Your team is on the clock! PICK #13 (Fan Base Mock Entry Draft)

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hey Kings fans ! I have been hosting a fan base 2015 entry level draft the past few days! You fans have until 1pm EST time tomorrow to get your picks in on who you want the Kings to draft with the 12th overall pick of the 2015 entry draft.

Please check the draft board below on who has been drafted, once a player is drafted they are no longer available. As a fan base you guys will be making your pick. So please leave behind the player you want to draft the most with your pick. Once your time is up I will be counting all the players chosen, and who ever has the most votes, is the player selected. If a tiebreaker is needed, I will be flipping a coin to decide that haha.

Rules:
-You as a voter, can only vote once.
-You can only select one player.
-Of course like a real draft, once a player is selected they can not be drafted again.

Players taken so far:

1. Edmonton Oilers:Connor McDavid, Center.

2. Buffalo Sabres: Jack Eichel, Center.

3 Arizona Coyotes: Dylan Strome (2nd Hanifin, 3rd Marner)

4. Toronto Maple Leafs: Mitchell Marner (2nd Hanifin, 3rd Barzal/Provorov)

5. Carolina Hurricanes: Noah Hanifin (2nd Crouse, 3rd Tsujimoto)

6. New Jersey Devils: Matthew Barzal (2nd Rantenen, 3rd Zacha)

7. Philadelphia Flyers: Ivan Provorov (2nd Rantenen, 2nd Zacha)

8. Columbus Blue Jackets: Mikko Rantenen (2nd Weresnki, 3rd Mieir)

9. San Jose Sharks: Werenski (2nd Zacha, 3rd McCool)

10. Colorado Avalanche: Lawson Crouse (2nd Meir, 3rd Zacha)

11. Florida Panthers: Pavel Zacha (2nd Meir, 3rd Konecky)

12. Dallas Stars: Kyle Connor (2nd Meir, 3rd Svechnikov)

13. Los Angeles Kings:

Click this link below to follow the draft/main thread.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/sh....php?t=1878727

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
By the way as a Canes fan I am very sad we don't have your first round pick this year in this deep draft lol. Hoping you don't have that great of a season next season ;)

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Thanks CandyCanes, hoping you guys are getting the 30th pick from LA next year.

I will go with Konecny(sp) for his overall game. Meier would be my second choice for his offense.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I will say Dean uses his Jedi mind powers on the other GMs and the Kings take Zacha.

Captain Mittens*

Hey Stars fans?
We've got a copy and paster on our hands.

donkozak

Feb 16, 2014
canada
CAn See Konecny But Harkins Better Pick!

Meier though I could see Konecny

Like Travis Konecny a lot but the Kings will need a 2nd line centre when Carts slows down and moves over to RW. Thus I'd select Jansen Harkins for that role

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'll pick the big 6'2 200lb russian forward Evgeny Svechnikov. 32 goals and 78 points this season for him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
In this scenario, I think the Kings will be torn between Konecny and Chlapik.

Konecny:
- leadership qualities (already a captain at 18)
- high skill level
- Ottawa connection (two Kings prospects were teammates, Chris Byrne was his coach and now with the Kings)
- Biggest downside is his size

Chlapik:
- Personality qualities (Zykov has a quirky personality, and Chlapik is noted to have quickly endeared himself to his teammates in his first season)
- Did very well as a rookie in the Q, and the Kings love the Europeans who commit and come over at an early age
- High skill and hockey IQ level
- Charlottetown connection, possibly? Grant Sonier was a scout for the Kings, and he's now the GM of Charlottetown
- Biggest question mark is, picking Chlapik at 13 might be considered a reach, as he's ranked a bit lower.

Considering the Ottawa connection, I give Konecny the edge.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Paul Bittner, a 6'4 LW, 200 lb power forward, currently ranked 14th

http://www.isshockey.com/

A big-bodied power forward that plays with tenacity and an edge. Relentless on the forecheck and is able to bully his way to the net with his size and speed. Has a good stick around the net and has an accurate rocket of a shot. Thinks the game well and is able to frustrate opposing players while playing physically. All-in-all, an impact player that uses his size and skill to his advantage. http://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...tatus=&leagueid=&season=#sthash.rd05MO8w.dpuf

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No Zacha? Harumph.

Konecny, Meier second, and I actually like the idea of Svechnikov as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad