Speculation: Your team's needs at trade deadline

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would be willing to trade Jake Debrusk.
All you guys that want to trade DeBrusk better be careful that trade does not comeback and bite you in the ass.........Granted he is not playing up to what you want and need from him but just to trade him especially when his stock is low might not be the best move at this time..........I am not saying he should not be made available , but it must improve your team.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
In Ottawa we have some holes obviously,but us making a huge splash to try and fill holes at Center and on the Left side of our blueline just doesnt make sense ...We arent ready just yet

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
All you guys that want to trade DeBrusk better be careful that trade does not comeback and bite you in the ass.........Granted he is not playing up to what you want and need from him but just to trade him especially when his stock is low might not be the best move at this time..........I am not saying he should not be made available , but it must improve your team.

100%. I'm not saying trade him for a couple draft picks and a bag of pucks. However if he's part of a deal for a bigger piece that makes the team better, he's not a deal breaker.

Jon77

Feb 1, 2021
Good to trade him for equal value. Put a bundle together to get Hanifin and Bennet. Debrusk, First and One of the D guys not named Mcavoy or Carlo

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Good to trade him for equal value. Put a bundle together to get Hanifin and Bennet. Debrusk, First and One of the D guys not named Mcavoy or Carlo
No thank you , the Bruins don't need Bennet they have enough centers and enough players like him.............

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Penguins:

A 2nd, high end 3rd line W, preferably RHS that can take the shooter's role on the half wall of the PP
4th line Fs to block shots, improve the PK and chip in occasionally on the scoreboard. We have accepted that Aston-Reese - Blueger - Tanev is now our 3rd line, after a year plus of calling then a 4th line that consistently outperforms our 3rd line.

For Sale:
Our meager pool of picks: 2021 2nd, picks in 2022 including the 1st
Prospects: Poulin for a non rental, Legare, lesser players
Roster players:
- One of our LDs: Dumoulin or Pettersson, possibly Riikola. If we ever get healthy, there is a theoretical logjam there.
- McCann, assuming Zucker is back this season
- 4th line throw ins such as Scevior, Jankowski

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Needs for Vancouver:
Defensive top four D (one LHD and one RHD), physical and big players preferred.
A third line C, defensively responsible but not necessarily limited to a shutdown guy.
Future cap space.
Picks.
D and C prospects.

Available:
Virtanen
Gaudette (depending on who you ask)
Pearson (UFA, retention available)
Sutter (UFA, retention available)
Edler (UFA, NMC, and has and will flex it, retention available)
Roussel
Benn (UFA, retention available)
Hamonic (UFA, NMC for Western Canada only, retention available)
Beagle (depending on who you ask)
Eriksson
Baertschi (likely as a cap balance)

Anyone not listed would require an overpayment (from role players getting something of unequal value, to star players getting a franchise destroying return).

Not needed (between 0 value and requiring additional assets to absorb):
Long term contracts as cap dumps (cap dumps are welcome if it means getting a contract that is UFA this summer).
13th forwards/7th D that "would be top 6/4 on your team, but not on ours".
Goalies of any stripe.
Offensive/puck moving D.
Strictly offensive top 9 centers.
"Replacement players" for anyone taken in trades, we have internal replacements for almost everyone.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Would love to upgrade the 3C and forwards in general.

Granlund
Rackall
Forsberg
Pearson
Staal
Foligno
Iafallo

Would love to grab one or 2 of these guys. Forsberg is the dream but I could see us picking up Granlund as Kyle loves this player.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Danault + 2nd or Poehling for Mantha.
We're not giving up Mantha for scraps. Tatar + 1st+ would probably be the ask from Detroit, unless Caufield was available.

Ya I doubt a 2nd for Glendening solely because of the limited offense but a 3rd seems like a closer cost.

That's fair for Bertuzzi, just curious why DET would move him? I guess he will be nearing his 30s when DET is competitive again and Knight isn't going anywhere, we need his ELC to offset Bob's deal

I think that's entirely fair in regards to Knight, Bobrovsky is in a dead-heat with Price and Skinner for most unmovable contract. Even worse, all of the signing bonuses effectively mean that he can't be bought out and he has to be protected in the Expansion Draft due to his NMC. Do you think a trade (not necessarily at the deadline) for Driedger could work? Zito probably wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.

And Bert is only available for the right offer, at least that's what the The Athletic's speculation is reporting. It makes some amount of sense given that they will soon have an excess of young Wingers on the team as early as next season, if not the year after, and he very well could be 30 by the time the rebuild is over. I don't expect either Bert or Mantha to be moved for any less than a 1st + more.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think that's entirely fair in regards to Knight, Bobrovsky is in a dead-heat with Price and Skinner for most unmovable contract. Even worse, all of the signing bonuses effectively mean that he can't be bought out and he has to be protected in the Expansion Draft due to his NMC. Do you think a trade (not necessarily at the deadline) for Driedger could work? Zito probably wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.

And Bert is only available for the right offer, at least that's what the The Athletic's speculation is reporting. It makes some amount of sense given that they will soon have an excess of young Wingers on the team as early as next season, if not the year after, and he very well could be 30 by the time the rebuild is over. I don't expect either Bert or Mantha to be moved for any less than a 1st + more.

Bob has been playing better of late but will/can never justify his caphit and salary.
Tallon F'd us on that one but Dreidger and Knight can be a good succession plan for us.

As for Driedger, doubtful he's moved now as we're in a playoff spot.
I know teams will be lining up to sign him in July but think Zito will try hard to move one of Connolly/Yandle/Stralman this off season, in part to pay Drideger on a 2-3 year deal in around $3 mil per.

Gives Knight two years in AHL if need be or we can move Driedger end of next off season for assets with a year or two left, if Knight is ready.
Driedger knows Q will give the hot goalie the reigns, doesn't matter what you're paid and Driedger can showcase himself for another bigger deal if it's a 2 year deal, he'll still only be 29.

Just wishful thinking on my part but teams should be kicking tires on him, he plays well, big and calm in net, good rebound control and plays behind an okay-ish defense with FLA.

Ya I'm interested in Bert because of his play style but not interested enough to pay that asking price. He is worth that though.
FLA should move a 1st for Ekholm or defense in general.

Our offense prospects are somewhat stocked and Verhaeghe, Vatrano, Duclair types can be re-signed if need be.
Just more surprised DET would move Bert. Could be a solid vet for the team when he's into his 30s.
Depends on how close Yzerman thinks they are from competing for playoffs

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Bob has been playing better of late but will/can never justify his caphit and salary.
Tallon F'd us on that one but Dreidger and Knight can be a good succession plan for us.

As for Driedger, doubtful he's moved now as we're in a playoff spot.
I know teams will be lining up to sign him in July but think Zito will try hard to move one of Connolly/Yandle/Stralman this off season, in part to pay Drideger on a 2-3 year deal in around $3 mil per.

Gives Knight two years in AHL if need be or we can move Driedger end of next off season for assets with a year or two left, if Knight is ready.
Driedger knows Q will give the hot goalie the reigns, doesn't matter what you're paid and Driedger can showcase himself for another bigger deal if it's a 2 year deal, he'll still only be 29.

Just wishful thinking on my part but teams should be kicking tires on him, he plays well, big and calm in net, good rebound control and plays behind an okay-ish defense with FLA.

Ya I'm interested in Bert because of his play style but not interested enough to pay that asking price. He is worth that though.
FLA should move a 1st for Ekholm or defense in general.

Our offense prospects are somewhat stocked and Verhaeghe, Vatrano, Duclair types can be re-signed if need be.
Just more surprised DET would move Bert. Could be a solid vet for the team when he's into his 30s.
Depends on how close Yzerman thinks they are from competing for playoffs
Yeah Bert absolutely plays the style of game that will age well, he's simply too smart of a player to take huge hits and is always in the right place, skating be damned. But the Wings are building a team that is deep on both Wings (heh) so if Bert can land a player in a more needed position it makes sense, even if I would be sad to see him go. I would much rather trade Mantha even though he is the far more gifted hockey player.

And while I agree with your logic on keeping Driedger, Detroit could offer a swap of him for Bernier, who has been excellent behind an even worse defense. It's just a thought, but the dude has been an under-the-radar stud the past year and I think could take teams by surprise in the playoffs.

But ultimately, you're right that Florida should be 100% committed to getting Ekholm (and hopefully extending him next year). Players like him are rarely available and he will be an instant upgrade for almost any team.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Deep farm... hahahaha

Yep. It's ranked well.

Ranked 12th and in the top 10 with some rankings. This is with barely any high picks outside of 15th this past draft. I don't expect you to know the system we have, or our player development system.

Like I said

Pay attention

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah Bert absolutely plays the style of game that will age well, he's simply too smart of a player to take huge hits and is always in the right place, skating be damned. But the Wings are building a team that is deep on both Wings (heh) so if Bert can land a player in a more needed position it makes sense, even if I would be sad to see him go. I would much rather trade Mantha even though he is the far more gifted hockey player.

And while I agree with your logic on keeping Driedger, Detroit could offer a swap of him for Bernier, who has been excellent behind an even worse defense. It's just a thought, but the dude has been an under-the-radar stud the past year and I think could take teams by surprise in the playoffs.

But ultimately, you're right that Florida should be 100% committed to getting Ekholm (and hopefully extending him next year). Players like him are rarely available and he will be an instant upgrade for almost any team.

Ya FLA is happy he was out of the lineup the past couple games we played you.
If you do trade Bert, hopefully Yzerman calls up Jarmo (CBJ) for Werenski.
Isn't he close friends with Larkin? Re-sign both those guys, Seider, Hronek, one of Bert/Mantha stays, along with 2021 picks and other depth fills you've been developing, Berg is going to be solid imo.

Bert + LD prospect + forward prospect, only if CBJ can't re-sign both Werenski, Laine and Jones, gotta figure all 3 of them touch $7.5 million at least.

Bernier did look good last game we played but Greiss is the Panther killer, guy just kills us.
I agree, Driedger aka Judge has been solid but no team should offer him more than 2-3 years, he has a very limited sample size, in saying that, still feel he has the ability to become a 1b at worst, something he's doing right now.
Would really hate to lose him but can understand if he chases bigger money FLA is willing to pay (Bob's 10 mil hurts big time) and more of a clear starting job for a team like DET or OTT before they got Murray.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
:nashville

- new coach
- actually good depth defenseman
- honestly starting to think a goalie too
- picks/prospects

after writing that all out, this team is much closer to a rebuild then they are to winning a cup.

add, the COVID season to end, all picks gained in 2022 and forward, prospect center who's close to ready, weaponizing cap space, and act as if it's like the expansion years....

yeah rebuild, ok, yard sale sign

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Avs -
everyone to be healthy
backup/insurance rental goalie
everyone to be healthy
rental depth guy who can hopefully spark the bottom 6
everyone to be healthy

Yeah, I think that about covers it.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

well certainly you don't hand the guy away, but will he get better, or is he just who he is?
a very streaky guy that can dominate and then disappear for games at a time. it's hard to
move him this season with expansion draft, because the D you get would have to be
protected. can see them doing something this summer with JDB to fortify the left side
of the D, but that also opens up a hole on the wing.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yep. It's ranked well.

Ranked 12th and in the top 10 with some rankings. This is with barely any high picks outside of 15th this past draft. I don't expect you to know the system we have, or our player development system.

Like I said

Pay attention
Bottom tier farm with almost no high end prospects... pay attention!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->