Your teams goalie tandem 5 years from now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
BlueAndWhite said:
And this is where the story goes wrong.

Common logic dictates that Hudler would have been rated after he was drafted, which was in 2002.

Centomo's atmospheric rise came in later 2001 and early, early 2002 a long time before Hudler was drafted. Centomo quickly fell back down to earth and finished the 2001-2002 season with ordinary stats.

After Hudler was drafted, Centomo played in the ECHL - so it's unlikely that he would have been rated a 7.5, let alone an 8.5 while Hudler was receiving his first HF ranking.
Story may be a little off but the fact remains Centomo was ranked an 8.5 after his only game in the NHL. The threads making fun of the leafs writer are now lost so I guess I can't prove it.

Vic Rattlehead*

Newfie Bruin said:
Bruins

Andrew Raycroft/ Hannu Toivonen

Jordan Sigalet along for the ride
That's going to be one hell of a tandem.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
For the Wild - Josh Harding and somebody else, perhaps another AHL journeyman a la Roloson, or someone they acquire in the draft or by trade. The Wild are thin here in terms of quality.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Levitate said:
yeah blackburn is a bit of a questionmark at this point...it SEEMS like he's gonna recover fine and is doing well, but he unfortunatly lost a lot of playing time with that shoulder injury...if they had gone in and scoped out the shoulder earlier he might have gotten some playing time last season but nothing can be done about that now...we'll have to see how he does in his "comeback" year in the AHL. i think he'll be fine but i'm not sure if he'll be the best one of the bunch.

My brother had a goaltender camp with Benoit Allaire and Dan Blackburn was there. My Bro said that Blackburn was bad. He said that Jonathan Bernier (2006 eligible - Lewiston) was better.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
You have to realize though, Blackburn just started playing again at that camp. He hadn't played in a full year.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
NYRangers said:
You have to realize though, Blackburn just started playing again at that camp. He hadn't played in a full year.

Sheldon Souray didn't play the 2002-03 season and he had a great 2003-2004 season.

FlyersProspect2

Jun 14, 2004
Chicopee, Ma
easton122 said:
Easy

Robert Esche and Antero Niittymaki

Who will be the starter though :dunno:

That's a good question. If Esche continues to play like he did in the playoff run, its going to be hard to take away the starting spot from him.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
BlueAndWhite said:
Either I've died and gone to heaven - the Leafs somehow have Fleury - OR you're trying to steal the only legitimate goaltending "prospect" the Leafs have.

Right now:

Tellqvist
Pogge

In five years, I predict he'll be Penguins' property.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
"Sheldon Souray didn't play the 2002-03 season and he had a great 2003-2004 season."

But he had training camp. Im saying this is the first time Blackburn has played hockey, at this camp. In a full year. He has skated though, but no goalie work.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
blackburn has done a little bit of goalie work with the rangers in the past few months, judging from the bits we've gotten from the org. but it's mostly just been suiting up and kinda standing there and taking some easy shots from the trainer, nothing big...just kinda easing him back in.

i wouldn't be harsh on him and say he sucks cuz he looks rusty at this point...like was said, he hasn't really done anything in almost a year. he just barely started rehabbing the shoulder a few months ago and wasn't doing ANYTHING before that because the doctors told him to just sit and wait and see what it did. so he's extremely rusty, which is one of the reasons sather and the rangers wanted him to go to the goaltending camp, to start working on stuff again and start getting the rust off. he's got a lot of work to put in to get back into game shape at this point, but if you're trying to make a judgement on his ability at this point because of his play at this goalie camp...you're very very very much off base. blackburn is a very good goalie and prospect, he just desperatly needs playing time at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->