Speculation: Your Team's Waiver Vulnerable Players

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Just want to take a survey on the kind of players who are likely to be available to be exposed to waivers this year. What decent but disposable players will your team likely be exposing at this point in time?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The Devils are going to have to waive a goalie, both Keith Kinkaid and Scott Wedgewood require waivers to get sent to the AHL and there's only one spot on the roster.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Jordan Weal.

And Brandon Manning, although most of us would be very happy if he got claimed.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
[MOD]

For the Canucks, probably 2 of Etem, Granlund, and Zalewski up front. Unless the Canucks send Virtanen down, or risk losing Rodin to another team or him leaving for Sweden mutually agreed upon if he doesn't make the club. Zalewski is pretty much guaranteed to be waived, leaving one other player to be sent down.

On d, 1 of Biega, Pedan, Larsen unless they risk sending down Tryamkin and him terminating his contract to go back to Russia as was mutually agreed upon if he is not in the NHL. Most likely Biega is waived

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
For the Rangers: Hrivik, Jensen, and Clendening

Still dont get the Clendening signing.

If I recall, the only person traded more than him in the past year and a half is Arcobello

Just no one seems to like this guy enough to hold on to him more than a few months

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
For the Flames

Tyler Wotherspoon (Has a good chance at being the 6/7 guy)
Freddie Hamilton (Will be battling for 4th line/13/14th forward)
Linden Vey (Most likely will be battling for 4th line/13/14th forward)
Alex Chiasson (If he has a bad camp, will be given a solid chance at making the team either way because hes a RW)

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
:habs

Matteau, Redmond, Condon (if not traded), Samuelsson, Friberg.

If one of Hudon, McCarron, or De La Rose start in Montreal then Flynn or Terry might be exposed.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Preds will protect four d-men which will leave either Colin Wilson or Craig Smith exposed. Jarnkrok will also be exposed.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I'd really like it if the Leafs waited out the waiver period to get their backup goalie. There are going to be some decent options that will be cheap and the Leafs have 1st spot in terms of waiver priority. I'm also sure Lou would love to grab either one of those NJ 'tenders.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Preds will protect four d-men which will leave either Colin Wilson or Craig Smith exposed. Jarnkrok will also be exposed.

...Hehh.... talking about waivers, not expansion.

No way in hell Craig Smith gets on waivers :)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Warsofsky is the only guy the Pens could lose to waivers. I don't see guys like Porter getting claimed and most of the Penguins depth players are young and don't require waivers yet.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Unless there are some roster moves, right now it looks like the Blues will have to place at least 2 of the following 3 guys on waivers.

Landon Ferraro
Magnus Paajarvi
Ty Rattie

Dmitrij Jaskin is also waiver eligible but he'd have to be pretty bad in camp to not make the team.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014

My bad- read the thread wrong.

For waivers, Ribeiro is a possibility. Disappointing end of season and playoffs (scratched a couple of games), and only 1 year remaining on deal. If Kamanev has a good pre-season, Ribs could be waived.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
From :bruins I'd say Colin Miller, Joe Morrow and Seth Griffith are the likely candidates. Maybe you see Tyler Randell if the team tries to sneak him down early. I'd bet at least 3/4(possibly Randell) would be claimed if placed on waivers, so I'm hoping for a trade of some sort.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Eligible or exposed?

In PIT here's those that would need to clear. However those that will actually get sent down are nothing special.

Sheary, Kuhnhackl, Rust (all 3 are expected to remain with the big club).

The rest likely to hit waivers:
Porter, Warsofsky, Percey, Erixon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->