Your team is on the clock! PICK #8 (Fan Base Mock Entry Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hey Blue Jacket Fans! I have been hosting a fan base 2015 entry level draft the past few days! You fans have until 9pm EST time tonight to get your picks in on who you want the Blue Jackets to draft with the 8th overall pick of the 2015 entry draft.

Please check the draft board below on who has been drafted, once a player is drafted they are no longer available. As a fan base you guys will be making your pick. So please leave behind the player you want to draft the most with your pick. Once your time is up I will be counting all the players chosen, and who ever has the most votes, is the player selected. If a tiebreaker is needed, I will be flipping a coin to decide that haha.

Rules:
-You as a voter, can only vote once.
-You can only select one player.
-Of course like a real draft, once a player is selected they can not be drafted again.

Players taken so far:

1. Edmonton Oilers:Connor McDavid, Center.

2. Buffalo Sabres: Jack Eichel, Center.

3 Arizona Coyotes: Dylan Strome (2nd Hanifin, 3rd Marner)

4. Toronto Maple Leafs: Mitchell Marner (2nd Hanifin, 3rd Barzal/Provorov)

5. Carolina Hurricanes: Noah Hanifin (2nd Crouse, 3rd Tsujimoto)

6. New Jersey Devils: Matthew Barzal (2nd Rantenen, 3rd Zacha)

7. Philadelphia Flyers: Ivan Provorov (2nd Rantenen, 2nd Zacha)

8. Colombus Blue Jackets:

Click this link below to follow the draft/main thread.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1878727

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Another reason to hate Flyers fans. :laugh: They took my no brainer now I have to ponder

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
If Rantanen falls to 8...take him (Best player available). Fits the CBJ model plays RW and a strong two way game.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Werenski.

I think he is the best D available (and have read he may have the highest ceiling of all 3 D) and probably has at least one more year of college to develop further. i hate the college thing though and that makes me leery.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Initiate trade with oilers.

Oilers get CBJ #8

CBJ get Oilers 1st rounder from Penguins (15th or 16th overall) and Oilers 2nd rounder #33 overall

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Initiate trade with oilers.

Oilers get CBJ #8

CBJ get Oilers 1st rounder from Penguins (15th or 16th overall) and Oilers 2nd rounder #33 overall

Sadly. I agree.

Werenski is a talent but raw and I'm skeptical of the college thing now (ie. Reily)
Rantanaen is I dunno...a Finn I guess. He's just okay.
Zacha has talent but very inconsistent
Crouse is safe albeit not a star probably. I probably lean to drafting him over the others.

Yeah. I'd probably lean toward trading down and then trading back into the first round. That would give them 4 2nds (3 right at the top). Why not?

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
That's a terrible return for the 8th overall pick and we really don't need more picks in this draft.

OT: Tough choice between Rantanen and Werenski. I'll go with Werenski.

Weren't you one of the ones who was excited to have a late 2nd rounder for Gaborik last year? But no extra picks top 35 picks in this year's "deep draft" are needed? Possibly flip a couple 2nd rounders to move up into lower 1/3rd of first round if needed?

Rantanen is probably a mid-rounder anyway...good chance could you could still get him at 15. Why waste the pick at #8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->