YOUR Team's Most Underrated Prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH1

Jeremy Colliton. Before his injury at the WJC he was having a good enough season to be given the honor of playing on a line with Bergeron and Crosby. That he was initially chosen over so much talent on that team shows what a strong overall player he is.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Joakim Lindstrom for the CBJ.

2nd round pick a few years ago, had some injuries. MacLean missed a chance to bring him to NA two years ago, then last year he got buried on his roster when the NHL'ers fled to his league.
Came to Syracuse and looked good. I'm anxious to see him put in a full AHL year, possibly with some NHL time.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Welch is definitely underated

For the Kings, I'd say Tambellini. I think he'll end up being the best of all their current prospects.

amon

Jul 20, 2005
Montreal
I think he is too old to be a prospect but he didnt play in the nhl so..... Its mark streit this guy was very great all the year in swiss and show impressive play in the wc . I think he deserve a shot in the big club

jeffbrown

Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
For the Canucks probably Kevin Bieksa d-man. He rose pretty quickly in the depth chart with a very solid rookie season after 4 years in the CCHA. He could get some callups this year....and that was probably far fetched before last season.

Tyler Bouck, although he may not be a prospect anymore, is one too. He's sort of fallen off the radar (not because of bad play), but because he doesn't get talked about much. I think he'll be a solid 4th liner especially if May isn't re-signed.

Wetcoaster

For the Canucks RJ Umberger -

OOPS Burkie failed to sign him, lost him for a bag of pucks and then RJ led the AHL champion Phantoms in scoring.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Wetcoaster said:
For the Canucks RJ Umberger -

OOPS Burkie failed to sign him, lost him for a bag of pucks and then RJ led the AHL champion Phantoms in scoring.

Im on that same boat with ya, repleace Burke with Sather though.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
for the Minnesota Wild (and I hate to say this because he took two picks!) Danny Irmen. He's a bulldog and a tough player. Something the Wild need but also he put up some good points this year on the Gophers. No one has really talked about him but he's coming into his own. I think he would have been a second rounder in any other draft.

On defense, Clayton Stoner. The guy absolutely rocks. Solid, steady defenseman...physical...really came into his own this year...

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
for the Canes - Casey Borer

he doesn't get a lot of attention around here because he doesn't put up big numbers (or, even small ones most of the time either) offensively. That said, his defensive game is solid to the point that he's likely to make the Canes as a shut-down defenseman sometime in the next 2-3 seasons. One of the few selections that the Canes have gotten absolutely right since '98.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
For the Oilers probably Mathieu Roy. Drafted in the 400th round as a 19 year old, he received zero hype and was the Roadrunners best defender last season. Not that the Roadrunners were any screaming hell, but they did have a first rounder (Woywitka) and a high second (Lynch) in the fold.

It'll be interesting to see which of the three will be the first called up.

Air

Aug 4, 2004
Hamilton
icethis.blogspot.com
Antoine Vermette. We don't really hear about him for a year, then he comes up and does the role that Martin asks of him, and then gets overshadowed because he replaced Spezza in the playoffs. Oh, he also set up Fisher in game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad