Your Top 10 Prospects for 2019

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
2 kids who I think will be risers next year I haven’t really seen discussed much on here are Jamieson Rees and Brooklyn Kalmikov.
Can’t recall having seen Kalmikov play, but I can definitely get behind Rees. Very fun player to watch, who will hopefully get the opportunity to make a bunch of noise next year.

LarrysMustache

Feb 29, 2016
Unrealistic statement. Marner’s 2018 play shows he has the ability to be a 100+ point guy in the league and drive his own line. You better believe that many GMs would take that over Hischier if the latter tops out as a 60-70 point 2-way 1C.

GTFO dude has not put up a 70 points yet and you need to wait another year to compare nico to marner's first season (if you neglect the fact that one is a speedy winger and the other is a 2-way center). talk about unrealistic.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
GTFO dude has not put up a 70 points yet and you need to wait another year to compare nico to marner's first season (if you neglect the fact that one is a speedy winger and the other is a 2-way center). talk about unrealistic.
Fair, but my comment was in response to one proclaiming Nico as Bergeron’s heir apparent and calling Mitch a run-of-the-mill winger.

Anywho, back to prospects.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I see Cozens rising into the top three. He's a player who'd be very good to build around going forward and I see him as something very... special. Think he'll be so dominant next season.

Reactions: 99664987

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not a fun draft for the Swedes. Hope the 2020 gets better. And Finland please step on the breaks a little.

I think Sweden could place 3-4 in the first round, so not that bad. And I wouldn't buy the early Finnish hype about their 2019 draft. They have some good prospects, but they hype up their players like crazy, which helps early perceptions for players since most haven't seen these 2019 players play yet.

Reactions: 99664987

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
looks like it will be a big year out of Minnesota HS - with a few of these kids playing in the USHL for a bit this year.

These 3 are potential top 31 picks right now -

Brady Meyer - 6'5 190lbs - Central Illinois Flying Aces - so much potential here, finished strong for the crappy Aces -
Ryder Donovan - 6'3 185lbs - Dubuque Fighting Saints - another giant just getting a taste of the USHL
Ben Brinkman - 6'0 180lbs - Edina HS - so damn smooth out there, can't wait to see what route he takes next year

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Hoping Byram lives up to the hype in his draft year, will be exciting to watch a high end prospect like that in my own backyard while he makes a name for himself heading into the draft. I live 15 minutes from where the Giants play.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Not a fun draft for the Swedes. Hope the 2020 gets better. And Finland please step on the breaks a little.

The only thing we can say for sure is that the depth in the Swedish 01 age group is lacking. I think the top end looks decent. If Victor Söderström takes steps next season he will be very hard to pass on, even early in 1st round probably. Simon Holmström is up there with the best 16 year old wingers I have seen in the Swedish junior leagues in the last few years. These two are good prospects by Swedish standards but where they rank compared to the rest of the world is hard to say at this point.

We can expect some guys to come out of nowhere, that always happens. Tobias Björnfot is someone to keep an eye on too.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think Sweden could place 3-4 in the first round, so not that bad. And I wouldn't buy the early Finnish hype about their 2019 draft. They have some good prospects, but they hype up their players like crazy, which helps early perceptions for players since most haven't seen these 2019 players play yet.
Uh, lately the Finnish draft prospects' stocks have actually risen during their draft years, as they gain more exposure. And many of them still ended up going later than they should(Aho obvious example).

Anttoni Honka and Kaapo Kakko should both go top 5(perhaps even top 3), and then there are around 3-4 others who could be first rounders.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Uh, lately the Finnish draft prospects' stocks have actually risen during their draft years, as they gain more exposure. And many of them still ended up going later than they should(Aho obvious example).

Anttoni Honka and Kaapo Kakko should both go top 5(perhaps even top 3), and then there are around 3-4 others who could be first rounders.
I don’t take Honka top-5. He has the skill, but he is small and quite a lot like his brother, both in good and bad. I’d say he is worth a shot in the late teend at best currently.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I think we have only 2 first round picks at the moment; Honka and Kakko. Kakko top 5/10 and Honka maybe top 20. Kokkonen early/mid second. We have some other names too (Nikkanen and some other guys) but I wouldn't put them really high atm.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I think we have only 2 first round picks at the moment; Honka and Kakko. Kakko top 5/10 and Honka maybe top 20. Kokkonen early/mid second. We have some other names too (Nikkanen and some other guys) but I wouldn't put them really high atm.
Nikkanen might be a first rounder, but he has to show it this season.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don’t take Honka top-5. He has the skill, but he is small and quite a lot like his brother, both in good and bad. I’d say he is worth a shot in the late teend at best currently.
Late teens? Julius was in mid teens and Anttoni is FAR better than him at the equivalent age.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Thats what I mean. Not in my opinion. I have Kakko slightly lower, and Honka a lot lower. I was attacked by your fans for politely disagreeing.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Late teens? Julius was in mid teens and Anttoni is FAR better than him at the equivalent age.
And Julius isn’t paying off at the moment. He has shown inability to let go of the junior style hockey. Perhaps Anttoni will be helped by playing against men earlier. Currently, though, I have my reservations about him.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Yes it's early but I wanna hear everyone's opinion for the next upcoming draft. I'll show my very, very, very early edition as well. Let me know if I'm missing anyone who's basically an automatic Top 10 guy lol. Also, if this is a repeat thread... oops.

1. Jack Hughes C
2. Alex Newhook C
3. Alex Turrotte C
4. Bowen Byram D
5. Kaapo Kakko RW
6. Kirby Dach C
7. Artemi Kynazev D
8. Peyton Krebs LW
9. Alex Vlasic D
10. Ryan Suzuki C

HM's

Jakob Pelletier
Mikko Kokkonen
Nolan Foote
Raphael Lavoie
Samuel Poulin

Its actually not that early and i really enjoy these threads .i look into the future drafts as far as i can find.

Hughes and Newhook seem to be top 2
But it wouldnt surprise me that someone like Kakko moves in there.
Ive lost my excitement on Dach. I think Cozens will be a top ten .i also like Lavoie a big talented kid from the Q who will fill in..

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
looks like it will be a big year out of Minnesota HS - with a few of these kids playing in the USHL for a bit this year.

These 3 are potential top 31 picks right now -

Brady Meyer - 6'5 190lbs - Central Illinois Flying Aces - so much potential here, finished strong for the crappy Aces -
Ryder Donovan - 6'3 185lbs - Dubuque Fighting Saints - another giant just getting a taste of the USHL
Ben Brinkman - 6'0 180lbs - Edina HS - so damn smooth out there, can't wait to see what route he takes next year

Brinkman forgoing Senior season and going straight to the Gophers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
BOOM! That's what I want to see..good news!
It will be a tough adjustment for him at first as a 17yo playing with men, but I think he is ready, hockey wise. Was picking up bad habits in HS because he could take risks that he could get away with there, but not at higher levels.Too bad Walker and Mittelstadt won't be there...that's some nice talent.

We'll see how he progresses.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It will be a tough adjustment for him at first as a 17yo playing with men, but I think he is ready, hockey wise. Was picking up bad habits in HS because he could take risks that he could get away with there, but not at higher levels.Too bad Walker and Mittelstadt won't be there...that's some nice talent.

We'll see how he progresses.
yep, good he shows up now with McLaughlin, they are going to need all the skill they can get at this point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes it's early but I wanna hear everyone's opinion for the next upcoming draft. I'll show my very, very, very early edition as well. Let me know if I'm missing anyone who's basically an automatic Top 10 guy lol. Also, if this is a repeat thread... oops.

1. Jack Hughes C
2. Alex Newhook C
3. Alex Turrotte C
4. Bowen Byram D
5. Kaapo Kakko RW
6. Kirby Dach C
7. Artemi Kynazev D
8. Peyton Krebs LW
9. Alex Vlasic D
10. Ryan Suzuki C

HM's

Jakob Pelletier
Mikko Kokkonen
Nolan Foote
Raphael Lavoie
Samuel Poulin

Haven't looked at these prospects yet.

Just as a general comment, would you say on the average, there should be at least 5 centers ranked in the top 10 overall in 2019 on most lists?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad