Proposal: your trade idea for Duchene

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
My proposal

Spooner, Beleskey, Zboril, O'Gara

For Duchene

I like Zboril ... but i would rather trade him than Carlo. Avalanche are looking for D depth, so the Bruins would have to include a decent D prospect like Zboril for starters.
Don't think anyone is going to cry over losing Spooner and Beleskey.

Lineup after trade

Marchand Bergeron Bjork
Duchene Krejci Pasta
Kuraly Czarnik Backes
Debrusk Heinen Nash

good?

your trade idea...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If Bruins add Duchene... team becomes a 7th or 8th seed team

to a 4-5 team instead... Its not like the Bruins have all the time in the world.

So?

It's pretty common knowledge by now based on reports of declined offers that Sakic is asking too high a price for Duchene. Look at that offer from NYI that he declined.

Fact is, he is under no pressure to make this deal without meeting his price. Reports of absentee ownership, a team that has essentially no expectations, and a player who wants to leave, but attended camp anyways and is under contract for another two seasons.

Bruins aren't getting him for a pile of spare parts and B-level prospects, more based on Sakic's unreasonable ask than it is Duchene's actual value.

So you say they go from a 7-8 team to a 4-5? How can you make that claim when you don't know which valuable piece (or pieces) Boston would have to subtract from it's current roster to meet Sakic's asking price?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
So?

It's pretty common knowledge by now based on reports of declined offers that Sakic is asking too high a price for Duchene. Look at that offer from NYI that he declined.

Fact is, he is under no pressure to make this deal without meeting his price. Reports of absentee ownership, a team that has essentially no expectations, and a player who wants to leave, but attended camp anyways and is under contract for another two seasons.

Bruins aren't getting him for a pile of spare parts and B-level prospects, more based on Sakic's unreasonable ask than it is Duchene's actual value.

So you say they go from a 7-8 team to a 4-5? How can you make that claim when you don't know which valuable piece (or pieces) Boston would have to subtract from it's current roster to meet Sakic's asking price?

Based on his proposal, the team doesn't lose a good god damn thing. AND they save money on the cap.

I don't see a match.

Savaahd91

Jun 3, 2012
Duchene trade

Austin Czarnik, Matt Beleskey, Danton Heinen, Matt Grzelcyk, 2018 2nd

for

Duchene

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Based on his proposal, the team doesn't lose a good god damn thing. AND they save money on the cap.

I don't see a match.

No doubt.

I have a proposal for Colorado.

To Colorado: Spooner and Belesky

To Boston: 7th rounder in 2020

Seems a lot more fair than the OP's offer.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Austin Czarnik, Matt Beleskey, Danton Heinen, Matt Grzelcyk, 2018 2nd

for

Duchene

the Avs could use a d-man that can play NOW, not a bunch of prospects. if McAvoy makes the Bruins this season then they can spare Brandon Carlo, another good right shooting d-man. and guys like Spooner, Czarnik, and Beleskey are players Bruins fans are using as a dump, not players that the Avs want in return for a top scorer. maybe one of them, but if i'm trading Duchene to the Bruins, i'm starting the asking price at Carlo, college center Trent Frederic and a pick, and this may be why Duchene is still an Av....teams likely aren't willing to pony up their future for Duchene.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site

i doubt colorado is interested in anybody other than carlo, but if I was sakic and my expectaions were significantly lowered I would want JFK, Zboril and a 1st.
i cant imagine any team realistically offering a better prospects / picks package than that.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My proposal

For Duchene

I like Zboril ... but i would rather trade him than Carlo. Avalanche are looking for D depth, so the Bruins would have to include a decent D prospect like Zboril for starters.

Lineup after trade

Marchand Bergeron Bjork
Duchene Krejci Pasta
Kuraly Czarnik Backes
Debrusk Heinen Nash

good?

your trade idea...

if I'm going to try to take this serious... some cap room has to go into their direction so belesky is a must but that adds negative value for them

duchene when he gives a damn and plays to win... is a better than average scoring forward. but when he quits on the team like last year he sucks and is paid 6 million to suck

I think it has to be a conditional deal

something like our 2019 first round pick, if he has scored a certain number of points over the next 2 years

I think the balance of this trade can be made up with prospects that are expendable. heinen will be in very difficult to make this team with Bjork/debrusk projecting to be better options. and one of the left shot dmen could be sacrificed in a high profile trade of this sort too.

get Colorado to eat 2 million of duchenes contract so that he and belesky are a wash

my proposal

belesky
heinen
lauzon
a 2019 first if Duchene scores at least 40 goals or at least 80 points over the next 2 seasons {prorated in case of injury} {a second rounder if he doesn't}
{they can have spooner if they want him too but I feel they wouldn't want him}
for

Duchene with 2 million salary retained making him a 4 million dollar cap hit like belesky

honestly... I don't want Duchene here so I wouldn't mortgage the farm for him but I do acknowledge that he is a huge upgrade over belesky and I would be willing to swap out a few of our overstocked prospects to make that upgrade happen

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
My proposal

For Duchene

Lineup after trade

Marchand Bergeron Bjork
Duchene Krejci Pasta
Kuraly Czarnik Backes
Debrusk Heinen Nash

good?

your trade idea...

I dont like your 3rd and 4th line. those top 2 lines are probably the best top 2 in the league. Only a matter of opinion but my 3rd line would be Backes-Czarnik-Debrusk, 4th line: Kuraly-Heinen-Nash..Haha come to think of it, I only switched Debrusk and Kuraly so no big deal at all..

Bruins------Matt Duchene

Colorado---Beleskey, Senyshyn, Vaakanainen and a 2018 FRP.. I'd like to keep Zboril if anyway possible. Vaakanainen was our 1st pick past June. Av's could have choice of him or another one of our kids in the system unless DS wants to keep him..I dont know if thats really enough for Duchene to be honest.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Is Landeskog off the market? Rumors earlier this summer seemed to have him and Duchene available for purchase.

Landy would make more sense for the Bruins; younger, smaller cap hit, more term.

Duchene is a center. With 37, 46, 51 and 42, the position is covered. Landy, OTOH, could slide in at LW with Krej to form a dynamic second line. That would make Heinen or DeBrusk available to trade along with the defenseman Colorado needs.

Heinen, Beleskey, little Z, McQuaid and 2nd rounder for Gabriel L.

And, I am unanimous in that!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I don't see it happening. Our top end prospects are just as valuable to us as they are to a rebuilding team like Colorado. We need McAvoy/Carlo moving forward and on top of that, there's the cap to consider.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Spooner + Zboril + Heinen + McQuaid + 1st

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/469522

Marchand/Bergeron/Bjork
DeBrusk/Duchene/Backes
Vatrano/Krejci/Pasta

Chara/McAvoy
Krug/Carlo

Seems like a very good roster to me.
I think the return the Bruins got for Lucic is comparable to Duchene's value, and Lucic returned less with 1 year left. Factor in Duchene plays center, has 2 more years left, and Duchene's value may take a hit the longer he stays a member of the Avalanche, that package should be enough. The problem is, I doubt Sakic would pull the trigger. I also don't see a need for the Bruins to trade for someone like Duchene.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I like Duchene a lot, he's a fast left handed centre who can win a high number of draws. The guy won over 60% on the face-off dot last year. Getting a left-handed face-off guy like that would enable the Bruins not to deploy Bergeron in every must win face-off situation. Not only that, I think we need to trade some prospects anyway for guys producing now; we won't have space for everyone and most prospects don't pan out anyway. I also would have no problem trading Carlo. I really like Carlo, but he probably tops out at Hjalmarsson or Orpik. Great players, but I think Duchene is better than that.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
They'd only settle for Carlo or McAvoy type young player. If I was Sakic I wouldn't have any interest in just taking a package of a bunch of B-prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->