Your Team Canada Powerplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
I couldn't help but watch and be impressed with Team Canada's puck control, especially on the powerplay tonight. I think it looks extremely solid. That said, I would make one minor change.

I've seen Ryan Getzlaf enough to know that he's utilized best on special teams by playing the point on the powerplay. Granted, these are the best defensemen in the country, but the one-timer Getzlaf can release from the point when a man up is extremely good.

Personally, here's how I'd have the #1 powerplay unit for Canada.

Crosby-Bergeron-Perry
Getzlaf-Phaneuf

Thoughts? Your opinions?
What would you do?

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
Sit back and enjoy. wow!!! :bow: I hope Al Montoya has his game in order. USA cannot win without Al being as good as last year. Go USA :handclap: :handclap:

allrevvedup25

Jul 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
nrf83 said:
Sit back and enjoy. wow!!! :bow: I hope Al Montoya has his game in order. USA cannot win without Al being as good as last year. Go USA :handclap: :handclap:

Actually, Montoya will have to be better than he was last year. Yes, USA won the gold last year, Canada is that much stronger this year and after watching Crobsy and Bergeron, wow, they are going to be hard to contain!!!!

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Canada's powerplay is going to be unbelievable. Although the one thing that the team is missing is a true powerplay quarterback. I don't see big offence in Phaneuf, he looks so awkward and uncomfortable with the puck (yesterday). A guy like Ian White would definitely be appreciated.

That said, with the guys they can put out, it really might not matter. Crosby and Bergeron are going to light up this tournament.

uzziman

Nov 6, 2002
Abby
Visit site
Matt MacInnis said:
I don't see big offence in Phaneuf, he looks so awkward and uncomfortable with the puck (yesterday)

I noticed that as well, he just seemed to get rid of the puck as soon as possible without realizing how much time he had. This is the one thing I think he needs to work on

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Aaron Vickers said:
I couldn't help but watch and be impressed with Team Canada's puck control, especially on the powerplay tonight. I think it looks extremely solid. That said, I would make one minor change.

I've seen Ryan Getzlaf enough to know that he's utilized best on special teams by playing the point on the powerplay. Granted, these are the best defensemen in the country, but the one-timer Getzlaf can release from the point when a man up is extremely good.

Crosby-Bergeron-Perry
Getzlaf-Phaneuf

Thoughts? Your opinions?
What would you do?
I am never one to disregard having a forward on the point especially if they are an upgrade over what is available defensively. The only thing that would prevent it perhaps is if Getzlafs reaction to defense when the puck is lost is less than great. Sutter will know if he can handle it but i suspect he may not try it against the best in the World unless he has to.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I am never one to disregard having a forward on the point especially if they are an upgrade over what is available defensively. The only thing that would prevent it perhaps is if Getzlafs reaction to defense when the puck is lost is less than great. Sutter will know if he can handle it but i suspect he may not try it against the best in the World unless he has to.

And there's the other question, is it an upgrade over what is available?

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Aaron Vickers said:

Crosby-Bergeron-Perry
Getzlaf-Phaneuf

Thoughts? Your opinions?
What would you do?

Monday night against the Finns was the first time I have seen Getzlaf play since last year. On 1 PP, he looked very good along the boards on the PP. Good puck control and passing. Some posters have said he played ok I thought he stood out in this game.

That being said, I like Barker on the point of the 1st PP unit. Getzlaf should be used on the PP but 2nd unit. From the sounds of it there will be plenty of PP times as offiicals will be calling games very tightly, trying to eliminate obstruction/ interfernce infractions. Getzlaf will see plenty of PP time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad