Your team Canada U-20 final roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Pouliot - Cogliano - Latendresse
Bertram - Bolland - Setoguchi
Boyd - Chipchura - Comeau (The Checking Line) Mission : SHUTTING DOWN KESSEL
Chucko - O'Marra ou Downie - Blunden (Energy Line)

Extra men: Jonathan Toews ou Bryan Little or Angelo Esposito (or this youngster can replace Bertram if does'nt crack the lineup)

Defense:

Barker-Russell
Bourdon-Letang
Staal-Parent
Rogers ou Pokuloc ou Vlasic but i'm betting on Andy Rogers....

G)
Price and Ellis

Last edited by a moderator:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm guessing we'll see a line of Cogliano, Latendresse and Pouliot at some point in time. They apparently showed a lot of chemistry as a line in the first tryout camp and they just look right together on paper...

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
I really don't see how the US is considered "heavy favorites" looking at this roster.
The one thing that this lineup is missing is a game breaker. I also think that the US' top two lines are better than Canada's top two lines.

The game on New Year's Eve should be a big one.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BobbyClarkeFan16 said:
We may lack a game breaker so to say, but I think our depth is much better than the Americans. We can put out four lines that can score and check and make life miserable for the other teams. Not too many teams can say that. The US might be able to put out to high power lines, but high power lines can be rendered ineffective by good checking and agitating, and that's where we can be dominant. We throw teams off their game and get them to take stupid penalties, we can actually be quite lethal on the power play. You park someone like Latendresse in the front and have Bourdon pound the puck from the point and we should be lethal.

Canada's depth is much better? How so? Have you seen the bellyaching over the number of quality players that were left off the U.S. roster? Also, are you even that familiar with much of the U.S. team, especially those players from the NCAA?

Last edited:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Rabid Ranger said:
Canada's depth is much better? How so? Have you seen the bellyaching over the number of quality players that were left off the U.S. roster? Also, are even that familiar with much of the U.S. team, especially those players from the NCAA?

To be honest, this is the first time that I can remember where there was this much debate over guys left off the US squad. From the US point of view, that can only be considered a good sign.

gars59

Jan 16, 2005
Trois-Rivières
ellis said that carey price will make the team and the bsttle will be between pogge,him and dubnik , but he don't know pogge. he think that he have very good chance. :handclap:

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
This will be the team!!

Pogge/Price

Barker/Bourdon/Parent/Stall/Russell/Funk/Letang

Boyd/Bolland/Comeau/Bertram/Cogliano/Latendresse/Pouliot/Chipchura/Setoguchi
/O'Marra/Toews/Chucko/Blunden

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
cyclops said:
Maybe Cogliano can be that gamebreaker fellas? :dunno:

Possibly. BTW what is the general consensus on his skating? I watched a couple of Michigan games this year and I thought he looked a little slow. I readily admit that I could be mistaken, but has this criticsm been made before?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Dr Quincy said:
Possibly. BTW what is the general consensus on his skating? I watched a couple of Michigan games this year and I thought he looked a little slow. I readily admit that I could be mistaken, but has this criticsm been made before?
Slow, you must be watching someone else, he has incredible speed. I still beleive this kid will be the next Paul Karyia.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
canucksfan said:
The one thing that this lineup is missing is a game breaker. I also think that the US' top two lines are better than Canada's top two lines.

The game on New Year's Eve should be a big one.

Like cyclops said, Cogliano could be that player, and or maybe even Bertram, Pouliot and Lantendresse.

But to me, this Canada team reminds me of the one that the US one gold with. No real super superstars, but a solid well rounded team that can be a factor on either side of the ice. Provied that Price plays like he can, I'd say that they've got a great shot.

Last edited:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Pogge has been playing very well

It's almost like he has xray vision and his reflexes are amazing. I watch him and wonder how he can even see what is coming at him. Wow is often my thought. Players are blocking the view and he still there making the stop.

Hockeycanada*

cyrisweb said:
??
Scheider is just as good as the 4 Canadian hopefulls.
Did you happen to catch the WJ's last year? Schneider isn't just as good as the 4 Canadian goaltenders unless he has vastly improved his game.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Hockeycanada said:
Did you happen to catch the WJ's last year? Schneider isn't just as good as the 4 Canadian goaltenders unless he has vastly improved his game.

That was a very un Schneider-like performance to be fair. Though he does seem to crack when his defense totally collapses.

Hockeycanada*

Legionnaire said:
That was a very un Schneider-like performance to be fair. Though he does seem to crack when his defense totally collapses.
Has Schneider started in any other international tournaments? If so, how did it perform at those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->