Your Thought On Kostitsyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

I think alot of people on these boards go by what they read only.Look at the kid.Big deal if he's not racking up the big points in the 'A' this season!I would think he's still learning NA hockey,wouldn't you?He's in the process of learning the defensive side of the game.You know a player that has only been used for offense for the balance of his career is coming to a league where you need a defensive style as well.He also couldn't speak a word of english soming to NA last summer.Wouldn't that make it more of a challenge to someone from a foreign country?And also i'm reading that he couldn't make the super league in Russia.Well this is also the team that was screwing Zherdev if i'm not mistaken during the same time.Andrei was from Belarus on a stacked Moscow team.Playing 4th line minutes for a sniper does not advance your development.So he was moved to the upper league for 14 games and completely dominated.Ask Chipchura how poor of a plyer he thinks a learning Kostitsyn is.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Mr.Brownov said:
I think alot of people on these boards go by what they read only.Look at the kid.Big deal if he's not racking up the big points in the 'A' this season!I would think he's still learning NA hockey,wouldn't you?He's in the process of learning the defensive side of the game.You know a player that has only been used for offense for the balance of his career is coming to a league where you need a defensive style as well.He also couldn't speak a word of english soming to NA last summer.Wouldn't that make it more of a challenge to someone from a foreign country?And also i'm reading that he couldn't make the super league in Russia.Well this is also the team that was screwing Zherdev if i'm not mistaken during the same time.Andrei was from Belarus on a stacked Moscow team.Playing 4th line minutes for a sniper does not advance your development.So he was moved to the upper league for 14 games and completely dominated.Ask Chipchura how poor of a plyer he thinks a learning Kostitsyn is.

Exactly, good to hear this argument from someone else for a change...that's why I say he's done pretty well in the AHL this year considering all the adjustments he's had to make...and like you said, Chipchura, who played vs. Kostitsyn at last years U-18 said he was the best player he's faced all year

bruins4777*

417 TO MTL said:
I realize that, but I thought such comments would of caused an uproar here, what's crazy though is that Kostitsyn 1st played in the WJC's as a 15 yr old, that's crazy when you think about it :eek:
More impressive is guy's like bouwmeester and spezza making it as 16 year olds on a stacked team canada.

Its impressive what kostisyn has done, but look at belarus i mean come on.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
bruins4777 said:
More impressive is guy's like bouwmeester and spezza making it as 16 year olds on a stacked team canada.

Its impressive what kostisyn has done, but look at belarus i mean come on.

I realize that, but playing for your country at 15yrs old is still a feat if you ask me, it shows that your a pretty talented player no matter where you come from

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Philip J. Fry said:
Hainsey, Hossa, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Higgins, Kostitsyn, Chipchura in that order... NA, Euro, Na, Euro, NA, Euro, Na... Isn't that exactly what I said; drafting a euro with every other first round pick...

And what exactly is the problem with that? Seems like a good balance to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad