It’s still Hedmans time.

where is Buchnevich?

Reactions: dumpin

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I think Lindgren should get it this year, personally, but my sleeper pick is Buch. His PK work, board play, etc. have all shown major improvements this year and he is much more consistently engaged physically.

Also, kind of interesting that Lindgren better fits the definition of the award as it "used to be" with guys like Prust, Callahan, Ortmeyer winning it.

Then Zuccarello kind of broke the mold a bit. Zibanejad REALLY broke the mold by winning it the last two seasons. Feel like it is trending more towards being a "fan favorite" award. Fox much more in thei vein.

Definitely don’t want it to just be a generic “fan favorite” award, but I’m not sure that’s been the case the last couple of years. Which players would have deserved it over Mika or Zucc? Maybe you could make a case for Quickie or Mac truck when they were here, but otherwise nobody really comes to mind as fitting that “beyond the call of duty” mold than the guys who have won.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think Lindgren should get it this year, personally, but my sleeper pick is Buch. His PK work, board play, etc. have all shown major improvements this year and he is much more consistently engaged physically.

Definitely don’t want it to just be a generic “fan favorite” award, but I’m not sure that’s been the case the last couple of years. Which players would have deserved it over Mika or Zucc? Maybe you could make a case for Quickie or Mac truck when they were here, but otherwise nobody really comes to mind as fitting that “beyond the call of duty” mold than the guys who have won.

If it were up to me, Dan Girardi definitely should have won it at least once. Ditto McDonagh and Fast.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The NHL app on my phone asked me to vote for this a couple week ago and I voted Lindgren. If he doesn't embody "extra effort", I don't know who does.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would go with Lindgren. Dude gives it every night and has become a great D partner for Fox with his efforts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->