Your Top 25 KINGS Playoff Moments?

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I was thinking the other day about how the Hawks are counting their 2010 win as part of their dynasty and how good that team was...and how the Kings measure up.

Then I remembered how many records we broke in both runs and how many epic series we came out on top of...
...and it hit me, before 2012, the Kings maybe had what, a top five list of playoff moments. Now we can easily make a top 25. And that original list of five, maybe none of those moments are top five now.

Now that we're champs, what are your top playoff moments all-time for the Kings? Make a list of five, ten, twenty, twenty-five or whatever.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Thanks Ziggy! Maybe a chronological order thing would be better than a ranking system. Obviously something to do with winning the Cup in 2012 would be #1 but people would argue about the ranking of other moments past #3 probably.

For me, the top three are:
1) 2012, Dustin Brown lifts the Cup, all old time Kings fans let go of their burdens
2) 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 part 2, Kings win the Cup in six game scoring six goals (part 1 was game 4 when we swept St. Louis)
3) Jazz Hands

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Obviously 2012 and 2014, but I think Game 7 in Chicago definitely deserves to be in there, that was some of the best hockey I've ever watched.

Also 2001, games 4 and 6 against Detroit, another one with no explanation needed.

Captain Mittens*

Holy **** Ziggy!

There are some great memories there. The 89-90 and 90-91 teams are the teams that I am still surprised didn't go further. We always lost to a Canadian rival every freaking year.

That 12 goal video was great. I almost forgot a few of the players from back then. I used to have so much fun as a young-in with Robitaille (Robitussin) and Kasper's(The friendly ghost) names.

<----old

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Those early 90s Kings constantly got slapped around by Edmonton after they defeated them in '89. Three consecutive playoff series losses to the Oilers in '90, '91 and '92.

I was so happy when that team finally got gutted and ended up trading Fuhr, Messier, Graves, Anderson, Tikkanen, etc. And then they got Doug Weight, Bill Guerin, Curtis Joseph and gave the Kings problems all over again in the late 90s through early 2000s.

That Mike Allison goal really was special, as was Chris Kontos and his 8 goals in '89 against Edmonton.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Those early 90s Kings constantly got slapped around by Edmonton after they defeated them in '89. Three consecutive playoff series losses to the Oilers in '90, '91 and '92.

I was so happy when that team finally got gutted and ended up trading Fuhr, Messier, Graves, Anderson, Tikkanen, etc. And then they got Doug Weight, Bill Guerin, Curtis Joseph and gave the Kings problems all over again in the late 90s through early 2000s.

Remember back when other teams have us problems? Now the other teams talk about how we give them problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad