Your Top 5 Penguins

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I've been wondering a bit lately who my favorite players are currently on the team. Goligoski and Talbot were probably my second to favorite for a bit as was Staal, but I'm fairly certain that Crosby is and has been my number one for awhile now. Really try not to feed into the hype and all of that, but I love watching the guy play and am always checking his stats and such much like I used to do with Lemieux. So, just wondering for the Pens fans out there, who are your current 5 favorites on the team? Not the best players, but just your favorites.

My list:
1. Crosby
2. Dupuis
3. Scuds
4. Kunitz
5. Malkin

Atren

Jun 29, 2011
Europe
Feels guilty to do this kinda, but if had to would go like this most likely (might vary a bit based on mood):

1. Letang
2. Dupuis
3. Crosby
4. Malkin
5. Martin

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Malkin - A real joy to watch and an awesome/accidentily hilarious human being.
Martin/Scuderi - They remind me of the dman I strived to be (different players but both so solid defensively and efficient).
Vokoun - A really articulate and honest dude in interviews. Just seems like the man and saved our ***** in the playoffs.
Crosby - The perfect superstar. He's too boring for me to have up with Malkin but his work ethic and approach to the game are unmatched.
Bennett - So fun to watch and I can't wait to see this kid once he gets experience.

Last edited:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Personal favorite? That's easy. Not sure how everyone doesn't have the same #1, if you go by combination of skills and personality.

1. Geno
1a. Vitale
3. Other People

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
1) Crosby: This guy is up there w/ Mario for me in Penguins players. I just respect the hell out of them.
2) Malkin: How can't you love this guy?

3) Vitale: I am addicted to guys who hustle and throw their heart on the ice. Vitale is that guy for me.
4) Scuds: I played the same way in juniors/college and it never gets recognition except from your team. I am so proud this guy represents A LOT of defenders out there who never had a chance.

5) Dupers: Good hearted person and someone to cheer for.

Beau will make the top 5 next year.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
1. Crosby- no explanations here.
2. Malkin- same as above.
3. Has left the team(talbot)
4. Also has left the team(staal)
5. Letang- he and others move up by default.
6. Kunitz- When he's going he's pretty darn good.
7. Neal- Same as Kunitz.

Waiting for the new crop of guys to come in and get me a bottom six guy back in my top five. Uher, Farnham, Megna, Zlobin. Was really hoping we could have got Clutterbuck<----I'm officially Sadden.

Don't really care about one bottom six guy currently, including, Sutter. I just don't have any moxy torwards any of them.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
1. Beau
2. Sid
3. Geno
4. Jokinen
5. Martin
6. Zlobin and Maatta

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
1. Crosby - It's pretty self explanatory. I love those moments when I realize what he does all the time is incredibly difficult, it's ridiculous; the obviously insane stuff is great too.
2. Bennett - So much potential.
3. Vokoun - The playoffs savior who doesn't take years off my life when he's in net.
4. Malkin - I love him when he's on, but when he's not... I grow slightly resentful. It's not even that rational but it is what it is.
5. Scuderi/Martin - It's not cheating :p:. They're just so solid and there getting **** done.

Honourable mention goes to, Jokinen because I just love the flexibility that he brings to the team, and Letang when he's not being terrifying. Kunitz and Dupuis, too, but Bylsma taints them.

Vitale may make the list if he makes the team :sarcasm:.

JonSt

Nov 22, 2010
Aberdeen, Scotland
1. Sidney Crosby/Evgeni Malkin - I'm putting them together to give me more space and their little handshake/fistpump/helmut bang is adorable.
2. Paul Martin - He makes good eggs.
3. Brooks Orpik - The eyes, it's all in that stare.
4. James Neal - The hair
5. Kris Letang - The hair part 2

Man that's difficult. Hard to leave off Duper and Kunitz and my heart does melt whenever Joey V smiles.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Favourites?

Now than Staal is gone:

1) Tanger
2) Crosby
3) Malkin
4) Fleury (yeah, yeah, I know, he sucks, but I've been following him since his junior days and I met him a few times. He is too much of a great human being for me not to include him among my favourites)
5) Bennett and Dupuis tied. Beau might have the edge "hockey-wise", but as a proud French-Canadian, I support my fellow Quebec-native :)

Orpik used to be on the list and I have a feeling Harrington will quickly be. I have a soft spot for Desprès because he is French-Canadian, but he's not a favourite of mine, I want to see him succeed though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad