Proposal: your trade idea for Duchene

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I want to see how he plays 20 games first - he did not look good and attitude has been questioned

I'd be more willing to do it now if this is a Fantasy League deal

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
And I agree, he would be an ideal Bruin

ah, if not mistaken, the winger for the Jackets? I was in my tunnel vision moment, thought with the mention of Duchene, we were talking about a fellow Avalanche player.

I`ve really only seen the Jackets play a handful of games over the last few years, not sure I`ve noticed him which means little

Thx

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Again?

OK play the game. But for Pete's sake have some reality.

The Avs want a young contract controlled top 4 D man to start.
Then add picks and prospects (plural).

Do not add high contracts. They wont take on money unless its that premier D piece they want.

Then address replacement piece and cost for what you are giving up.

Then address the Cap limitations for taking on the Duchene contract for essentially would/could be a rental.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
not gonna lie, not interested in MD for the price being asked for him, not even close

You and I are on the same page.

Honestly, I doubt the Bruins are as well. I think they made a play for Lando, I don't think they have been in the Duchene bidding at all

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
You and I are on the same page.

Honestly, I doubt the Bruins are as well. I think they made a play for Lando, I don't think they have been in the Duchene bidding at all

Landeskog would be better for Boston than Duchene.

But the youngsters (Bjork, DeBrusk, Heinen) should contribute a lot at much less cost than the Colorado veterans.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
not gonna lie, not interested in MD for the price being asked for him, not even close

I agree on the price piece. Sakic seems to think he's in the Crosby/McDavid mold of players in terms of value.

I would have a ton of interesting in Duchene though. His versatility would make this line-up something special.

You could play him in the top 6 and load up your top 2 lines.

Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Duchene-Krejci-Pasta
Vatrano-Czarnik/JFK-Bjork

Or you could really try to even out the lines and have one of the best third lines in hockey.

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pasta
Vatrano-Duchene-Backes

His ability to win face-offs, play either center or wing, be solid defensively, and obviously score would make him a threat at all times and really, really balance out this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->