Your teams needs (Top 14)

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
So in your opinion what should your need should your team try to fill with their first rounder?

As a leaf fan, I do not want a defenceman or a goalie taken as we are in dire need of a very good scoring winger to go along with the playmakers in the system.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
The Canucks: first line winger, preferably centre

Targets: James Sheppard, Jiri Tlusy, Brian Little

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
-31- said:
every team needs good players and will draft accordingly.

:biglaugh: Well ya, but each team needs specific things. For example I would think Atlanta may target a defenceman or a center man. Pittsburgh may look at taking D as well to go along with their young nucleus

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
Alexander the Great said:
So in your opinion what should your need should your team try to fill with their first rounder?

As a leaf fan, I do not want a defenceman or a goalie taken as we are in dire need of a very good scoring winger to go along with the playmakers in the system.

As another Leaf fan, I don't think we will get a "very good scoring winger" - I would like to get James Sheppard, but I think he'll be off the board.

We might get Chris Stewart, he'll bring some raw power and maybe scoring to the forward line. I'm also thinking we'll take a defenceman. We may trade down to get one.

Of course, your post refers to Team Needs. Well, I think the Leafs need big, talented forwards and a big defenceman with skill and two-way ability. Just like any other team...

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
badrobot101 said:
As another Leaf fan, I don't think we will get a "very good scoring winger" - I would like to get James Sheppard, but I think he'll be off the board.

We might get Chris Stewart, he'll bring some raw power and maybe scoring to the forward line. I'm also thinking we'll take a defenceman. We may trade down to get one.

Of course, your post refers to Team Needs. Well, I think the Leafs need big, talented forwards and a big defenceman with skill and two-way ability. Just like any other team...

One of Sheppard, Tlustly, Little will most likely be there when we pick. I disagree about taking a defenceman his year because the D class this year is quite weak with Wishart and Sagunetti considered the best of the bunch with Johnson out of our reach.

Last edited:

leafaholix*

maple leafs: offensive forwards

targets: michal frolik, kyle okposo, jiri tlusty

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
One of Sheppard, Tlustly, Little will most likely be there when we pick. I disagree about taking a defenceman his year because the D class this year is quite weak with Wishart and Sagunetti considered the best of the bunch.

Wishart is probably being re-evaluated by many scouts after his disastrous U-18 tourney.

Yes, it is a weak year for D. That doesn't mean we won't take one. We probably shouldn't, but we might.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
badrobot101 said:
Wishart is probably being re-evaluated by many scouts after his disastrous U-18 tourney.

Yes, it is a weak year for D. That doesn't mean we won't take one. We probably shouldn't, but we might.

I doubt it, unless by some miracle Johnson falls to us. Unless the leafs brass believe that a top pairing defenceman could be picked which I don't think Wishart or Sagunetti will be their better off addressing the need.

Last edited:

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
I doubt it, unless by some miracle Johnson falls to us. Unless the leafs brass belirve that a top pairing defenceman could be picked which I don't think Wishart or Sagunetti will be their better off addressing the need.

If Sanguinetti is still available at 13, JFJ will definitely take him. Repeat: Definitely.

That might lead to him being fired, but I am 100% confident of it. And that doesn't mean I agree with it either...

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I'll give this one a shot:

Chicago Blackhawks:

Needs:

Speed up front
Offensive Finishers
Top end Center prospects: Preferably ones who dominate puck possession

Lower round need: An enforcer. Shocking the hawks don't have a NHL calibre goon for the first time I can ever recall.

IMO the hawks board will look like this:

1) Staal (i just have a feeling that's who they want)
2) Kessel
3) Toews
4) Mueller

(I'd probably have it Kessel, Toews, Staal based on Organization need)

Stan Bowman (director of scouting) said on a recent podcast that the hawks feel the guy they have on their board as #1 will "most likely" be available at #3. He also said its a year in which the top 3-4 teams will likely all have a different #1 on their board.

We'll see...

-fullmetalninja

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
The Caps need a 1st line center. Hmmm...of the top 5 prospects, 4 of them play center.

Perfect! :D

Staal, Backstrom, and Mueller should all be available...take your pick. I personally want Toews but that may only happen if they trade up (which is possible...just not likely)

As for other needs later in the draft.
  • Toughness on the blueline and up front
  • Goaltending
  • Skilled players for PP and PK

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Canucks

- We are in desperate need of some offensively gifted prospects. We're pretty set in goal for the future with Schneider, Ellis and Vincent plus Auld and Noronen on the big club already, and our pipeline at D looks pretty good too with Bourdon, Edler, Bieksa, Koltsov etc. waiting in the wings.

The biggest thing we lack is a true sniper that can fill the void that Naslund will leave behind once he retires or is moved to another team. We have Jason King who will one day be a decent 2nd liner but will never be a guy who will score a ton on a 1st line.

Everybody else at the forward position are depth guys with grit and work ethic that will mostly translate into 3rd liners.

So, our biggest need is to add some skill, some speed and some creativity with the puck. Ideally the guy we take is a center with size who uses it and plays physically. We've never had a true #1 Center and we were close when we drafted R.J. Umberger but everybody knows how that turned out.

With that said though, despite our obvious lack of skill in our prospect pool Dave Nonis won't go out of his way to take somebody that fits that mold. If the BPA is a defenceman or a goaltender (highly doubt he'd take a 'tender though) he'll take them.

I don't really know at this point who I would like to see the Canucks grab but my dream is Peter Mueller no matter how unrealistic that chance is. No, he's not the most physical player but he does have loads of skill and I've been very very impressed with him this season and he's been the Silvertips' best player in their series against the Giants. If Nonis can move up in the draft and take him I'd be over the moon. I'm not holding my breath though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->