Your team is on the clock! PICK #7 (Fan Base Mock Entry Draft)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am going to flip flop from the poll and go with Provorov. (Went with Werenski before). (Rantanen would be my forward otherwise).

Lol...I did the same thing. I went with Werenski in the poll because I was told he played the right side last year....we need a right side guy in our mix.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Working under the assumption that we want a forward at this position unless Hanifin had dropped (dammit, Carolina), I'll say Lawson Crouse. (Rantanen, Provorov)

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Provorov, Morin, Sanheim, and Gostisbehere would just be insane. :laugh:

And three of them will be knocking on the door for NHL time next year.

If we could somehow dump the dead weight defenders, I'd be pumped to roll with:

Morin - Streit
Del Zotto - Schultz
Provorov - Gudas

With Gostisbehere banging down the door soon.

It's such a shame we have MacDonald, Grossmann, and Schenn. We really need to dump two of them even if we don't end up taking Provorov.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's such a shame we have MacDonald, Grossmann, and Schenn. We really need to dump two of them even if we don't end up taking Provorov.

I think Schenn's the odd man out this summer, he'll be the easiest to move & should bring something of value (a mid round pick) back. I think they hold on to Grossmann for the time being as a placeholder for one of the younger defenders whether that be at camp or as the season progresses then move him once of them prove theirselves. Hextall could even get creative & eat some of the caphit since it's an expiring contract to get a better return & make up the difference with a younger players ELC.

MacDonald I really don't see going anywhere for a while.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I think Schenn's the odd man out this summer, he'll be the easiest to move & should bring something of value (a mid round pick) back. I think they hold on to Grossmann for the time being as a placeholder for one of the younger defenders whether that be at camp or as the season progresses then move him once of them prove theirselves. Hextall could even get creative & eat some of the caphit since it's an expiring contract to get a better return & make up the difference with a younger players ELC.

Yeah, I agree. Only way MacDonald goes if he's taken as part of a package including something else of value.

That still will make it difficult to integrate the young players, though. Streit, Schultz, and Gudas have spots locked up for the time being. MDZ is an RFA, but he's clearly earned another contract. There's barely enough room for even one of the two lumbering defenders, let alone both of them.

If you keep two of MacDonald/Grossmann/Schenn, that means only one of Gostisbehere/Morin/(Provorov) could make the team out of camp.

Hextall's going to have to be extremely creative and resourceful to juggle this situation. I think that's at least part of the reason why he has minimal desire to take a defender with the #7.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
MacDonald > Schenn > Grossmann

We MUST get rid of those last two so that we have room for the prospects, who I have no doubt will immediately be better.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, I agree. Only way MacDonald goes if he's taken as part of a package including something else of value.

That still will make it difficult to integrate the young players, though. Streit, Schultz, and Gudas have spots locked up for the time being. MDZ is an RFA, but he's clearly earned another contract. There's barely enough room for even one of the two lumbering defenders, let alone both of them.

If you keep two of MacDonald/Grossmann/Schenn, that means only one of Gostisbehere/Morin/(Provorov) could make the team out of camp.

Hextall's going to have to be extremely creative and resourceful to juggle this situation. I think that's at least part of the reason why he has minimal desire to take a defender with the #7.

I wasn't really factoring Provorov to be honest. I was only going off what we know as of now.

Right or wrong I don't think Hextall's going to hand out roster spots to prospects without them earning it through their play in camp so I don't see him ushering out both Schenn & Grossmann this offseason.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

That's a good point. He could retain the maximum of 50% on Grossmann if necessary, replace him with Morin, and actually gain close to a million in cap space.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
MacDonald > Schenn > Grossmann

We MUST get rid of those last two so that we have room for the prospects, who I have no doubt will immediately be better.

MacDonald>No one on this team.

He's the worst defensemen we have and he carries the highest cap hit on our defense aside from Streit. He was 7th on the team in SHTOI/PG, behind Coburn, Schultz, Manning, Schenn, Grossmann, Del Zotto and just barely ahead of Lauridsen. For Raw SHTOI he was 6th behind Schultz, Grossmann, Schenn, Del Zotto, Coburn. He had the 3rd most PPTOI and 3rd most PPTOI per game of our defensemen and had a whopping 5 points. The fancy stats say Schenn was one of our best defensemen this year, and Grossmann was the worst only slightly exceeding MacDonalds atrocious play. But Grossmann isn't paid 5 million dollars a year and plays against much harder competition along with being a large part of our PK. MacDonald is easily the worst defensemen on this team and its not close when taking into account how much they are paid relative to what they do on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->