• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I'm taking the best offer by the freeze. His value wont go up anymore, and I feel it would look bad to insert him back in the lineup

Reactions: lauraP and 780il

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I can't see how much the situation changes between now and late February in terms of getting better return. If anything you might see less bidders as the amount of teams interested drops as some current bidders drift too far out of a playoff race. If there's decent offers now you should take one.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm taking the best offer by the freeze. His value wont go up anymore, and I feel it would look bad to insert him back in the lineup

I agree it "would look bad" but that shouldn't be the deciding factor.

If you're happy with an offer - take it. If value is low - wait and play him again.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'd just sit him til he's traded. Hi value isn't going to change at all, he's already missed significant time last year and has proven he can come back and be effective. The line is clearly drawn in the sand that they will be trading him, as well as the Devils not having a hope for this year, so take your time and get the right deal. It's too risky to play him and risk an injury when it's this obvious he's getting traded.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
My question is, why start sitting him in the first place if you didn't have a good enough offer yet?

Because now that it's clear that he's absolutely going to be traded, all that playing him does is expose the risk of injury which could monumentally impact the return.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So if you were the Devils GM, and rn you are not getting the offers for Hall that you want what do you do?
I thought sitting him was an acknowledgement that they were getting close enough - that they ARE getting the offers they wanted, or at least had acceptable frameworks in hand already? Now all they maybe are doing is they are just trying to run up a couple bidders against eachother. But otherwise they already have an acceptable offer on the table.

So I already have an offer I liked enough to sit Hall... so I take it. Right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad