NHL Entry Draft: Your Team's Needs for 2017 Draft

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Isles needs

a) finisher (Tippett, Tolvanen, Kostin)
b) best available D man (Liljergen, Valimaki, Foote, Hague)
c) BPA

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Flames;

A) RW or a center that can convert to the RW. Preferably with size.

B) BPA if there's no one there that fits. With Jankowski and Andersson soon to be graduating we lack top end prospects. Need help everywhere but goaltending.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Vancouver Needs... new management would probably help the most and we really could just use anyone with NHL skill, but our biggest needs is a 1C to replace hank, and 1D to replace... well just a 1D would be great.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Coyotes need an entertaining offensive player that can help make their games interesting. And they need to fire their coaches. So maybe Makar or Necas at 7th?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
CBJ need a playmaking C and a decent goalie prospect just because Korpisalo is a 50% chance at leaving.

Dogsgottabite

Oct 9, 2015
While the Canes have a goalie-a-year policy to build a strong pipeline, outside of the NHL I don't think that goalie is an issue. The Canes have a strong goalie pipeline and will probably take one again in the 3rd or 4th round. But...it's not really a need.

Also, I'm pretty sure that there will be a better forward on the board than Suzuki at #12...unless someone in front of the Canes goes mental and takes him super-early, he should be our worst-case scenario at #12. (I'd say an honest projection makes him the 11th-best F in this draft and about #15OA.) I'm hoping for Pettersson personally, but who knows how this draft could shape out?

Dont undersell Suzuki. That kid is a stud and has put up the numbers he has by carrying Owen Sound on his back. He'd be a total steal at #12, but my bet is he'll be gone by then.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
:leafs
1. RHD who can do a little bit of everything
2. LHD who can do a little bit of everything
3. Another centre in the organization would be nice
4. A LW for Matthews (may already have the solution internally)

In terms of need it really is the defenceman, but I have no issue with them just going BPA early on and then loading up on defence late.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
:leafs
1. RHD who can do a little bit of everything
2. LHD who can do a little bit of everything
3. Another centre in the organization would be nice
4. A LW for Matthews (may already have the solution internally)

In terms of need it really is the defenceman, but I have no issue with them just going BPA early on and then loading up on defence late.

Don't know why they couldn't just make a Nylander Matthews Marner line, it would be poison, not to mention Kadri is a great 2nd C, and Van Reismdyk can fill in the skill at Wing on that line.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
CBJ need a playmaking C and a decent goalie prospect just because Korpisalo is a 50% chance at leaving.

C is the biggest need and goalie depth is a good one also but I would also add a pure goal scorer. Bjorkstrand is the only pure goal scorer of our prospects although Dubois and Abramov to add to it a bit

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
:habs

easily centers and fowards who can put the puck in the net.

Drafting 25th wont help our situation immediatly but we could certainly add some depth in our pool.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Oilers primary need is more skilled forwards in the system, preferably right-handed.

Guys like Thomas, Suzuki and Yamamoto fits the bill. Lefties like Robertson and Strome would be most welcome as well.

Secondary need is skilled offensive defensemen, again preferably right-handed. Liljegren (if he falls) and Jokiharju are the only ones that really fit that description and who could realistically be available at the Oilers pick.

Right-handed D in general is something the Oilers are lacking both on the roster and in the system, although with Bear and Mantha (as well as Benning on the roster) it's not as much of an immediate need anymore, but Callan Foote and Conor Timmins may get looks too.

Otherwise a skilled offensive LHD like Brännström or Välimäki would work well too. Hague might be of interest if he's still around.

CT might be a guy they take. couldn't hurt and he's a good RD.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
NYR needs:

- puck-moving right handed defender
- skilled shoot-first center

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
:jets

1. BPA(We just need skill at this point)
2. Late 1st(Trade Down)- Early 2nd(Stay) Round Goalie(Oettinger*, Dipietro, Luukkonen, Skinner)
3.Future Top 6 or No.2 Centerman(Glass*, Rasmussen, Mittelstadt, Necas)
4. Future Top Line - Top 6 Winger(Pettersson*, Tippett, Vesalainen, Kostin)
5. LD(although it will be relitively useless to look for one at the draft for lack of experience)
(Liljegren, Valimaki*, Makar, Heiskanen, Brannstrom)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->