your team's best ever waiver pick up

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Wasn’t Kunitz a waiver pickup for the Ducks?

That has to be up there near the top.

HldMyBeer

May 15, 2019
I am surprised no one picked up Allstar game mvp Jon Scott when we was waived, that would be my vote

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Can’t think of anyone claimed off waivers to make any sort of impact for the Bruins in the last 20 years. Before that, Tim Taylor scored 20 goals after being claimed from Detroit and even picked up a few Selke votes. Darren van Impe played a few seasons as a solid blueliner and played 17-20 minutes a night.

Andy Brickley was also picked off waivers (I think), but that was way before my time. Good player and a very good color commentator.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Probably Sergei Samsonov off waivers from Chicago in 2008. He put up 32 points in 38 games down the stretch, and played a supporting role in a Conference Finals run the following season.

If not him then Curtis McElhinney from Toronto in 2019. He played some really good clutch hockey during a Conference Finals run that spring.

Lost? Michael Leighton to the Flyers.
I could've sworn Jussi Jokinen was a waiver pickup but no- the canes traded the illustrious Wade Brookbank and Josef Melichar for him after he had cleared waivers a few days earlier.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Christian Djoos is shaping to be a pretty good pick up for the Red Wings. Drew Miller is up there too, 504 games played for 88 points.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Chris Osgood was a darn good one for the Islanders as well. Nabakov wasn't bad either. As others mentioned, Grabner also.
I totally forgot Ozzy was a waiver wire pickup! In my head they traded for him or signed him as a free agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->