Your Top 10 for the 2020 NHL Draft

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I’ve been way behind this year with the prospects of this draft, so I would like to see all of your Top 10 prospects lists. I currently don’t have one but maybe after awhile I’ll post mine in here too. :thumbu:

Here we go
1 Lafreniere
2 Byfield
3 Stutzle
4 Raymond
5 Drysdale
6 Holtz
7 Rossi
8 Sanderson
9 Askarov
10 Lundell.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Thoughts on why Byfield dropped to 5 and Raymond to 9?
I just think that Byfields game is still a but raw and has a lot to learn. I also think his draft position is over hyped purely because of his size. He is a great skater and very strong but his overall game still needs a bit of work for e.g. His game away from the puck needs work as he doesnt utilise himself enough to create space and use his frame to bully people. Also, I feel that other players have really stood out massively this year and have propelled themselves into draft positions which no one would have predicted and this is hard to ignore.

As for Raymond, I was extremely high on him coming into this season. He has a great work rate and explosiveness but he is quite weak and feel that he hasn't really done much to propel his game to the next level. I think that his low ice time will have been a contributor to this and that will hurt his draft stock. Based on this, I feel that Holtz has overtaken him as the best Swedish prospect going into the draft.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I just think that Byfields game is still a but raw and has a lot to learn. I also think his draft position is over hyped purely because of his size. He is a great skater and very strong but his overall game still needs a bit of work for e.g. His game away from the puck needs work as he doesnt utilise himself enough to create space and use his frame to bully people. Also, I feel that other players have really stood out massively this year and have propelled themselves into draft positions which no one would have predicted and this is hard to ignore.

As for Raymond, I was extremely high on him coming into this season. He has a great work rate and explosiveness but he is quite weak and feel that he hasn't really done much to propel his game to the next level. I think that his low ice time will have been a contributor to this and that will hurt his draft stock. Based on this, I feel that Holtz has overtaken him as the best Swedish prospect going into the draft.
I think only 2 players to play in the NHL next year is Laf and Byfield. Ill prob take Byfield if I land 2nd in my draft based off his size and I think he's ready for the NHL might need little work but I believe he can work on that in the NHL or worst case 1 more year and hes up for sure.
I was little low on Raymond myself but u gotta take the fact that he's playing like 4th line mins on basically the best SHL team in the league. if he was in the OHL he would have god like numbers imo. I think he still placed ahead of Holtz.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I think only 2 players to play in the NHL next year is Laf and Byfield. Ill prob take Byfield if I land 2nd in my draft based off his size and I think he's ready for the NHL might need little work but I believe he can work on that in the NHL or worst case 1 more year and hes up for sure.
I was little low on Raymond myself but u gotta take the fact that he's playing like 4th line mins on basically the best SHL team in the league. if he was in the OHL he would have god like numbers imo. I think he still placed ahead of Holtz.
Ye, im just a little higher on other players than Byfield but its only my opinion.

Whoever takes him is getting a stud so im really excited for this draft as there are a lot of players which look to be top end talents.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Not sure about Byfield, he needs 1 more year at juniors, better college. Stutzle already among adults and successful, he is NHL ready.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad