Your top 10 for 2011 as of January

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Just wondering what everyone's top 10 list currently looks like as of January.

Will be interesting to see down the road in the future. ISS as well as Central and Bob's list should be out soon as well.

1. G Landeskog
2. S Couturier
3. RNH
4. R Murphy
5. A Larsson
6. R Strome
7. D Hamilton
8. J Huberdeau
9. D Siemens
10. J Armia

HM: B Saad, Puempul, Clendening, Ambroz, Namestnikov, Jenner, Rask, Baerstchi, Rattie, Musil, Trocheck, Prince, Beaulieu,

Ryan Strome to me is one player to keep an eye on. I think he has top 5 potential if a team falls in love with his potential. He gets my vote as this years Seguin as a player that seemingly comes out of nowhere and rockets up the charts...

Huberdeau is another forward from the Q that hasn't gotten a lot of attention but deserves recognition.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
I just think its funny how there are 13 honorable mentions :P landeskog at 1 is a little bold but I like the list.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just think its funny how there are 13 honorable mentions :P landeskog at 1 is a little bold but I like the list.

lol, ya I never counted the HM's. I merely began throwing out a bunch of names that will get first round consideration. I could have added others such as Jensen and McNeill etc.

I made a thread a couple of months ago that I would take Landeskog #1 overall. I'm sticking to my guns for now anyways...

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
1. Sean Couturier
2. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
3. Adam Larsson
4. Gabriel Landeskog
5. Ryan Murphy
6. Jonathan Huberdeau
7. Ryan Strome
8. Matt Puempel
9. Brandon Saad
10. Dougie Hamilton

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
1-Adam Larsson Def
2-Sean Couturier C
3-Ryan Nugent-Hopkins C
4-Gabriel Landeskog C/W
5-Ryan Murphy Def
6-Ryan Strome C
7-Duncan Siemens Def
8-Jonathan Huberdeau C/W
9-Brandon Saad W
10-Dougie Hamilton Def

KingJet*

1. RNH
2. St. Croix (My Opinion, not hype)
3. Strome
4. Huberdeau
5. Landeskog
6. Siemens
7. Larsson
8. Hamilton
9. Bartschi
10. Couturier

I know it looks mest, BUT ITS MY OPINION, people think I hype Stixy but I don't, I just think hes sick

BobbyRyan9

Let's Go Bruins!
May 26, 2008
1. Adam Larsson (3)
2. Sean Couturier (15+)
3. Gabriel Landeskog (1)
4. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (1)
5. Brandon Saad (1)
6. Ryan Murphy (1)
7. Duncan Siemens (2)
8. Ryan Strome (0)
9. Jonthan Huberdeau (3)
10. Sven Bartschi (1)

HM: Hamilton (0), Musil (1), Puempel (0), Rattie (2), St. Croix (1), Jurco (2)

I put the number of viewings in parentheses. Obviously I shouldn't even be ranking some of these guys, but these lists are just for fun.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
1. Adam Larsson (3)
2. Sean Couturier (15+)
3. Gabriel Landeskog (1)
4. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (1)
5. Brandon Saad (1)
6. Ryan Murphy (1)
7. Duncan Siemens (2)
8. Ryan Strome (0)
9. Jonthan Huberdeau (3)
10. Sven Bartschi (1)

HM: Hamilton[ (0), Musil (1), Puempel (0), Rattie (2), St. Croix (1), Jurco (2)

I put the number of viewings in parentheses. Obviously I shouldn't even be ranking some of these guys, but these lists are just for fun.

edit nvm

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
1. Larsson
2. Couturier
3. Landeskog
4. Nugent-Hopkins
5. Murphy
6. Strome
7. Huberdeau
8. Hamilton
9. Saad
10. Siemens

HM
Musil
Rask
Puempul

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
1. RNH
3. Strome
4. Huberdeau
5. Landeskog
6. Siemens
7. Larsson
8. Hamilton
9. Bartschi
10. Couturier

I know it looks mest, BUT ITS MY OPINION, people think I hype Stixy but I don't, I just think hes sick

LOL, trying to be "different"?

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Who would have guessed last year that Fowler and Gormley would not be in the top 10? Funny things can happen at the draft.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
1. RNH
3. Strome
4. Huberdeau
5. Landeskog
6. Siemens
7. Larsson
8. Hamilton
9. Bartschi
10. Couturier

I guess that's why you aren't a scout lol.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
RNH is way too high on too many rankings BECAUSE I suspect Mark McNeill is now the better pro prospect of the WHL forward crop;RNH has 50 pts in 39GP McNeill has 48 pts in 44GP --BUT RNH has onl 10 goals--MCNEIL has 24 goals -he is also a lot bigger -this is not to suggest that all smaler centres can't impact as NHl'ers--some do--BUT the odds are stacked against smaller centres who are only assists guys in jr. --IF you are small at centre you had better score some goals and be "thick" --neither of which is RNH--therfore I'm very skeptical of projecting big NHL success for him..MEANWHILE MCNEIL has been "rising" in the rankings all season-now i think he sHOULD be ranked ahead of RNH...Another factor is the strength of teams and support casts around them ---RED DEER has 55 pts Prince Albert has 38 pts--the support cast is deeper/beter in red deer for RNH than what McNeil has to play with... THERFORE consideri ng everything -one should rank McNeill now ahead of RNH -- if you still think RNH is that good THEN MCNEIL should be way up in the top ten too --head of RNH...OR if you think MCNEILL is "only" about a mid-first pick,tHEN that means RNH should drop to about 20..Either way RNH is way too high on too many lists. 10 goals is a joke from a "conensus" top 3-5 forward -therfore he should not e"conensused" that high.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
RNH is way too high on too many rankings BECAUSE I suspect Mark McNeill is now the better pro prospect of the WHL forward crop;RNH has 50 pts in 39GP McNeill has 48 pts in 44GP --BUT RNH has onl 10 goals--MCNEIL has 24 goals -he is also a lot bigger -this is not to suggest that all smaler centres can't impact as NHl'ers--some do--BUT the odds are stacked against smaller centres who are only assists guys in jr. --IF you are small at centre you had better score some goals and be "thick" --neither of which is RNH--therfore I'm very skeptical of projecting big NHL success for him..MEANWHILE MCNEIL has been "rising" in the rankings all season-now i think he sHOULD be ranked ahead of RNH...Another factor is the strength of teams and support casts around them ---RED DEER has 55 pts Prince Albert has 38 pts--the support cast is deeper/beter in red deer for RNH than what McNeil has to play with... THERFORE consideri ng everything -one should rank McNeill now ahead of RNH -- if you still think RNH is that good THEN MCNEIL should be way up in the top ten too --head of RNH...OR if you think MCNEILL is "only" about a mid-first pick,tHEN that means RNH should drop to about 20..Either way RNH is way too high on too many lists. 10 goals is a joke from a "conensus" top 3-5 forward -therfore he should not e"conensused" that high.

1. You shouldnt rely strictly on stats for prospects. RNH is a very talented forward, who, IMO, would be a NHLer if he maxed out his potential.

2. Stop with the .... and create normal sentences/paragraphs, it would be MUCH easier to read.

anjoo

Feb 2, 2009
Vancouver
www.linkedin.com
1. RNH
3. Strome
4. Huberdeau
5. Landeskog
6. Siemens
7. Larsson
8. Hamilton
9. Bartschi
10. Couturier

I looked at your list and saw your avatar and proceeded to do a face palm :facepalm:
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I am glad you don't scout for the Oilers.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

Is there a comparison to be made on RNH and Kyle Turris?
Similar in size during draft years.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Is there a comparison to be made on RNH and Kyle Turris?
Similar in size during draft years.

Similar in talent also. Just too bad Turris got drafted by the Yotes...they are destroying their prospects: Turris, Boedker, Tikhonov and OEL was sent down this year after starting the season in the NHL, then got called back, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad