Your teams goalie tandem 5 years from now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
If you're looking for youngsters:

Lehtonen
Garnett

But I suspect Lehtonen will be backed up by some old guy in 5 years, perhaps even Nurminen/Hurme will still be around.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site

For the Wings it all depends, if Legace is still playing he might actually be #1 for a while, but 5 years from now is a long time and I'm assuming guys like Howard and Liv developed already, overall if Howard reaches his best potential in 5 years I can see him taking over the startup job, but most likely he'll take longer to develop so he'll be a back up for few years, therefore:

Stefan Liv (Starter)
Jimmy Howard

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Montreal Canadiens:

Jose Theodore
Yann Danis (Holder of a ton of NCAA records)

Yann Danis may even take Theodore's spot someday because he is that good of a goalie.. First 2 games in the AHL he had 2 wins with 1 shutout.. :yo: :yo:

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
NYRangers said:
Thats though....

Montoya, Blackburn, Lundqvist....only two?

While it's tough to choose from these 3 guys, the Rangers will eventaully trade one of them and keep the other 2, so far Lundqvist is the best one out of them 3, I think Blackburn has the best potential but the guy has injury issues so Montoya is the second best in potential, but frankly potential means nothing, it's what you do with it that counts.

Blackburn has played well so far but has injurie issues, Lundqvist has become one of the best if not the best goalie in the Swedish Elite League, and Montoya has a nice potential and also has been a solid NCAA goalie, so overall I'll take Lundqvist as a starter in 5 years, Montoya as a backup, and trade Blackburn while his value is high.

degroat*

guitaraholic said:
Who are your goalies five years from now?

For St.Louis - Marek Schwarz and either Barulin or Bacashua

Goalies take a little bit longer to develop and Schwarz will only be 23 in 5 years, so I'll guess Schwarz backing up or splitting time with either Bacashihua or someone that's not in the organization.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
tom_servo said:
Marc-Andre Fleury
Mikael Tellqvist
Either I've died and gone to heaven - the Leafs somehow have Fleury - OR you're trying to steal the only legitimate goaltending "prospect" the Leafs have.

Right now:

Tellqvist
Pogge

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
BlueAndWhite said:
Either I've died and gone to heaven - the Leafs somehow have Fleury - OR you're trying to steal the only legitimate goaltending "prospect" the Leafs have.

Right now:

Tellqvist
Pogge
NO CENTOMO....HAHA....I remember the days when he was ranked 8.5 after playing one game in the NHL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Miller-Noronen... no, no Biron-Miller. Err... Noronen-Valent?

Seriously, I have no idea. It's likely Ryan Miller is one of the two, but not definite.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
NO CENTOMO....HAHA....I remember the days when he was ranked 8.5 after playing one game in the NHL.
Thanks for your insightful comments. I don't recall Centomo being that highly ranked, perhaps a 7.5 at MAX - but then again HF's ranking criteria doesn't hold much weight.

As well, even if Centomo was ranked suprisingly high (and 7.5 out of 10 on a normal scale would have been high for Centomo IMO) it wasn't as horribly justified as your claim.

He didn't just play one NHL game and received an inflated rating from that one game. He was absolutely destroying the CHL, was called up to the AHL and was on a torrid pace for 10-15 games when he was called up to the bigs.

So it wasn't based on one game but rather a prolonged stretch of amazing play.

JOHNBOY

BUFFALO SABRES
Sep 30, 2003
Denver NC
The same as it is now!

:lol:

Miller/Biron/Noronen

:lol:

Unless of course we get a new GM and coach from the "Hockey Gods"...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
BlueAndWhite said:
Thanks for your insightful comments. I don't recall Centomo being that highly ranked, perhaps a 7.5 at MAX - but then again HF's ranking criteria doesn't hold much weight.

As well, even if Centomo was ranked suprisingly high (and 7.5 out of 10 on a normal scale would have been high for Centomo IMO) it wasn't as horribly justified as your claim.

He didn't just play one NHL game and received an inflated rating from that one game. He was absolutely destroying the CHL, was called up to the AHL and was on a torrid pace for 10-15 games when he was called up to the bigs.

So it wasn't based on one game but rather a prolonged stretch of amazing play.
Yes he was, Centomo was 8.5 for a small period of time. Around the same time Hudler was ranked 8.5 and St Louis ranked guys like 6.6 and 5.3.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Yes he was, Centomo was 8.5 for a small period of time. Around the same time Hudler was ranked 8.5 and St Louis ranked guys like 6.6 and 5.3.
And this is where the story goes wrong.

Common logic dictates that Hudler would have been rated after he was drafted, which was in 2002.

Centomo's atmospheric rise came in later 2001 and early, early 2002 a long time before Hudler was drafted. Centomo quickly fell back down to earth and finished the 2001-2002 season with ordinary stats.

After Hudler was drafted, Centomo played in the ECHL - so it's unlikely that he would have been rated a 7.5, let alone an 8.5 while Hudler was receiving his first HF ranking.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
While it's tough to choose from these 3 guys, the Rangers will eventaully trade one of them and keep the other 2, so far Lundqvist is the best one out of them 3, I think Blackburn has the best potential but the guy has injury issues so Montoya is the second best in potential, but frankly potential means nothing, it's what you do with it that counts.

yeah blackburn is a bit of a questionmark at this point...it SEEMS like he's gonna recover fine and is doing well, but he unfortunatly lost a lot of playing time with that shoulder injury...if they had gone in and scoped out the shoulder earlier he might have gotten some playing time last season but nothing can be done about that now...we'll have to see how he does in his "comeback" year in the AHL. i think he'll be fine but i'm not sure if he'll be the best one of the bunch.

lundqvist...great credentials thus far but no north american experience...i like him a lot and he could be a real steal for the rangers (late round pick) but we gotta see how he does with the different style game...he has a good chance though

gotta wait a little while to see with montoya i think...he's got the "big game" mentality and good skills to go with it...i think he definatly could be the rangers starting goalie in the future as well and be similar to marty turco, but we have to see how he pans out as well...

if i had to guess....hrmf...i'm gonna say montoya starting and lundqvist backing up...part of my reason for saying that is that i think the rangers are very high on montoya right now and he's kind of "replacing" blackburn as the crown jewel of their goalie prospects. a lot is on blackburn to really bounce back and prove he deserves the consideration. lundqvist as backup...well i kinda feel that again, unless he really blows montoya out of the water in his NA game, the rangers will favor montoya over him. he might have miffed the rangers a little by deciding to stay in sweden another year when he could have come to the AHL and played (and this after he said he was willing and prepared to spend several years in the AHL honing his game in NA) so that could be a consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad