5. Shaquille O'Neal
6. Hakeem Olajuwon
7. Tim Duncan
8. Larry Bird
9. Magic Johnson
10. Wilt Chamberlain
11. Kobe Bryant
12. Oscar Robertson

I think Curry can break into the top 12 among active players with a few more rings and MVP caliber play he is capable of. It's too late for Paul and Durant I think.

I can't see LeBron surpassing KAJ on my list unless he wins like 3 more rings.

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. LeBron James
4. Bill Russell
5. Shaquille O'Neal
6. Hakeem Olajuwon
7. Tim Duncan
8. Larry Bird
9. Magic Johnson
10. Wilt Chamberlain
11. Kobe Bryant
12. Oscar Robertson

I think Curry can break into the top 12 among active players with a few more rings and MVP caliber play he is capable of. It's too late for Paul and Durant I think.

I can't see LeBron surpassing KAJ on my list unless he wins like 3 more rings.
LeBron is in a much deeper era than when Kareem was playing. When Kareem was at his peak the league wasn’t nearly what it is today hence the high MVP numbers. For me, LeBron just does so much more on the floor than Kareem and it’s a pretty easy decision. I think Kareem is fighting with Magic and Bird personally

Reactions: datboichoi

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Jordan
James
Chamberlain
Abdul-Jabbar
Bird
Johnson
O'Neal
Russell
Olajuwon
Duncan
Durant
Robertson

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
1. Michael Jordan
2. LeBron James
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Magic Johnson
5. Larry Bird
6. Shaquille O'Neal
7. Hakeem Olajuwon
8. Wilt Chamberlain
9. Kobe Bryant
10. Bill Russell
11. Tim Duncan
12. Oscar Robertson

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
LeBron is in a much deeper era than when Kareem was playing. When Kareem was at his peak the league wasn’t nearly what it is today hence the high MVP numbers. For me, LeBron just does so much more on the floor than Kareem and it’s a pretty easy decision. I think Kareem is fighting with Magic and Bird personally
LeBron isn't a wrong answer for #2 or #3 spot, I think anything else is blasphemous though.

Here is why I rank KAJ above him:

I feel comparing eras is fair, but it is definitely underselling what KAJ accomplished in his career. Have you seen another player master the skyhook? It is an incredibly difficult shot to pull off and I feel people undersell that move because it isn't as sexy as chasedown blocks from LBJ.
  • His HS basketball team won 3 straight national titles, went on a 71 game winning streak all while his coach hated him and racially abused him.
  • He was even more dominant in college. 3x NCAA Player of the Year awards, 3x national titles, 3x Final Four Most Outstanding, 47 game win streak and the league imposed a rule where no dunking was allowed to prevent him from dominating.
  • In his first 10 years in the NBA, he won the MVP 6 times! For reference, MJ had 5 in 13 years and LBJ has 4 in 17 seasons.
He is not only a massive winner at every level he's played at, he puts up MVP level stats, has won multiple times with different franchise, iconic skyhook that will never be replicated and has a rule changed because of his dominance. Imagine if he was allowed into the NBA after high school, he'd probably have won more MVP titles and maybe more NBA Championships to his name.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Tough one to answer like usual, but based on stats, accolades, records, longevity, and peak domination I'd say:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. LeBron James
4. Magic Johnson
5. Wilt Chamberlain
6. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquille O'Neal
9. Kobe Bryant
10. Bill Russell
11. Hakeem Olajuwon
12. Stephen Curry

Honourable Mentions: Kevin Durant, Oscar Robertson, Moses Malone, Karl Malone, and Dirk Nowitzki

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
LeBron isn't a wrong answer for #2 or #3 spot, I think anything else is blasphemous though.

Here is why I rank KAJ above him:

I feel comparing eras is fair, but it is definitely underselling what KAJ accomplished in his career. Have you seen another player master the skyhook? It is an incredibly difficult shot to pull off and I feel people undersell that move because it isn't as sexy as chasedown blocks from LBJ.
  • His HS basketball team won 3 straight national titles, went on a 71 game winning streak all while his coach hated him and racially abused him.
  • He was even more dominant in college. 3x NCAA Player of the Year awards, 3x national titles, 3x Final Four Most Outstanding, 47 game win streak and the league imposed a rule where no dunking was allowed to prevent him from dominating.
  • In his first 10 years in the NBA, he won the MVP 6 times! For reference, MJ had 5 in 13 years and LBJ has 4 in 17 seasons.
He is not only a massive winner at every level he's played at, he puts up MVP level stats, has won multiple times with different franchise, iconic skyhook that will never be replicated and has a rule changed because of his dominance. Imagine if he was allowed into the NBA after high school, he'd probably have won more MVP titles and maybe more NBA Championships to his name.

Having Lebron at 1 really isn't blasphemous if you strongly value on-court performance rather than career story. He has already had a longer career at the top than Jordan - and both were fairly close at their peak - and his peak level was higher than Kareem's, and he looks likely to equal Kareem's longevity in the NBA too. I'm pretty confident Lebron will end up with the best career in NBA history by my perspective. I don't really care about his finals record or whatever. Just how effective he was and for how long.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Having Lebron at 1 really isn't blasphemous if you strongly value on-court performance rather than career story. He has already had a longer career at the top than Jordan - and both were fairly close at their peak - and his peak level was higher than Kareem's, and he looks likely to equal Kareem's longevity in the NBA too. I'm pretty confident Lebron will end up with the best career in NBA history by my perspective. I don't really care about his finals record or whatever. Just how effective he was and for how long.
Ok i respectfully disagree.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Not a lot of love for the Logo here? Until MJ came along he was probably the greatest scoring guard of all time. I know a lot of old timers hold him in much higher regard than Oscar.

Reactions: Voight

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
In order:
Jabbar
James
Jordan
Chamberlain
Russell
Kobe
Magic
Duncan
Shaq
Hakeem
Bird
West

HM: (no order) Baylor, Robertson, Durant, K.Malone, Curry, Havlicek, Erving, Mikan, M.Malone, Hayes, Dirk, Garnett.

My Best-Carey

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Bird
Wilt
Kareem
LeBron
Hakeem
Duncan
Shaq
Magic
Kobe
Russell
Steph
Durant
images

images

AdamoR61

May 16, 2019
Jordan, Lebron, Kareem, Kobe, Magic, Wilt, Bird, Duncan, Hakeem, Shaq, Curry, Durant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad