Your special Hockey gear/apparal moments

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I know you all have one. My outstanding ones are:

Getting a nice barely used pair of CCM Super Tacks at a second hand sale for $60, as a teenager. I swear by those skates to this day.

Even though it was massive on me,Getting an adult Yzerman 19 XL jersey for $10 off at Sport Chek. And then using it to play goal.

Buying a pair of barely used roller blades as a young teen, half priced(Down from $300 to $150)so I could practice roller hocky

Finding a "Hockey is life, the rest is just Details" t-shirt

And today, when I opened my new order, and found out that a youth HNIC XL jersey is no longer tight in the shoulders, but a perfect fit!And it was on sale, to boot!Also, my ladies peter puck shirt is great too! (Altho the youth is a little short in the arms, and he ladies is a little long....but who cares!):hockey:

frito

Jan 27, 2007
Cincinnati
I had been eying a pair of CCM Super tack 1052s for a couple close out sales. They were a rare 1/2 size at our pro shop (a 1/2 size smaller than my 652s and a perfect fit). After a couple of close outs/sidewalk sale I finally asked what they'd sell them for. By the time we were done haggling back and forth I got a cloe to $400 pair of skates for $125 or so. So they were a two year old model at the time. When they were the current year model they were one of the skates to have. These were new/never used.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
About 15 years ago I got a pair of used Daoust 501's for $30. They were selling new for around $300 at the time.

I got a pro-version Canada Cup jersey (with fighting strap) for $10.

DANCIN'WITHJANSSEN

Mar 18, 2007
Was at the Sports Authority just a few days ago and they had a bunch of items for 10 cents! I don't know why they even boithered selling em but I bought a bunch of stuff...They had about 20 Jr LH replacement blades from Bauer and Koho as well as CCM Youth hockey socks.
I spent about $3.50 and came home with tons of stuff. I gave a few blades to my friends son who is a lefty and put the rest on ebay,,,

spjon25

Jun 27, 2006
When I bought my skates (CCM Tacks 852) at Hockey Giant I needed a half size and the only pair they had was the display model, which they gave to me for $50 including the initial sharpening. (Bought these in 2003)

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
-first kid on the block to have the easton ultra lite shaft (about $100 at the time)- stuck with the same model ever since.

-bought bauer brand skates for roller and ice- and will NOT wear anything else. :yo:

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
Not really hockey related but here goes....

On a road trip with a buddy, heading up to the Adirondacks. He needed to pick up a tiffany lamp for his wife's birthday. On the way home we stopped at a small mom/pop gas/grocer in the middle of no where. While my friend was getting the Sodas I scanned the room and saw a small wood barrel with cheap fishing combo set ups. Rod/reel combos for 15.99 each. Looking closer there is a St. Criox outfit in the barrel that I had priced a few months earlier. The reel alone was 150 US and the Pole 250.00US. A sweet micro set up for a max 4lb test line. Snatched that out of the barrel, paid 15.99 US

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad