YOUR Team's Most Underrated Prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Gags1288 said:
Yea right, if anything he's overrated and i'm a huge Richards fan.

i feel the flyers have such a stocked team already they might send richards down to the farm team for a year.

maxpenguins6630

Apr 13, 2004
As a Penguins fan I agree with those who say Moulson cause I have seen him play and he is a monster!!! But my choice would be Michel Ouellet! HE is a great goal scorer! He has a lot of potential!!! Team him up with Crosby and he will be a 30+ goal scorer in the NHL...

Another prospect is Jonathan Filewich 19 PP goal last year in the WHL another great finisher....

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Moulson is great. I still don't think Oullet will do **** in the NHL.

Still...anyone saying anyone but Welch is a moron.
I actually think its Stephen Dixon. Welch might not get his due outside of the Penguins fanbase, but he's talked about with very high praise from Penguins fans with the know how. Dixon doesn't get much credit from Pens fans and non Pens fans.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
clefty said:
I actually think its Stephen Dixon. Welch might not get his due outside of the Penguins fanbase, but he's talked about with very high praise from Penguins fans with the know how. Dixon doesn't get much credit from Pens fans and non Pens fans.

Dixon seems to be the opposite of Welch. You hear alot of good about him, just never from Pens fans.

I can respect that one, I disagree completely that he's more underrated than Welch, but he's definitely underrated.

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
For the Wings, it could be a lot of guys, really. James Howard is one of the best goalies in the NCAA. He was picked ahead of Montoya for the US WJC team in 2004, but was injured and couldn't play.

Valtteri Filppula was named to the 2004 WJC all star team, and was fifth in playoff scoring in Finland this year.

Quincey and Oulahen are both doing very well in the OHL, and are essentially locks to get contracts.

TylerT

Mar 3, 2005
Vancouver
for Montreal I've gotta go with Corey Locke
he lit up the OHL 2 years in a row but was still a 4th rounder and isn't given any chance to succeed in the NHL. I think with his work ethic and determination he will become a good second liner or average 1st liner in his career ala Martin St. Louis before his career year. I could see him putting up 30g - 30a in a season, especially if the nhl opens up and he continues to work on his skating.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Florida - Dany Roussin

Sure he played with Crosby. But when Crosby was away with national team his point production didnt drop.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Carle would get my vote for San Jose, but his stock has risen enough that he's fairly well known now.

This will probably be controversial, but I'll say Marcel Goc. He is still a prospect according to HF criteria, and I think he can easily be a very solid 2nd line center, and he does a lot of little things well and will be a great guy to feed Cheechoo the puck for many years.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
as a hawk fan i fully believe Dustin Byfuglien is the most under rated prospect in our camp... the guy will be a star...

Although i do believe Marc Methot of the Blue Jackets is a extremely underrated prospect, he should bein the nhl this year... IMHO

Also a couple guys have stated Dylan Hunter and Gerald Coleman are extremely underrated, let me tell you my friend they are both pylons, one with goalie pads and one with a famous father... both will struggle to even be on the bench in a nhl game...

Sabres75

Feb 27, 2002
Take the USA and head North.
More on Big Goose Gaustad

If Gaustad isn't on the Sabres this season they should fire Regier on the spot.

krt88 said:
For the Buffalo Sabres

I have to agree.

This 6-5 230lb center projects nicely as a future 3rd line centermen. Big, physical, has improved every year, as desire, kills penalties, is willing to stand in front of the net and that's important.

acr*

I love Yan Stastny. He's gritty, skillful at the center position, has played seamlessly with and against NHLers at the World Championships, and we can't forget he has some great genes. I just hope we can find some way to draft Paul in the 2nd round this year. We could have our own Stastny brothers line. Maybe they could put outspoken Nordique fan Patrice Bergeron on the wing, now that'd be something else :)

I also like what I've read about Martins Karsums, it sounds like he's a real hard-nosed player. The kind of guy who goes all out for every loose puck and never passes up a chance to knock someone on their behind.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
King Henry I said:
Jeremy Colliton. Before his injury at the WJC he was having a good enough season to be given the honor of playing on a line with Bergeron and Crosby. That he was initially chosen over so much talent on that team shows what a strong overall player he is.

Agree that Colliton looks like a great pick up for the Isles.

I have to mention Chris Campoli, who was taken in the seventh round in 2004 as an overager. Not very big (6'1", 200 lbs.), but seems to have the desire and skill to be a player. Voted to the AHL rookie all-star team for 2004/5.

2004-05 Bridgeport AHL 79 15 34 49 +15 78 178 8.4 0.62

:handclap:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
SuperMan313 said:
Pierre Hedin.

Everyone talks about Steen, Wellwood, Stajan, Kronwall, but nobody ever really talks about Hedin.

Maybe because he's been playing pro for almost a decade and probably shouldn't even be considered a prospect.

Vancouvers underrated prospect is Alexandre Edler. He'll develop nicely in Kelowna next year and quickly become vastly overrated on many of the boards :)

Famous Flames

Feb 16, 2004
Dallas
For Dallas, I would say Yared Hagos or Jussi Jokinen. Hard to say because almost all of their decent prospects are virtually unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->