Your top 10 International Teams

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Bourci-CAT:

Well , being from a Clan that's Half Native...and having to stomach a 3 Kronor who deigns to call himself CrazyHorse, Then Hurl Insults...I DID TAKE OFFENCE ! It's just the Chris Simon in me I suppose :) Ur suprised that Canucks get Testy when it comes to Hockey/Religion eh? Where U Been KemoSabey ??? Livin UNDER A ROCK ??? :)

B-Cat:

Ur Ice ...Ur IIHF Rules...For the Most Part... and Yet ...Our Men have won 1 out of 3 Gold...AND ...Our Women Have Won 2 out of 3 Gold...So Tell Me ...Oh Lover/Keeper of all OG Shinny Stats...Whose Done Better ??? :)

CHEERS

Well, if you have first nation background then I can understand getting upset about that. However, when I first saw this guys username I was thinking more about Neil Young & Crazy Horse than first nations (though the origins of the band's name are there, of course).

BTW: Nagano wasn't home ice for any of the medaling countries, same in Turin.

Cheers

espo*

Lay it off already. If you're as old as you say, you should be able to write like one too.

Canada Cups & World Cups are biased tourneys, no matter how you twist the matter. Everything in them is geared to be smooth for team Canada. Olympics, starting from 1998 are not biased though.

There is nothing about that tournament that gives Canada an UNFAIR advantage whatsoever bouciat.It's an international tournament where all the best players get to compete.........a little travel and home ice should'nt throw anyone off with the teams they bring and the last world cup showed this "bias" you talk about is pretty much hogwash.It's a built in excuse in case of failure and is getting a little old. European fans should take their failures and lumps like men IMO.The teams they had were capable of winning but lost to a better team when they have'nt won,their hands were DEFINATELY not tied behind their back in any way shape or form and you know that.

I see you've gone a bit downhill when discounting failures by the European squads because you can't always get your games at home. I just think the failures have gotten to you a bit and have clouded your otherwise usual good judgement. The game is played on a sheet of ice with sticks,pucks and refs......it's like any other game played anywhere and we all are smart enough to know that.When they play well enough to win it all rest assured......they'll win it all.

Until they do fans in the know and accepting reality will call it like it is..........they were'nt quite good enough to win.European teams can't win them all,they are'nt good enough to do that,no-one is.There are going to be tournaments they just can't pull off and it won't always be because they were shafted(actually it will be next to never that happens) We've already had one Slava Fetisov embarrasing the games......we don't need any more.

i see in another post here you've begun the drum beating of the next olympics being in North America and on the small ice.is there a problem with this concerning fair play? considering North America does have to right to host the olympics like any other part of the world and the fact 99% of the players play on the small ice i'm surprised you have an issue with this. Are you reminding us and yourself that in case of a Canada or U.S win it's not really legit? biased in some way?

That's quite juvenile,i have to call it like i see it and that's what it is.

as a fan Win well and lose well bouciat.In the future you'll win sometimes and you'll lose sometimes.............garunteed.

Might as well deal with it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

espo*

Ur IIHF ICE as in BIG ICE !!! Not NHL sized Ice..

CHEERS !

You mean EIHF don't you bls?

Because that's what that organization truly is.........the European Ice Hockey Federation.

And they and fans from there want to call all the shots,all the time.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
There is nothing about that tournament that gives Canada an UNFAIR advantage whatsoever bouciat.It's an international tournament where all the best players get to compete.........a little travel and home ice should'nt throw anyone off with the teams they bring and the last world cup showed this "bias" you talk about is pretty much hogwash.It's a built in excuse in case of failure and is getting a little old. European fans should take their failures and lumps like men IMO.The teams they had were capable of winning but lost to a better team when they have'nt won,their hands were DEFINATELY not tied behind their back in any way shape or form and you know that.

I see you've gone a bit downhill when discounting failures by the European squads because you can't always get your games at home. I just think the failures have gotten to you a bit and have clouded your otherwise usual good judgement. The game is played on a sheet of ice with sticks,pucks and refs......it's like any other game played anywhere and we all are smart enough to know that.When they play well enough to win it all rest assured......they'll win it all.

Until they do fans in the know and accepting reality will call it like it is..........they were'nt quite good enough to win.European teams can't win them all,they are'nt good enough to do that,no-one is.There are going to be tournaments they just can't pull off and it won't always be because they were shafted(actually it will be next to never that happens) We've already had one Slava Fetisov embarrasing the games......we don't need any more.

i see in another post here you've begun the drum beating of the next olympics being in North America and on the small ice.is there a problem with this concerning fair play? considering North America does have to right to host the olympics like any other part of the world and the fact 99% of the players play on the small ice i'm surprised you have an issue with this. Are you reminding us and yourself that in case of a Canada or U.S win it's not really legit? biased in some way?

That's quite juvenile,i have to call it like i see it and that's what it is.

as a fan Win well and lose well bouciat.In the future you'll win sometimes and you'll lose sometimes.............garunteed.

Might as well deal with it now.

I'm not finding excuses for any past games. I'm stating cold facts as they are. If that makes people uncomfortable then so be it.

I dare you. Name one instance, ONE, where Finland has played an entire best-on-best tourney at home. It has never happened. Same for Sweden. Same for the Czech Republic. Same for Slovakia. Soviet Union has played some best-on-best hockey at home (half of Summit Series) but not an entire best-on-best tourney. Whereas for Canada, just count all the Canada Cups & World Cups. Pretty big difference right there, don't you think.

On rink size. Olympic hockey should played on the big ice because that's the way it's supposed to be. End of story. Similarly, NHL-hockey is supposed to be played on small ice and I'm not going around asking for that to change.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
The best World Championship team, I remember Canada icing, was the 2005 team during the lockout. That tournament was probably the closest the Worlds has been to being the best versus the best. Their silver was the best performance the Canadian best have had on international ice since the '72 Series.

But if you count that Canadian team, then you also have to include the Czech team that beat them for the gold. Aside from Hasek, that was likely the best roster of Czechs they could've fielded as well.

toastman344*

All of the IIHF's World Champ's Tourneys have been played on Euro ICe...Canada has never had a single Home game , since it has Never Hosted the WC's ...

Likewise the vast majority of OG's have been played on Big ICe...BUT ...Who says it MUST ALWAYS BE SO...U EUROS EH ? So Who do u think u are ...Master's of the Entire Hockey WOrld ...The IIHF is supposed to be a Global Body...last time I checked... not a strictly Euro governing body ( as it has so often seemed in the past )...The IIHF Already Agreed to playing 2010 on Small Ice...

Those R THE RULES...Same Rule for EveryBody...Ergo...

KWITCHER*****IN !!

toastman344*

Their ( Whoops u did say 2005 my mistake ) silver was the best performance the Canadian best have had on international ice since the '72 Series

Aside from the fact that Canada has won 4 WC's since 1972 without our Best...And of course we didn't even start competing at the WC's again...until ( when was it ? ) 1978 ...after a long hiatus...

Salt Lake City OG O2 was On Big ICE....wouldn't u call that a Best on Best Tourney ?

espo*

I'm not finding excuses for any past games. I'm stating cold facts as they are. If that makes people uncomfortable then so be it.

I dare you. Name one instance, ONE, where Finland has played an entire best-on-best tourney at home. It has never happened. Same for Sweden. Same for the Czech Republic. Same for Slovakia. Soviet Union has played some best-on-best hockey at home (half of Summit Series) but not an entire best-on-best tourney. Whereas for Canada, just count all the Canada Cups & World Cups. Pretty big difference right there, don't you think.

On rink size. Olympic hockey should played on the big ice because that's the way it's supposed to be. End of story. Similarly, NHL-hockey is supposed to be played on small ice and I'm not going around asking for that to change.

yeah,but why are you asking for olympic games to be played on the big rinks? is the reason that Canadian and American players don't grow up playing on it (
could be considered a clear edge to European teams) North American teams can't have tournaments on the ice they are used to? why the
fuss and concern?...scared of losing an edge? I can't see any other reason myself.I know you'll say it's only because that's what the IIHf declares but to say i'm skeptical about that would be putting it mildly since your teams and Europe's best all play the small ice now mostly all the time. Small ice is great hockey and the big seven are all used to it...................unfair?,explain!! if your explanation does not show me how playing on the small ice will be unfair then i won't buy your argument.if it is only going to be.'because the iihf says so" i'll be less then impressed.

Tournaments in Finland?......have one!!! if the will is there maybe they can make it happen,what can i say? I'll tell you one thing,i for one won't complain or blame any loss we may suffer in it because it was played in helsinki.Why won't i fuss and complain? It's simple,there isn't one single Finn fan in the stands who is going to come onto the ice and score a goal or make a save against us.Why worry? Total kid stuff..................boriiiing!!! just play the game.

The point is that game played is the game played.About the only time i give credence to fans moaning on this stuff is when they have been forced to play without their best players.That's reasonable to complaqi about because it's unfair.Locations? Tournaments have to be played somewhere and they can't always be played at home.We've dealt with this at the worlds for years and either won or lost,what are you going to do? demand all games only at home? With that attitude we may as well not send a team over there anymore.But why? we've won it,we can win it again.When we don't win we did'nt have a good enough team. Big ice-small ice,you have to adjust and get your **** together to be successful.Sweden had their act together and won both the olympics and worlds this past year,good for them!!! They've failed to put it all together before but not this year.........it's called sports. but to take your reasoning to it's logical conclusion i'd have to put an asterick before damn near every major competition Sweden had ever won.The worlds,gold in torino and and Albertville.And i'll question whether
Finland could really have beat us in Torino if it had'nt been held in Europe or had'nt been played on the big ice. What's the matter with Finland and sweden? they can't win unless it's in Europe and on big ice?

Foolishness,Sweden won because they were the better team on those occasions and Finland beat us in torino because they were clearly the better team.Why? i don't know,they just were!!! Should i question the legitimacy of all those wins because of rink and location? if i start listening too much to some fans i guess i'd have to.

it was'nt the ice and location for Gods sake,i watched the games!!! They were better.........geez.

The rink has a line of boards,2 nets,4 dots,a red line and 2 blues. There has to be a winner and loser.Until i see the terrain of a continent or home team fan actually have an actual hand in deciding the score i'm not going to make excuses about this stuff.

very tired stuff,i'm sorry.

espo*

Aside from the fact that Canada has won 4 WC's since 1972 without our Best...And of course we didn't even start competing at the WC's again...until ( when was it ? ) 1978 ...after a long hiatus...

Salt Lake City OG O2 was On Big ICE....wouldn't u call that a Best on Best Tourney ?

Here's the thing bLS: the excuse here is that it was in North America,not somewhere else.The big ice does'nt count for diddly in this case...........the games were in NA.We're not allowed to have top level hockey games in North America. it's a time zone and fan thing,we just have way too much of an edge big ice or not. In the interest of fairness winter games in North America have to go the way of the do-do.

To have them think we actually deserved it three things are going to have to happen 1. It has to be anywhere but North America 2.it better be on big ice 3.there better damn well not be any reffing call that is even galaxies close to be considered questionable.Actually, to have this happen the only safe way to go is to instruct the working ref in the games to give Canada exactly zero p.p's the whole tournament. actually,Canadian (and u.S too ) refs should not work any games involving any teams in any games,just plain don't have them there.The illigitimacy of them being there to do ANY games should be clear to all.

Without all three in complete alignment,don't count on much respect.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
To have them think we actually deserved it three things are going to have to happen 1. It has to be anywhere but North America 2.it better be on big ice 3.there better damn well not be any reffing call that is even galaxies close to be considered questionable.Actually, to have this happen the only safe way to go is to instruct the working ref in the games to give Canada exactly zero p.p's the whole tournament. actually,Canadian (and u.S too ) refs should not work any games involving any teams in any games,just plain don't have them there.The illigitimacy of them being there to do ANY games should be clear to all.

Without all three in complete alignment,don't count on much respect.

To counter that sardonic statement – one can also sarcastically point out the vast majority of Canadian victories have occurred when 1. they had home ice advantage 2. they were on small ice 3. they were called by Canadian refs.
Without all three in complete alignment, Canada isn’t nearly as successful.

Seriously cyclops, in no other sport is a tourney taken seriously when a team has home field advantage and hometown refs for every single game. I can honestly not think of any other international sports tournament where this is the case. Actually, in other sports steps are taken to ensure that it doesn’t happen.
However, for the CC/WC, this is how the tourney is set up and (for some people) it’s still considered a ‘legitimate’ tournament…….gimme a break.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon

Right I had forgotten the '02 Olympics were on the big ice for some reason I guess having it North America made me think NHL sized rinks. But I was referring specifically to the Worlds as someone had asked about teams from the Worlds.

Also I think 1977 was when Canada reentered the international hockey world. But as we all know sending teams to the IIHF tournaments still meant not sending the best until the 1998 Nagano Olympics.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Seriously cyclops, in no other sport is a tourney taken seriously when a team has home field advantage and hometown refs for every single game. I can honestly not think of any other international sports tournament where this is the case. Actually, in other sports steps are taken to ensure that it doesn’t happen.

Not to argue with you, but the World Baseball Classic was a taken seriously by all parties involved. All games involving the US were held in the US, with US Minor League umpires doing the games. As well the first round in Japan has Japanese umpires doing all the games. Steps were not done to ensure that this didn't happen, as MLB and NPB forced the use of professional umpires and those were all that were available.

But you're right that most of the sports that hold international tournaments attempt to make sure at least one of the officials is not from a country playing. Though, when the Iron Curtain was still up, that did mean that Warsaw Pact countries tended to favor (or were told how to call games) the Soviets. You only have to look at the '72 Olympic basketball tournament or even to a lesser extent games 5-8 of the '72 Summit Series for indications of that.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
All of the IIHF's World Champ's Tourneys have been played on Euro ICe...Canada has never had a single Home game , since it has Never Hosted the WC's ...

Likewise the vast majority of OG's have been played on Big ICe...BUT ...Who says it MUST ALWAYS BE SO...U EUROS EH ? So Who do u think u are ...Master's of the Entire Hockey WOrld ...The IIHF is supposed to be a Global Body...last time I checked... not a strictly Euro governing body ( as it has so often seemed in the past )...The IIHF Already Agreed to playing 2010 on Small Ice...

Those R THE RULES...Same Rule for EveryBody...Ergo...

KWITCHER*****IN !!

For the tenth time: this was about best-on-best tourneys, not World Championship tourneys. Why do you keep dragging them into the discussion beats me.

Cyclops: name one instance where I've complained and whined about game results. That is not something that I do. On the contrary, this is a matter of principles and not about past results.

The Olympic tourneys need to be on big ice BECAUSE THE REST OF THE WORLD PLAYS ON BIG ICE. Also, there's already the homer tourney of Canada/World Cup that uses small rinks among all the other advantages. Why in the bloody hell would both best-on-best tourneys (i.e. Olympics and World Cup) need to be conducted using NHL standards such as small rinks? It's only fair to have one tourney of each kind in my opinion. Especially as NHL refs have been used in the Olympics since 1998. If you guys can't understand this viewpoint then I'm done with you for good.

espo*

For the tenth time: this was about best-on-best tourneys, not World Championship tourneys. Why do you keep dragging them into the discussion beats me.

Cyclops: name one instance where I've complained and whined about game results. That is not something that I do. On the contrary, this is a matter of principles and not about past results.

The Olympic tourneys need to be on big ice BECAUSE THE REST OF THE WORLD PLAYS ON BIG ICE. Also, there's already the homer tourney of Canada/World Cup that uses small rinks among all the other advantages. Why in the bloody hell would both best-on-best tourneys (i.e. Olympics and World Cup) need to be conducted using NHL standards such as small rinks? It's only fair to have one tourney of each kind in my opinion. Especially as NHL refs have been used in the Olympics since 1998. If you guys can't understand this viewpoint then I'm done with you for good.

The rest of the world? the rest of the world has about as much chance of winning gold in the olympics as the man in the moon does.Who cares about the big ice other then teams like Latvia? the fact is there are truly 7 teams with a realisitic chance of winning that tournnament and it isn't Latvia.You guys all play the small ice all the time now.If you lose because it was on small ice please don't haul out any sour grapes for me.............it's a cop out and i recognize it as exactly that. We have small rinks over here and it's great hockey and it's 100% legitimate so why not have them on that ice? to please Belarus? Suck it up and come and play hockey guys,don't cry.we don't cry about the world championships and we've won it more then once.If you play great hockey in vancouver you'll have a good chance of winning plain and simple. I don't want any big ice -small ice complaints........it's a total cop-out.We did'nt complain that the previous olympics were on big ice (which we never play on except in rare circumstances)

If we want to have them on small ice we'll do it and there should'nt be any bickering for the sake of lol......Kazackastan!! That's not what the complaint is about any way,it's just a ploy.It really has to do with the fact that it increases the degree of difficulty and familiarity for the North American clubs.

cop out city!!! it has nothing to do with altruism for the other countries at all and i recognize it as such.I can't wait for small hockey at the olympics and you should be geared up too.....it's going to make for better and far more intense games,hockey like it's meant to be played. The only thing you should be worried about is whether your team is going to be able to handle it and meet the skill and intensity other teams are going to bring because that is the only thing that is going to matter. that's all i'm concerned about like any other tournament when my team plays in it.

Vancouver is going to be a celebration of the game in it's very best sense,sit back and enjoy.Don't make excuses or waste anyones time with that it should be on big ice jazz.

espo*

To counter that sardonic statement – one can also sarcastically point out the vast majority of Canadian victories have occurred when 1. they had home ice advantage 2. they were on small ice 3. they were called by Canadian refs.
Without all three in complete alignment, Canada isn’t nearly as successful.

However, for the CC/WC, this is how the tourney is set up and (for some people) it’s still considered a ‘legitimate’ tournament…….gimme a break.

The interest to have the tournaments in Canada was there,what can i say? We should have held the canada cups in Mongolia for unbias purposes to please you guys and then no-one makes any money? The reason the worlds are held in Europe (go figure!!) is that the top interest in it is in europe.We've won that tournament though..........are you saying unless you can only play totally on your turf and terms the europeans are not capable of doing the same? The Canada cup and World cup isn't stuck in the middle of a pro hockey season and allows every team to bring their best players (even the olympics has failed at that over the years,ask Slovakia) it's about as fair and legitimate as you can possibly hope for when it comes to international hockey.Teams get a chance to bring their best,prepare and come together as a team.

Overall you just have'nt been very successful at it against us through the years and that's your teams fault.Play better and you'll win,like in 81 and the U.S in 95!!

It's a cop -out zine,kids stuff.

All anyone who is a real fan wants everyone to do is to just shut up and Play hockey!!! bring your best players and compete,it's easy.

toastman344*

Zine :

Hmmm let's see ...off the top of my head I can think of 5 Canadian Men's gold Medal Victories...4 World Champs...What was if 94, 97 ...03 , 04 is that right ? All IIHF Ice, IIHF refs/rules + In Europe...Likewise OG 02 was IIHF Ice and Played in Salt Lake City Utah...Which Last Time I Checked was a Long Way from Canada...

The 1972 game 6,7,8...Victories were ALL in Moscow too eh? + Our Jr's have won tons of Golds Overseas...& Usually with our top 5-6 u20 kids still in the NHL

Zine Ur Just Blowin Smoke !

The Olympic tourneys NEED TO BE on big ice BECAUSE THE REST OF THE WORLD PLAYS ON BIG ICE.

Well, most of the players play for their living in small ive surface, so that is not a problem.Anyway ,I can still see the point your making

What point is he making ?...The OG has almost always been played on Big Ice...Which we Canucks were willing to accept no problem...So finally, it gets played on small ice ( ONE TIME ) and u Euros all whine like a bunch of school girls...

The Whole world does NOT play on Big Ice ...In Canada and the US the game is played on small ice...and for 2010 OG the IIHF has already agreed to an NHL sized surface...Frankly, I'm tired of the Euro domination of the IIHF...With Canada traditionally being given the shaft by that Eurocentric old boyz club... going back for decades...at least since the days of B. Ahearne or whatever his name was

If it has to always be ur way or the Highway....then let's bust up this defunctional marriage and be done with it ...See how ur Euro-ruled-IIHF tourneys do without the NA input/$/NHL players etc...

Let those Swiss Watchmakers who run the show over there ...Keep their so called INTERNATIONAL ihf

CHEERS

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
The rest of the world? the rest of the world has about as much chance of winning gold in the olympics as the man in the moon does.Who cares about the big ice other then teams like Latvia? the fact is there are truly 7 teams with a realisitic chance of winning that tournnament and it isn't Latvia.You guys all play the small ice all the time now.If you lose because it was on small ice please don't haul out any sour grapes for me.............it's a cop out and i recognize it as exactly that. We have small rinks over here and it's great hockey and it's 100% legitimate so why not have them on that ice? to please Belarus? Suck it up and come and play hockey guys,don't cry.we don't cry about the world championships and we've won it more then once.If you play great hockey in vancouver you'll have a good chance of winning plain and simple. I don't want any big ice -small ice complaints........it's a total cop-out.We did'nt complain that the previous olympics were on big ice (which we never play on except in rare circumstances)

If we want to have them on small ice we'll do it and there should'nt be any bickering for the sake of lol......Kazakastan!! That's not what the complaint is about any way,it's just a ploy.It really has to do with the fact that it increases the degree of difficulty and familiarity for the North American clubs.

cop out city!!! it has nothing to do with altruism for the other countries at all and i recognize it as such.I can't wait for small hockey at the olympics and you should be geared up too.....it's going to make for better and far more intense games,hockey like it's meant to be played. The only thing you should be worried about is whether your team is going to be able to handle it and meet the skill and intensity other teams are going to bring because that is the only thing that is going to matter. that's all i'm concerned about like any other tournament when my team plays in it.

Vancouver is going to be a celebration of the game in it's very best sense,sit back and enjoy.Don't make excuses or waste anyones time with that it should be on big ice jazz.

Players of every country in the world except two (Canada and US) learn to play hockey and start their pro careers in hockey on the big ice. You want to dismiss that? Why should it be ok to bend Olympic hockey rules just to please the needs of only two countries? I'm sorry but I just fail to see how that makes sense. Especially when there already is a best-on-best tourney that is crafted based on the traditions of those two countries. This is not a ploy and not a cop out. It's simply a matter of principle but apparently that's an alien thought for you. Sports is supposed to be about fair play and equal opportunity.

P.S. Remember Switzerland in the last Olympics and Belorussia in 2002? You might do yourself a favor by refreshing your memory a bit about those before bashing countries outside the big seven.

toastman344*

BTW Zine its kinda hard for Canada to win a WC's on Home Ice...When we've never been afforded the opportunity to host one in its entire ( what is it ? ) 100 hundred year existence ( at least prior to 2008 )

As for Best vs. Best Tourneys...There have only been 3 in the History of the OG's...Although Our Amateurs historically, have certainly done themselves proud in both the OG's and WC's ...irrespective of venue...

Of course, we have won the lion share of Canada/World Cups...BUT...Beyond this + Recent OG's... there really haven't been any Best on Best Tourneys...to speak of...Arguably...U might add 1972 to that list...But that's about it...

espo*

Players of every country in the world except two (Canada and US) learn to play hockey and start their pro careers in hockey on the big ice. You want to dismiss that? Why should it be ok to bend Olympic hockey rules just to please the needs of only two countries? I'm sorry but I just fail to see how that makes sense. Especially when there already is a best-on-best tourney that is crafted based on the traditions of those two countries. This is not a ploy and not a cop out. It's simply a matter of principle but apparently that's an alien thought for you. Sports is supposed to be about fair play and equal opportunity.

P.S. Remember Switzerland in the last Olympics and Belorussia in 2002? You might do yourself a favor by refreshing your memory a bit about those before bashing countries outside the big seven.

Fair play alien to me? this coming from a Euro fan who has had the privledge to watch every single world chapimionships played on Euro ice with your rules!! How can you guys possibly try to make out like you're some honourable do gooders to fans here? The basic fact is European hockey playing countries are like anywhere else.....if they can bend the games to their way of doing things they will.Please spare me the "in the interest of fairness stuff" also.....please remind me of what medals and more specifically gold medals, both Belarus and the Swiss won in those two tournaments? anyone can win a single game (and they can do it on small ice too!!) lack of resect ? no......just telling it like it is.You willing to lay your life savings on Belarus gold in the future? lOl.......did'nt think so.

The games in Vancouver will be played on the small ice and the Finns and anyone that matters are VERY used to it. Hockey is hockey.

Spare me the b.s altruistic motives you're trying to pawn off on me here. They have to do with what you're accusing officials here of doing.......giving your team a percieved edge,you want the big ice because you damn well know we are'nt used to it.But we've played on big ice before and won on it,i don't cry about it,you might want to start doing the same in regards to games held and played on small ice and noton the continent of Europe.

Not that it matters if they are played on big ice or small ice in North America anyway,we already have found that out in Salt Lake.If the games in Vancouver were held on big ice and we win...........you'll say it was because it was in Vancouver!! The games people play to soften failure....................it's for losers IMO.

Come to play,be ready to play........................and play.That's it

The small ice will have absolutely zero influence on whether European teams are able to win and you know it, At least be honest about that.

YMB29

Sep 25, 2006
There is nothing about that tournament that gives Canada an UNFAIR advantage whatsoever bouciat.It's an international tournament where all the best players get to compete.
Nothing except the referees, rules, home ice...

The Canada cup and World cup isn't stuck in the middle of a pro hockey season and allows every team to bring their best players (even the olympics has failed at that over the years,ask Slovakia) it's about as fair and legitimate as you can possibly hope for when it comes to international hockey.Teams get a chance to bring their best, prepare and come together as a team.
:biglaugh:
You are still in denial.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Fair play alien to me? this coming from a Euro fan who has had the privledge to watch every single world chapimionships played on Euro ice with your rules!! How can you guys possibly try to make out like you're some honourable do gooders to fans here? The basic fact is European hockey playing countries are like anywhere else.....if they can bend the games to their way of doing things they will.Please spare me the "in the interest of fairness stuff" also.....please remind me of what medals and more specifically gold medals, both Belarus and the Swiss won in those two tournaments? anyone can win a single game (and they can do it on small ice too!!) lack of resect ? no......just telling it like it is.You willing to lay your life savings on Belarus gold in the future? lOl.......did'nt think so.

The games in Vancouver will be played on the small ice and the Finns and anyone that matters are VERY used to it. Hockey is hockey.

Spare me the b.s altruistic motives you're trying to pawn off on me here. They have to do with what you're accusing officials here of doing.......giving your team a percieved edge,you want the big ice because you damn well know we are'nt used to it.But we've played on big ice before and won on it,i don't cry about it,you might want to start doing the same in regards to games held and played on small ice and noton the continent of Europe.

Not that it matters if they are played on big ice or small ice in North America anyway,we already have found that out in Salt Lake.If the games in Vancouver were held on big ice and we win...........you'll say it was because it was in Vancouver!! The games people play to soften failure....................it's for losers IMO.

Come to play,be ready to play........................and play.That's it

The small ice will have absolutely zero influence on whether European teams are able to win and you know it, At least be honest about that.

I haven't been talking about World Championships at all, yet you drag them into discussion constantly. The talk was about BEST-ON-BEST hockey tournaments. So unless you consider World Championships to be best-on-best (I don't), quit talking about them.

Another piece of advice. You may want to stop contradicting yourself (see bolded parts) as it makes it very difficult for readers to know which it is that you think: big ice gives advantage to European teams or it doesn't. Right now you're saying that both options are true....rather impossible.

Be happy with the format of the World Cup of hockey and let the Olympics be as they are.

espo*

I haven't been talking about World Championships at all, yet you drag them into discussion constantly. The talk was about BEST-ON-BEST hockey tournaments. So unless you consider World Championships to be best-on-best (I don't), quit talking about them.

Another piece of advice. You may want to stop contradicting yourself (see bolded parts) as it makes it very difficult for readers to know which it is that you think: big ice gives advantage to European teams or it doesn't. Right now you're saying that both options are true....rather impossible.

Be happy with the format of the World Cup of hockey and let the Olympics be as they are.
I know the worlds are'nt best on best (though have still been pointed out by you and others to show the greatness of Soviet teams long past) I'm pointing them out because they are a clear example of how european hockey officials and teams are more then capable of using tournaments they can control to have things as they like them,and they do it every year in good conscience too!!.So please spare me the 'in the interest of fairness you dastardly Canadians". This is difficult for you to understand? if you want to cry about fairness you should'nt have a problem about points to be made concerning european historical "fairness" by the european hockey clique.or does hearing about it just make you too uncomfortable? Now this kind of stuff is o.k because it isn't a best on best? I won't even go into the snow job the Soviets used to pull AT THE OLYMPICS for years and years with their ahem......... amateurs. I know that would be too much for you so i won't go there.

Aah....the noble european hockey establishment!! we so love them here with all their enlightened benevolence. Salt of the earth they are!!

Also,i'm not saying both arguments are true.i'm saying you think they are true,hence,the reason why there is such a fuss over having them on big ice.Personally,i don't give a damn what ice they play them on as long as they play them,you should'nt either!!

Get it?

You're a good writer bouciat but not so good that you can try to make things sound unclear when they are'nt.

Bottom line,come to play hockey.........leave the crybabying at home.Like i said,It's 2 nets with 2 goalies and five players aside with a red line and two blue lines.It isn't like the North American rink size calls for asking you to play with only 3 skaters.

All you're doing here is setting up a cop out should a team not from europe not have the stuff to take home the bacon.

If you can't just go out and compete and play hockey then maybe you should'nt send a team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->