Your team's best prospect??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
pinto80 said:
For the Leafs i would say it is either Carlo Colaiacovo or Alexander Steen, who is your team's best prospect??

I'd go with Emery and Vermette being a close 2nd in Ottawa.

leafaholix*

Alexander Steen.

It would have been Carlo Colaiacovo before training camp, but with the impression he left at camp for the 2 days he was there and his hot start in the Swedish Elite League, I've got to go with Grus (aka, Alexander Steen).

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
For Edmonton i would say Hemsky, but I think he's made too much noise at the NHL level to be considered a prospect, so I will say Jeff D. Delaurias and Alexei Mihkov (sp?) a close second.

IkeaMonkey*

Eminger.

Though Semin could very well develop into a great player. I just feel need-for-need Emmy is the best player for the now.

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
For the Flyers, Jeff Carter is our best prospect. Mike Richards is just one step behind...

leafaholix*

Flyman said:
For the Flyers, Jeff Carter is our best prospect. Mike Richards is just one step behind...
Oh, so Joni Pitkanen's no longer in the system?

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
For the Kings it is either Sylvain Clouturier or Phil Sykes. I hear good things about that Lessard kid too.

If none of them pan out I would say that it is either Grebeshkov, Pushkaryov, Anshankon, Cammelleri, Aulin or Gleason or Brown or Boyle or Tambellini or Hogeboom or Kanko or Roome or Petiot or Barney or one of the other great young players that are in their system.

(I know, I am a kook)

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Phaneuf. Highest upside of any Flames defensemen in the past decade.
I'll second that, our defensive prospects look very strong IMO, and Phaneuf leads the pack, he is completely taking over for a weaker Rebs team this year, leads the team in scoring, putting up a point per game (already halfway to his goal and point totals of last year), he's plus 5 on a not spectacular team, and has 26 PIMs and still rules his own crease....ever since this summer he has been progressing rapidly.

PK*

Tough call for the Habs. I'd say Komisarek and Kastsitsyn are tied for #1. Not far behind are Perezhogin and Higgins.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Flyman said:
First of all, Jeff Woywitka is as good a prospect as either one of these guys, if not better. Second of all, it's not even close. Joni Pitkanen is our best prospect and everything he's done in the NHL in the short amount of time, makes me think he'll be one of the best d-men in the NHL within 5 years.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
pei_bruins said:
For the Bruins I'd have to go with Hannu Toivenen. He has the best chance of solving Boston's long term goaltending woes.

Actually, the Bruins long term goaltending woes are already being solved, his name is Andrew Raycroft. He has #1 written all over him. With Raycroft and Toivonen in net the Bruins are set for the next decade.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
My choice for Phoenix is Fredrik Sjostrom by a lot, but there are many fellow Coyotes' fans who think it is Taffe, Knyazev and LeNeveu.

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
For Montreal We have quiet a few of them!!

First Tier prospects are Kostitsyn, Komisarek

Second Tier Prospects Are Hossa, Hainsey, Higgins, Perezhogin.

Third Tier Prospects are Plekanec, Milroy, Balez, Cory Urqart, Corey Locke You can see here most of the third tier prospects are under sized or soft though they have second tier talent to play with.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Getzlaf-Bryzgalov-Popovic

Getzlaf almost made the team this year
Bryzgalov is on fire so far this season in the AHL and should someday be a top #1 goalie
Popovic is blueliner who is very similar to Tim Gleason

Tim Brent is just behind that top 4

evman150*

Dion Phaneuf.

Pretty easy if you don't count Kobasew and Leopold anymore.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
I'd say talentwise, Andrei Kastsitsyn is the Canadiens' best prospect.

With that being said, I think it's safe to say Mike Komisarek isn't far behind, and is less likely to become a bust. Guys like Perezhogin, Hainsey and Higgins should be considered a step behind, potential wise.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
For the Stars, I'd say its gotta be Trevor Daley, followed by Miettinen(only because he's already in the NHL).

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
counting rookies: Ruutu
not counting rookies: Anton Babchuk

#37-#93-#27*

<b>current respectable prospects</b>
<b>Fedor Tjutin</b> B+ < top prospect
Dominic Moore C+
Bryce Lampman C+
Garth Murray C
Henrik Lundqvist anywhere from C to A

<b>following could make big strides this year and become respectable or big time prospects</b>
Hugh Jessiman lets see how he does a year after the draft, b to A
Marcus Jonasen ¤ his size and total package is intruiging, already succeeding as a rookie in the CHL, c- to b+
Ivan Barinka ditto above
Lee Falardeau Rapidly fading away.. d to c+
Juris Stals this one is a stretch but he was very impressive in training camp and is still young, d+ to b-

<b>up for next year</b>
Jake Taylor
Nathan Martz
Ken Roche
Nate Guenin
Petr Prucha
Nigel Dawes
Ivan Dornic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events