Your Team's Playoff Chances After the First Month

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I'd say 30-40%, I'm optimistic but injuries or a prolonged cold streak from guys like Domi and Drouin could sink us

member 298589

Toronto - 80% chance. I would rate higher but an injury to a player like Tavares or Rielly would really derail our first half of the season at this point.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Lightning: 99% lol. Miracles happen but there’s no way this team should miss the playoffs and they are currently playing good hockey.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
I still believe in Rangers. I have watched every game and they have been all very tight battles and small bounces have decided them. I think Rangers's record does not tell the whole truth about how they have been playing. I stay still pretty optimistic and say 30%.

And btw Lundqvist has been great! And has been previous seasons pretty good too. Does not help that the defence gives up high danger chances more than most defences. So save% does no tell the whole truth.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Flyers, 50-50. Annual slow start, check. Now things will probably get worse in November, before we get hot in December. What happens after that will decide it.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
Flames will be in if they get league average goaltending. Unfortunately, that is looking like a toss up at this point.

Roster d-f is solid though.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'll give the Flames 60-40. LA is absolutely f***ed, and Anaheim looks done as well. Don't think Vancouver is good enough this year, but Arizona is starting to look legit. I always had Edmonton contending for the playoffs, so I think its gonna be a race between us, Edmonton, Arizona, and Vegas (if they get it together) for 2nd and 3rd in the pacific.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Wild.....
Central Division is very strong top to bottom. Anyone could qualify, and only Nashville is basically assured of making it (Yes, I think Winnipeg could finish 6th). Since it's likely that 5 of 7 qualify, and St Louis is having a rough go, and hasn't fired Mike Yeo yet, that means 5 of the other 6 qualify.

75% for us.

Reactions: CROCODILE SEATS

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB is a lot better than I thought we'd be. I mean, I thought we'd be good, but we've seen significant improvements in key areas where we were weak before, most notably, the defensive lapses we used to have. It's been solved through moving Todd Richards over to coach the D, and McDonagh healthy with a full camp.

On top of that, several players have been better than expected/usual. Tyler Johnson has his speed back, Yanni Gourde might actually be BETTER than last year (many of us, myself included, thought he might come down to earth), and Brayden Point's probably going to be a superstar by year's end. Ryan McDonagh, who underwhelmed last year after the trade, has been hands-down our best player so far.

If we don't win the Atlantic, something has gone catastrophically wrong. ...So now, of course, it will.

Reactions: Allan92

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Habs

:dunno:

If we keep up the solid play and make it, great! If we fold and drop to the basement like everyone expected us to, great! It's just fun to watch all around this season. I'll give it a 50/50 shot.

Reactions: Tramux

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
I think around 40-60 with Yotes

We are finally playing well, but i think one bigger injury could totally collapse us

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Caps - 80%

Defense has been shaky and if Holtby were to go down we'd be in real trouble.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Ill help his bitter ass out.

Lehner 4-2-1 2.45 GAA .928 Sv%

Reimer 1-3-1 3.41 GAA .878 Sv%
Hutchinson 1-1-2 4.17 GAA .839 Sv%

Yea...I will gladly rely on Lehner

Lenders problem is he is a head case that can go from good goalie to beer leaguer in 1 bad call. He is not a .928 goalie over a season.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Avalanche: excellent.

Islanders: While it’s a crapshoot, Trotz/Lou/Korn >> Snow/Weight/Tavares. Who knows if they could sneak in?

They’re playing controlled hockey and being run like a pro-hockey franchise for the first time in decades.

I’ll take it.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
[mod]

We are fine losing Tavares. I would trade JT for Trotz/Lou 10 out of 10 times. Last year we had no 3rd line and no 4th line. We VASTLY improved on both of those. We improved our goaltending, our defensive system, and our all around coaching. If you don't think that nets you at least 10 more points in the standings then that's your problem. You speak like somebody who has never watched the Islanders so you probably shouldn't act like you know what you are talking about...because you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad