Your team's locker room culture

12u55

Oct 12, 2007
vancouver
As a Canucks fan, I imagine the locker room being lead by the Sedins and being a religious type team that works hard. I know it sounds funny, but they all look like bible thumpers to me. I mean no offense to anyone that is religious.

I also imagine Oilers locker room being terrible. All these highly touted draft picks coming in year after year thinking they are hot shots, just to be made fun of from the other draft picks. It's just my imagination going wild :P

Is the culture of a hockey team important? Liking and getting along with each other?

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Hard to know. I would guess the Ducks' locker room is more laid-back than it is serious. Every video I've seen has Getzlaf joking around (ie. with Perry and Selanne, or Andersen). Kesler seems to have bonded particularly well with Perry, Beleskey, Palmieri, Gibson, and DSP. Overall I'd say the team is very close-knit.

Getzlaf comments at :47

Last edited:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
It would be hard for any of us to know, really, unless you had an inside contact.

I just remember a recent interview with George Parros after he announced his retirement. He doesn't have anything to gain from spinning things at this point but he said that the dressing room culture in Montreal was really positive and that it reminded him a bit of what they had in Anaheim in 2007.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
1907881_849378791751332_7828001349230968080_n.jpg

Bps21*

Thread is begging for the Nolan interpretive dance picture

no way to know for sure...but it was a disaster last year and the bench at least is a 180 this year. Betting its pretty good.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
The Sedins aren't religious....

Hamhung and Malhotra were/are. The Sedins lead through example with guys like Bieksa being the more prominent rah-rah kind of leader.

ZeroPT*

A bunch of people kneeling down to the one true Lord of the world. Zemdeity Girgengod.

zemgus.jpg

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
As a Canucks fan, I imagine the locker room being lead by the Sedins and being a religious type team that works hard. I know it sounds funny, but they all look like bible thumpers to me. I mean no offense to anyone that is religious.

The Sedins aren't religious....

Hamhung and Malhotra were/are. The Sedins lead through example with guys like Bieksa being the more prominent rah-rah kind of leader.

For this season, we at least have this clip to go off of.

And the team-building exercise videos.

-------------------

Hard to know. I would guess the Ducks' locker room is more laid-back than it is serious. Every video I've seen has Getzlaf joking around (ie. with Perry and Selanne, or Andersen). Kesler seems to have bonded particularly well with Perry, Beleskey, Palmieri, Gibson, and DSP. Overall I'd say the team is very close-knit.

Getzlaf comments at :47

I don't doubt that it's pretty easygoing there.

Speaking of easy-going, it's probably really easy-going in San Jose. I mean, their leadership core consists of guys like...

tumblr_lm118699Mk1qf9ubd.jpg

Last edited:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It's probably one of the biggest strengths of the Islanders right now. Tavares does a fantastic job of making sure everyone feels included and really building an off-ice team bond that extends to everyone they bring in. Rookies get invited to sit with the cool kids instead of being hazed and bullied.

Garth Snow's "******* the critics" attitude also carries over, in a positive way. The Islanders haven't forgotten being the laughingstock of the NHL for years, so now there's something to prove.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
The Flyers "older" guys (Umberger, Streit, Coburn) come off as pretty quiet guys and Vinny is just pissed at the world, and otherwise it's a pretty young group. So when they're winning, I bet it's boisterous and when they're losing I bet it's pretty damn quiet without Hartnell, Timonen, Briere, and Pronger around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad