Music: Your Top-20 Songs of the Decade

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
Hopefully to evolve into the Forum's Top-100 Songs of he decade.

I've been waiting for someone to start this thread but I guess no one is willing or ready to take on the responsibility of tallying up the results for the Forum's Top-100. For the previous decade, the thread starter didn't actually finish with the accumulated Top-100 songs, so in fact I took over in the end and did the tally for the Top-100. However, making this clear now, I'm not committing to do that in this thread, but maybe. If I or someone else does ultimately decide to take the thread posts and do a Top-100 at the end, then that'll be bonus.

Therefore, as for now, all I'm asking for is that members post their Top-20 songs the decade (2010-2019). Personally, I think a song released in December of 2009 should still qualify since it likely had the vast amount of its popularity in 2010. My only particular preference would be that the list should contain at least one song from each year of the decade.

To start off, my list is not ready, and to be honest I'm actually hoping to maybe discover a few great songs among the lists posted by others. I don't know if HFBoards want a thread full of hundreds of videos, but if that's OK and you want to post videos then great. If not, then at least your top-20 list.

Last edited:

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I was curious so went through my mp3 player and I'd say these are the favourite 20. It's pretty much all indie rock so not much variety but whatever, I heard it and I believe in it.

Slowdive - Star Roving
DMA's - Do I Need You Now?
The Jezabels - Try Colour
Rose Elinor Dougall - Space To Be
kent - Ismael
The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
Hey Rosetta! - Yer Spring
The Joy Formidable - The Everchanging Spectrum of A Lie
Bill Ryder-Jones - Don't Be Scared, I Love You
White Lies - Bigger Than Us
St. Vincent - Cruel
Arctic Monkeys - That's Where You're Wrong
The Maccabees - Pelican
Keane - Sovereign Light Cafe
Alvvays - Archie, Marry Me
Desperate Journalist - Be Kind
The Twilight Sad - There's A Girl In The Corner
Radiohead - Burn The Witch
City Calm Down - In This Modern Land
Ladytron - The Island

Last edited:

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I'd like to thank plank for being the first to participate, but I do think it would be better if all 20 songs could be posted in one post rather than 20 individual posts. And perhaps it would also be more practical if just the song titles, artists and a video link were posted rather than the actual video.

Reactions: Amerika

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I was curious so went through my mp3 player and I'd say these are the favourite 20. It's pretty much all indie rock so not much variety but whatever, I heard it and I believe in it.

Slowdive - Star Roving
DMA's - Do I Need You Now?
The Jezabels - Try Colour
Rose Elinor Dougall - Space To Be
kent - Ismael
The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
Hey Rosetta! - Yer Spring
The Joy Formidable - The Everchanging Spectrum of A Lie
Bill Ryder-Jones - Don't Be Scared, I Love You
White Lies - Bigger Than Us
St. Vincent - Cruel
Arctic Monkeys - That's Where You're Wrong
The Maccabees - Pelican
Keane - Sovereign Light Cafe
Alvvays - Archie, Marry Me
Desperate Journalist - Be Kind
The Twilight Sad - There's A Girl In The Corner
Radiohead - Burn The Witch
City Calm Down - In This Modern Land
Ladytron - The Island

If someone does eventual do a Top-100 Forum list based on this thread, it will be necessary for you to order those songs, 1-20 (unless that actually is the order only without the numbers).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad