GDT: Your Vegas Golden Knights vs. Calgary Flames 1PM PDT

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
:laugh: I was thinking maybe get him locked up for 5 years at 4.75m

I think we'll be looking at 4-5m on a 7/8 year deal or around 5m on a 1/2 year deal. I'd prefer to go with a 1 year deal, but I think we'll get something done long term under 5m per.

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I mean one thing is for sure, Wild Bill has not shown enough to deserve making more than Marchesseault. Especially not for 8 years.

Agreed. Like I said over on the Ducks board, he's the 3rd best player on the line. He's done a fantastic job putting the puck in the net, but he wouldn't have these types of scoring chances without Smith and Marchey doing all the work to set him up.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Agreed. Like I said over on the Ducks board, he's the 3rd best player on the line. He's done a fantastic job putting the puck in the net, but he wouldn't have these types of scoring chances without Smith and Marchey doing all the work to set him up.
Right, I think he's shown he has the tools to be a star stud but anyone who watched him critically can see he's more of a beneficiary than a generator right now. I hope Gallant can push him to develop to his full potential.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Perhaps. I'd rather see a "show me" style bridge deal though.

Yes, he's coming off ELC. So perhaps a bridge deal.

And just because there hasn't been a lot of offer sheets doesn't mean they haven't been offered. Players have to agree/sign before they're announced.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
:laugh: I was thinking maybe get him locked up for 5 years at 4.75m

Not sure he takes that deal.

I think we'll be looking at 4-5m on a 7/8 year deal or around 5m on a 1/2 year deal. I'd prefer to go with a 1 year deal, but I think we'll get something done long term under 5m per.

I mean one thing is for sure, Wild Bill has not shown enough to deserve making more than Marchesseault. Especially not for 8 years.

Giving him a one year deal doesn't make sense & may create some ill will toward the team. McPhee should offer him a 2 year bridge deal at 6M or a longer deal at 4 years 5.5. Those numbers seem comensurate of what similar players have received.

Last edited:
Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Honestly, for Karlsson, anything from 3-6 years at 5 million per year should easily get it done.

He is an RFA, scored 6 goals last year and showed very little in parts of three NHL seasons before this one. And this season he has stood out by scoring a lot of goals but that's been accompanied by a very high shooting percentage you wouldn't expect anyone to maintain over multiple seasons.

Added onto the fact that, as has been pointed out, that his success has been very tied into his linemates play and you can easily draw the line at a similar, possibly even slightly smaller, contract to Marchessault and Smith, who both have 6 year, $30 million deals ($5 million per) I believe.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
espn said:
Barely two minutes into the second period, Reaves -- acquired from Pittsburgh on Feb. 23 -- flattened TJ Brodie with a blast that sidelined Calgary's defenseman the remainder of the game while sparking the Golden Knights' recent stagnant offense.
"That was the difference," Gallant said Vegas' 3-0 win over the Flames on Sunday. "That changed the game around. It was a big, clean hit. Ryan's been here for 10, 11, 12 games with us right now and he's doing a good job, he's playing his role real good and that hit changed the game around for sure."
The best acquisition EVER (by pirate logic).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad